*****OFFICIAL 2018-2019 Houston Rockets*****

725,465 Views | 9025 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by rvk246
rvk246
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hopefully this is the start of a win streak
Harry Dunne
Of course he's not, I just like him out there better.
dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
WES2006AG
AG
Way to pull out a win on a night that we could have gone the other way.
gunan01
AG
So when Capela comes back, what do we do with Nene? No reason to have Capela, Faried, and Nene on the roster.
k20dub
AG
Farmer1906
AG
Capela, picks, & filler. Let's do it.
WES2006AG
AG
Farmer1906 said:

For a half season before he goes to the Lakers. I think I am a pass on that, especially with Capelas favorable contract.
AG@RICE
AG
WES2006AG said:

Farmer1906 said:

For a half season before he goes to the Lakers. I think I am a pass on that, especially with Capelas favorable contract.

What if he agrees to a Max extension as part of the trade?
WES2006AG
AG
AG@RICE said:

WES2006AG said:

Farmer1906 said:

What if he agrees to a Max extension as part of the trade?
That would be fine but I am very skeptical that would happen. Not to mention what that would probably do to our salary cap moving forward.
Farmer1906
AG
WES2006AG said:

Farmer1906 said:

He's got this year and next on his deal. We need to go all in while Paul is still decent. It's not like this opportunity comes often.
rvk246
AG
We can't compete with Boston and other teams in this since we don't have the assets that NOLA wants. Not to mention that they probably want to trade him to the east.
lil99chris
AG
I bet he ends up with the Lakers.
Frok
AG
The Lakers will get him for nothing. I've seen this story before.
Farmer1906
AG
rvk246 said:

We can't compete with Boston and other teams in this since we don't have the assets that NOLA wants. Not to mention that they probably want to trade him to the east.

Boston can't work a dal with them right away apparently.
WES2006AG
AG
Farmer1906 said:

WES2006AG said:

Farmer1906 said:

He's got this year and next on his deal. We need to go all in while Paul is still decent. It's not like this opportunity comes often.
I just assumed he was a FA this coming offseason. Wonder how urgent the Pels feel the need is to move him now or if they will wait for the offseason. Obviously a year and a half is better than just half a year. I would be ok with bringing him in for that.

With that said, I just don't know what we could give up that would be enticing enough to not trade him to the East.
Hickory High
AG
IMO, 0% chance Capela is traded.
Farmer1906
AG
Hickory High said:

Why do you say that? AD is one of the very guys in the league it would make sense to deal Capela for.
Harry Dunne
Yes, for both sides.
rvk246
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Hickory High said:

Why do you say that? AD is one of the very guys in the league it would make sense to deal Capela for.

I love capela but he's not even 1/5 of the player AD is. Not to mention that it makes no sense to deal a star to a division rival.
WES2006AG
AG
Could we have Harden, CP3, and AD all earning a full max at the same time. Would that allow for us to put any kind of roster around them?

I really don't know with how confusing the NBA salary cap rules are.
rvk246
AG
We'd have an even worse supporting cast than we have now and we'd be in luxury tax hell which I'm sure ownership would not want
Harry Dunne
Yes they would prefer to trade him east but if Capela and others and/or picks is the best they can do, they will do it. In a year and a half Davis is going to end up in the west anyway, regardless... and New Orleans is not competing for championships in the next two years, regardless.

Capela is not a fraction of the player Davis is but he's a great player with a reasonable contract under long-term control.
Aggie09Derek
AG
We don't have the assets to get AD

Other teams can offer guys with better contracts + picks. They aren't gonna take Capela/Tucker/EG type of deal if they are trying to rebuild.
Farmer1906
AG
This is true. Unless we throw in Harden hut that doesn't make a lick of sense.

Our package would be Capela, whatever role player they want , and our picks for the next 4 years.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Don't think we have the picks to give if we wanted to. Haven't we traded some away and not allowed to give all away due to some weird NBA rule.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Good having CP3's bball IQ back on the court.

Farmer1906
AG
I think we're good on our first round picks. We should have them all moving forward. Our 2nd ones have changed somewhat but those don't matter.
Harry Dunne
The trade would work with Capela, Knight and picks. It would also work with Capela, Chriss (who has recently asked for playing time or a trade), one of our trade exceptions and picks.

I don't know what other teams out there will offer up for Davis, or how valuable NO would consider first-rounders that will likely come at the end of the round with Harden/Davis/CP on one team.
Aggie09Derek
AG
End of 1st round picks aren't all that valuable.
Harry Dunne
Yes, obviously. Everyone that follows NBA basketball understands that a late 1st rounder is not nearly as valuable as a lottery pick, but they do have some value and beyond that conditions can also be put on the picks so that they don't mature until they are at a certain slot. Those picks' value will keep appreciating as the Rockets window closes and they inch towards having better picks. If New Orleans' rebuild is faster than expected and they end up needing players sooner, they could flip those picks in the future when they are more valuable.

That said obviously an unprotected 2019 1st rounder from a team picking high is much more valuable than some conditional future pick, but if a team is drafting high in 2019 they are probably bad and aren't looking to add Davis (unless they acquired 2019 picks via trade like Boston).
WES2006AG
AG
Farmer1906 said:

I think we're good on our first round picks. We should have them all moving forward. Our 2nd ones have changed somewhat but those don't matter.
I believe the restriction here is you can't trade 1st round picks in consecutive years so they would have to be spread out to every other year.

I think.
Aggie09Derek
AG
yeah thats what i remember
WES2006AG
AG
Random thought...but why are the magic so bad? They seem to have some talent there, at least enough talent to not be 10 games under .500 in the East. Just seems like they should be better.
AG@RICE
AG
WES2006AG said:

Random thought...but why are the magic so bad? They seem to have some talent there, at least enough talent to not be 10 games under .500 in the East. Just seems like they should be better.
All Robins and no Batman.
First Page Last Page
Page 57 of 258

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.