*****OFFICIAL 2018-2019 Houston Rockets*****

715,354 Views | 9025 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by rvk246
Ryan34
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think you guys are way overreacting to October basketball.
WES2006AG
AG
This hasn't been a great start and I am concerned but I just can't imagine CP is going to let this team play lazy defense night after night. They may not be very talented on D but I have to imagine the effort will pick up. If it doesn't we are in for a long season of average to below average basketball.
k20dub
AG
Ryan34 said:

I think you guys are way overreacting to October basketball.
mazag08
AG
I'm just hoping it's not one of those seasons where we end up as the two seed or the three seed because we lost James in October we had no business losing.
lil99chris
AG
2017-18 Rockets went 5-3 in October last season . How many of you were ready to hit the panic button?

Rockets were facing a Clippers squad that had not played since Friday night (Rockets played the Lakers less than 24 hours beforehand) and were without Chris Paul. I am not impressed with the defense or flow of the offense yet, but I believe we will see improvement.
Texaggie7nine
Rockets beat a healthy Warriors team in San Fran at the beginning of last year, so I think we were feeling pretty good.
7nine
Texaggie7nine
I do wonder. Is there a point with Melo that Coach Pringles just tells him to go back to what he knows and shoot mid range shots all day?
7nine
lil99chris
AG
...the Warriors also started out 5-3 in 2017-18. I bet they were ready to hit the panic button.

Jonas Jerebko saved the Warriors from starting out this season 1-2.

Listen....I get what you guys are nervous about, but winning the back-end of back-to-back with less than 24 hours of rest and missing your #2 player is pretty difficult.
WES2006AG
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

I do wonder. Is there a point with Melo that Coach Pringles just tells him to go back to what he knows and shoot mid range shots all day?
I hope not, he needs to either adjust to our system or GTFO. He can shoot spot up threes, it is just a matter of whether he wants to or not.
Texaggie7nine
Can he though? He's at like 20% at them right now.
7nine
rvk246
AG
I'm not worried. The team has shown improvement defensively since the first game (although we aren't where we need to be yet) and we'll start winning when we get cp3 back. We just have a lot of new guys adjusting to their roles right now and it's too early to panic.
k20dub
AG
lil99chris said:

2017-18 Rockets went 5-3 in October last season . How many of you were ready to hit the panic button?

Rockets were facing a Clippers squad that had not played since Friday night (Rockets played the Lakers less than 24 hours beforehand) and were without Chris Paul. I am not impressed with the defense or flow of the offense yet, but I believe we will see improvement.
I can certainly guess who one is.
Farmer1906
AG
lil99chris said:

canadiaggie
AG
It's a long season and I trust in the staff to figure out the right roles and rotations over the course of the next month or so

No need to freak out just yet
AG@RICE
AG
lil99chris said:

We started the 2017 season 5-1, so it's not really a fair comparison. We also rolled off 6 straight wins after a back-to-back set of losses.

I get your point that we should wait before we panic too much, but this team looks like crap compared to last year's version. I also don't take much from our steady improvement on D because we are just playing crappier teams.
mAgnoliAg
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

Absolutely he can. He's just cold and doesn't have his legs underneath him yet. Y'all are all way overreacting, but such is Texags. Y'all need to be more like the spurs fans were on here back when they were good and not care too much about regular season games.
Harry Dunne
mAgnoliAg said:

Texaggie7nine said:

Absolutely he can. He's just cold and doesn't have his legs underneath him yet. Y'all are all way overreacting, but such is Texags. Y'all need to be more like the spurs fans were on here back when they were good and not care too much about regular season games.
sure, I'll be right on board with that as soon as this core wins about 3 or so championships in 5 years.

What's that you say? Chris Paul and Melo will be 40 in five years? OK then I will just stick to overreacting.
Harry Dunne
lil99chris said:

Rockets were facing a Clippers squad that had not played since Friday night (Rockets played the Lakers less than 24 hours beforehand) whose best players were Tobias Harris and Dario Gallinari and were without Chris Paul. I am not impressed with the defense or flow of the offense yet, but I believe we will see improvement.
Hickory High
AG
lil99chris said:

IMO, the potential was clear with last year's team in October. I wasn't panicking at all. This year, I don't really see it. What are you saying is going to change?

Are James Ennis and MCW suddenly going to become a good shooter after this month?
Will Melo suddenly gain lateral quickness?
Will Zhou Qi or Hartenstein suddenly become reliable backup centers? One of the main things that has killed us in these first three games is that all three teams had uber-athletic power forwards.

The only thing I can actually see changing after this month is that PJ Tucker starts shooting a bit better.
WES2006AG
AG
Anybody know when we can expect to see Nene back in action?
Hickory High
AG
He's only playable against very specific teams. Big guys are too fast & athletic for him now, and he can't stay in front of guards when switched on to them.
WES2006AG
AG
Hickory High said:

He's only playable against very specific teams. Big guys are too fast & athletic for him now, and he can't stay in front of guards when switched on to them.
I agree that he wont fit in every situation but this team could sure use some rebounding help when Clint is not on the floor.
CFTXAG10
AG
Need to get Chriss back healthy
WES2006AG
AG
Looks like Ennis is going to miss 2-3 games with a sore hamstring.
Hickory High
AG
Gonna be a long month.
k20dub
AG
What's all this crap about CP being a bad teammate?

Hickory High
AG
Two pots calling the kettle black.
CFTXAG10
AG
If I wanted an opinion on Chris Paul I sure as hell wouldn't start w/ Rajon Rondo or Big Baby Davis
Hickory High
AG
I hate the constant dumbass rebuttal that simple-minded NBA fans say in response to literally anything, which is, "Yeah will X player has Y number of rings, so he can say whatever he wants." Then everyone acts like that's a logical statement. Even Jalen Rose (who I normally love and think has a lot of valuable insight) is saying it.

People are so damn stupid. In what universe does Rondo having 1 championship ring vs Chris Paul having 0 have ANY IMPACT on his credibility of saying someone is a good or bad teammate??
M.C. Swag
AG
I heard a great take on the Ringer's NBA show podcast regarding spit-gate lol:

"If there was any player in the NBA who would sneak spit on a player, it's Rondo. If there was a player who would get spit on, it's CP3."
Aggie09Derek
AG
Tickets for tonight are cheap cheap cheap
Hickory High
AG
So like...are the Pelicans actually good? I don't understand how they're doing this.
WES2006AG
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

I know people don't care about the NBA until after the new year but this year there seems to be an unusual lack of interest.
Farmer1906
AG
WES2006AG said:

Aggie09Derek said:

I know people don't care about the NBA until after the new year but this year there seems to be an unusual lack of interest.
You can thank GS.

Tier 1
GS

Tier 2
Hou
Bos
Whatever team Lebron is on

Everyone else

The NBA is close to meaningless until deep in the playoffs.
WES2006AG
AG
Just got to my seats and there is about 500 people in the stadium right now.
First Page Last Page
Page 8 of 258

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.