*****OFFICIAL 2018-2019 Houston Rockets*****

710,039 Views | 9025 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by rvk246
dshedd41
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Gig’em Aggies!
WES2006AG
AG
Texas A&M said:

It will be interesting and I hope it works.....but if Harden can't win with Westbrook, who does he blame this time. At some point the common denominator becomes Harden.

I cant believe it took almost 2.5 hours for the Harden haters to show up. Were you in a movie?
Texas A&M
WES2006AG said:

Texas A&M said:

It will be interesting and I hope it works.....but if Harden can't win with Westbrook, who does he blame this time. At some point the common denominator becomes Harden.

I cant believe it took almost 2.5 hours for the Harden haters to show up. We're you in a movie?
There's a difference in being a hater and a realist. I want the Rockets to win, but so far Harden hasn't had it in him to lead the Rockets to the finals. I hope I'm wrong, but we may look back at the last two years and realize those were our best chances with him.
Mr.Bond
AG
The highs and low's thunder fans have gone through the last 6-7 years is incredible
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Head Ninja In Charge
AG
dshedd14 said:

It's probably for the best.
Unemployed
AG
Texas A&M said:

WES2006AG said:

Texas A&M said:

I cant believe it took almost 2.5 hours for the Harden haters to show up. We're you in a movie?
There's a difference in being a hater and a realist. I want the Rockets to win, but so far Harden hasn't had it in him to lead the Rockets to the finals. I hope I'm wrong, but we may look back at the last two years and realize those were our best chances with him.
Those damn pesky Warriors always got in the way.
Diyala Nick
AG
The Rockets now have the best 1 and 2 guards in the league. Despite his terrible post season, Capela is a far better than average 5.

This team will be in the championship picture for the next several years.

CFTXAG10
AG
Might not be done yet either. Still potential for a Shump S&T to get Iggy, and Tyson Chandler to backup Capela
Hickory High
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Might not be done yet either. Still potential for a Shump S&T to get Iggy, and Tyson Chandler to backup Capela

This is what's so incredible about the trade. We still have all of our trade assets to go for someone like Iggy.
CFTXAG10
AG
Hickory High said:

CFTXAG10 said:

This is what's so incredible about the trade. We still have all of our trade assets to go for someone like Iggy.

Like trade EG+Capela+Etc. to get Durant and put the band back together
Texaggie7nine
And just watch us go out in the first round this year waiting on Durants leg?
7nine
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG

Talk about royally effing something up.
CFTXAG10
AG
Sarcasm. Brooklyn would be wise though to not try and rush him back. Let the Sixers/Bucks decide who wants to lose to the West this year in the Finals.

Now that this big trade is out of the way I'm excited to see what Morey does to round out the roster.
Scientific
AG
Texas A&M said:

I'm more of a glass half full kind of guy. But what if Russ cant win with James or adjust his game? Who does he have to blame?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I'm excited to see what happens, but it definitely has the potential vibe of trying to put out a grease fire by throwing a downed power line on top of it.
BoxingAg84
C Loves L

[This is a thread for Rockets fans. Stay off of it or you will get a ban. -Staff]
Texaggie7nine
7nine
BoxingAg84
Texaggie7nine said:

Guitarsoup
AG
Guitarsoup
AG
Found someone having a worse day than Chris Paul.

tamuwx
AG
And a CP3 injury from winning two years ago against those same Warrior. But yeah it's all Harden.....
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
#7 is probably Chris Mullin or John Havlicek.

#11 is obviously Acie Law.

But maybe Reggie Miller
shano0603
AG
The Cavs have proven even if you pick in the top 5 several years in a row it won't always result in good things,

Heck, the rockets are successful and we have how many players who contribute that we actually drafted? Capela? He was the 17th pick or something like that.
Hickory High
AG
Just for the hell of it, I put every person drafted 20-28 since 2008 on a spreadsheet. Out of the 100 players on the list:

• 3 guys (highlighted in light green) have played at what could be seen as an elite level (Ibaka, Gobert, Capela)
  • 20 guys (highlighted in light orange) became serviceable starters (and I tried to be generous)
  • Roughly 65 guys have played/will play fewer than 5 meaningful years in the league

Conclusion: Picks in these positions are barely relevant. They're the equivalent of gambling. As I said earlier, fans love draft picks because fans love gambling. It's not their own personal money or job on the line, so there's no risk in having draft picks.
ATM9000
AG
Hickory High said:

Just for the hell of it, I put every person drafted 20-28 since 2008 on a spreadsheet. Out of the 100 players on the list:

• 3 guys (highlighted in light green) have played at what could be seen as an elite level (Ibaka, Gobert, Capela)
  • 20 guys (highlighted in light orange) became serviceable starters (and I tried to be generous)
  • Roughly 65 guys have played/will play fewer than 5 meaningful years in the league

Conclusion: Picks in these positions are barely relevant. They're the equivalent of gambling. As I said earlier, fans love draft picks because fans love gambling. It's not their own personal money or job on the line, so there's no risk in having draft picks.

That's cool and relevant for the 2021 pick. Now do the math on where the 2024-2026 picks will be considering Harden will be 35 or older and Westbrook 36 or older. There's high risk in the deal... but again I don't think I care too much about risk 5-6 years from now. There will be opportunities to get picks back in the door or go grab free agents to ensure the Rockets are at least not conveying top 5 picks to the Thunder for 3 straight seasons.
YNWA_AG
AG
The point is winning the title. Rockets FA would care less about those picks if we win the title at least once over the next 2 years.
Hickory High
AG
ATM9000 said:

Hickory High said:

That's cool and relevant for the 2021 pick. Now do the math on where the 2024-2026 picks will be considering Harden will be 35 or older and Westbrook 36 or older.
wtf is wrong with you?
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
YNWA_AG said:

The point is winning the title. Rockets FA would care less about those picks if we win the title at least once over the next 2 years.
Exactly. That's the name of the game. I'd rather have a Toronto-style championship than go through what Oklahoma City went through the last ten years.
ATM9000
AG
Hickory High said:

ATM9000 said:

Hickory High said:

That's cool and relevant for the 2021 pick. Now do the math on where the 2024-2026 picks will be considering Harden will be 35 or older and Westbrook 36 or older.
wtf is wrong with you?

I didn't spend a bunch of time putting together a spreadsheet proving out pick values... that is more than likely completely irrelevant. So I'd turn that question back on you.
CFTXAG10
AG
Went over to CF to see if the mod or Cyber had any insight on the move. Cyber is saying that this was all Tillman. He told Morey to pull the trigger even though Morey wasn't 100% in. Interesting if true. The org structure continues to change.
bam02
AG
Harry Stone said:

WOW. ****ING MOREY IS A GENIUS. HE JUST DUMPED THE WORST CONTRACT IN THE NBA

There's some irony in this post
Hickory High
AG
ATM9000 said:

Hickory High said:

ATM9000 said:

Hickory High said:

wtf is wrong with you?

I didn't spend a bunch of time putting together a spreadsheet proving out pick values... that is more than likely completely irrelevant. So I'd turn that question back on you.
Only took me about 10-15 minutes, buddy. Spreadsheets are pretty easy when you're not old as **** like yourself.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Hickory High said:

ATM9000 said:

Only took me about 10-15 minutes, buddy. Spreadsheets are pretty easy when you're not old as **** like yourself.

There is no more emotionally devastating and demoralizing type of Internet burn than spreadsheet deficiency based on age burn.

First Page Last Page
Page 251 of 258

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.