*****OFFICIAL 2018-2019 Houston Rockets*****

718,449 Views | 9025 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by rvk246
Aggie09Derek
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dinwiddie killed the rockets. Can we trade for him?
Beat40
This loss hurts.

Hurts that we couldn't agree with House to keep some consistency from game to game.

Hurts that we don't have that one more reliable shooter/playmaker.

Hurts that the D slacks up with leads.
Harry Dunne
bearkatag15 said:

CFTXAG10 said:

NUNNALLY

Morey - "House who?"
House - "The guy who would have won you the effing game tonight if you signed him instead of getting cute with the roster again."
WES2006AG
AG
That was an epic collapse. The inability to get even 1 stop down the stretch is really astonishing.
CFTXAG10
AG
Some of those shots being hit by the Nets were pretty damn lucky. They couldn't miss, but our effort on D was piss poor. So many lazy fouls and easy buckets at the rim. Really showed tonight why Capela clogging the paint is a huge part of the winning formula
Beat40
Harry Dunne said:

bearkatag15 said:

CFTXAG10 said:

NUNNALLY

Morey - "House who?"
House - "The guy who would have won you the effing game tonight if you signed him instead of getting cute with the roster again."

I mean, I'm not sure it's all on Morey if House isn't bein terribly realistic about what he could get from the Rockets this season.
Hickory High
AG
That was the biggest bull**** I've ever seen. I'm in complete shock. Don't even know what to think.

How the **** DOES THAT EVEN HAPPEN?!?!?!?!
Beat40
CFTXAG10 said:

Some of those shots being hit by the Nets were pretty damn lucky. They couldn't miss, but our effort on D was piss poor. So many lazy fouls and easy buckets at the rim. Really showed tonight why Capela clogging the paint is a huge part of the winning formula

Yeah, really wish PJ wouldn't have tried to take that charge there at the end. To be fair to him though, dude was gassed.
CFTXAG10
AG
Give House the money we are paying Jeff Bzdelik
WES2006AG
AG
Hickory High said:

That was the biggest bull**** I've ever seen. I'm in complete shock. Don't even know what to think.

I think this happened because you kept using the shades emoji before we won tonight.
k20dub
AG
I turned it on with 1:45 left in OT. Who was the dip **** who passed up the wide open 3 and drove it in and missed the floater? Rivers set him up perfectly. You can't be a wing on this team and not take the open 3. Also, we gave up 46 points in the 4th quarter.
CFTXAG10
AG
Having Gordon on a minutes restriction didn't help either
Aggie09Derek
AG
NUNNALLY
Beat40
Hickory High said:

We don't have that second playmaker that can take the ball at the end of games. The Nets completely didn't respect anyone else as a threat at the end of that game. Having EG out there would have at least made them think about keeping a double on Harden the entire last possession.

Hickory High
AG
WES2006AG said:

Hickory High said:

I think this happened because you kept using the shades emoji before we won tonight.

**** ME
k20dub
AG
The dude we signed today was finishing the game for us? Wow. Our roster is a mess right now.
Harry Dunne
I'm sure House is thinking he's worth it least as much as James Anus, and the numbers say he's right. Morey might not have enough money to be able to pay that much for House right now, but getting to the point where we are basically nickel and diming a guy that could have helped us win the game tonight is on him.

I'm not forgetting that Morey also put together the team that got us one game away from what would have been a championship last year. Or all of the good things he has done all the way back to trading for Harden.

But I think it still fair to say he is blowing it on this House deal and on the roster in general this season.
CFTXAG10
AG
k20dub said:

I turned it on with 1:45 left in OT. Who was the dip **** who passed up the wide open 3 and drove it in and missed the floater? Rivers set him up perfectly. You can't be a wing on this team and not take the open 3. Also, we gave up 46 points in the 4th quarter.

Yea, Nunnally had a good game aside from that. I'd cut him some slack tonight but they need to address that with him
Jackal99
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

More of that chick over Bill's shoulder please
[img][/img]
CFTXAG10
AG
Yes
Beat40
CFTXAG10 said:

k20dub said:

Yea, Nunnally had a good game aside from that. I'd cut him some slack tonight but they need to address that with him

Agreed. He just hasn't played with this team enough to know they expect you to shoot that shot.

That's why it's a bummer we couldn't sign House. We need as much on the court chemistry as we can get with so many players out at the moment.
rvk246
AG
Is this the basketball equivalent of the UCLA meltdown?
WES2006AG
AG
rvk246 said:

No way. I was there for that debacle and that might sway my opinion a bit but this is just a regular season Wednesday in January.
PSully97
AG
It was a bad loss, but just 1 game out of 82.
Aggie09Derek
AG
rvk246 said:

Lol at that comparison. Auburn this year would be a better one and even that would be a bad one.
Frok
AG
Harry Dunne said:

I'm sure House is thinking he's worth it least as much as James Anus, and the numbers say he's right. Morey might not have enough money to be able to pay that much for House right now, but getting to the point where we are basically nickel and diming a guy that could have helped us win the game tonight is on him.

I'm not forgetting that Morey also put together the team that got us one game away from what would have been a championship last year. Or all of the good things he has done all the way back to trading for Harden.

But I think it still fair to say he is blowing it on this House deal and on the roster in general this season.

House isn't going to make a huge difference down the road, I'm okay with the move
Hickory High
AG
Eric Gordon probably reinsured his knee. Just my assumption.
3rdGen2015
AG
Hickory High said:

Eric Gordon probably reinsured his knee. Just my assumption.

Harry Dunne
Frok said:

Harry Dunne said:

House isn't going to make a huge difference down the road, I'm okay with the move
You're probably right and Morey obviously agrees. I'd be more OK with it if the minutes he was playing weren't now going to a guy shooting 33% from the field and if we were not 2 games ahead of 9th place.
Frok
AG
That's true. It definitely hurts right now. I liked House in there. But Morey isn't thinking right now. He needs roster flexibility going forward because this team is clearly short a major piece right now.
AG@RICE
AG
This Nunnaly guy is going to get us smoked.

He is like a Bizzaro MCW. He can certainly shoot 3s, but he is also terrible on defense.

I want House back.

Here is my question: How long do we get to hold onto House in this 2-way contract status? These contracts can only run for 2 total seasons. I cannot find any info on the length of his current 2-way contract; however, I thought most of these players could sign with any team after their contract is up. Therefore, I don't see why we just don't convert him to a 1-year deal and make him an RFA. At least we will have a chance to match a contract in that situation. What is the point of holding him on a 2-way contract (even for 1 extra year) if he never gets to play in the playoffs? Morey is trying to force House into taking a bad hand and he is screwing us this year in doing so. Just cut Melo and give House his money for this year and be done with it. We can spend the offseason looking for a new House. If Danuel isn't "that valuable", then losing him during the summer is no big deal....
AG@RICE
AG
Frok said:

That's true. It definitely hurts right now. I liked House in there. But Morey isn't thinking right now. He needs roster flexibility going forward because this team is clearly short a major piece right now.
I think you are hitting on the only logical reason why we haven't just given House the 1-year deal. Morey needs the roster flexibility for some sort of magic he is trying to pull off...

My guess is that we eventually give House a 1-year deal, but only after the trade deadline.
ATM9000
AG
Hickory High said:

ATM9000 said:

Hickory High said:

Harry Dunne said:

If James Ennis with absolutely no upside is worth $1.8M a year for two years, then House is worth that or a little more.

Ennis is a vastly better, more versatile defender (when fully healthy).

Keep you pants on about Ennis. His career thus far, contract and finally actual play for us this season all point to he's not very good.

"Keep my pants on"?

He's been either hurt or playing hurt all year. That's just a fact.

Cool... what was his excuse the other 4 seasons.

Ennis plays really hard. But I don't think he's particularly smart on defense and has terrible hands for an NBA wing. If he's getting more than 15 minute a game for the Rockets, that's probably not good.

You heard Bill Simmons who probably barely watched him play say some nice things in the off-season then got excited and overrated him. Phenomenon is very similar to the whole KJ McDaniel thing. I remember when we got him I hadn't heard of him and then heard all these great things about him... watched his debut and he looked like he just learned how basketball is played the week before.
Harry Dunne
WES2006AG
AG
Thinking about last night the most concerning thing has to be how exhausted James was in the 4th quarter and overtime. That is very worrisome going forward.
First Page Last Page
Page 47 of 258

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.