*****OFFICIAL 2018-2019 Houston Rockets*****

717,439 Views | 9025 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by rvk246
Harry Dunne
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I think you're misunderstanding me I agree with what you are saying and I'm not saying it was a bad trade. We had to take our shot and without the CP3 we would not have made it to the brink.

I'm just saying that today, in 2018 and moving forward it is probably no longer a good trade for us. You're right it's not fair in hindsight to say I wouldn't have made the trade I absolutely would have. I think it's also just real to say I'd rather have the three guys mentioned above for the next couple of years than a breaking down CP3... & that's not even considering salaries and albatross contract.
AG@RICE
AG
I think it is still a good trade for us. When CP3 is on the court, we can beat anybody, any time, any place. I think having Bev, Lou, Montrezl would result in a higher playoff seeding, but having CP3 gives us the most realistic chance to actually win a title this year or next (afterwards....). This team may have breakdowns during the regular season, but if we are healthy come playoff time we got a shot (provided Morey turns Knight and Chriss into a good player).

This team may have to be more like the 94-95 Rockets than the 93-94 version.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Tickets for tonight are dirt cheap again
Texaggie7nine
Aggie09Derek said:

Tickets for tonight are dirt cheap again
I don't think you know what dirt cheap is. When I get dirt cheap tickets, it's about $30 for lower corners.
7nine
Aggie09Derek
AG
10 pack in 115 for $28+fees

Lots of tickets around ~$10 - dirt cheap for our in state "rival".
WES2006AG
AG
I'm not going and can't even seem to give my tickets away. If anyone wants a free pair in 433 PM me and I'll send them to you on Flash Seats.
Aggie09Derek
AG
I'm going to this game and wishing I could get a 3 pack of great seats...but have my normal ones and hate to buy and then eat those....
Texaggie7nine
I don't consider that corner.

I have gotten pretty close to scoring club seats for less than $90 this year. I think I will stick to that plan. It will happen.
7nine
Aggie09Derek
AG
True - feel free to PM me if you want for some in 124 may have some available the hour of for cheap.
Texaggie7nine
Didn't know you had club seats as well. Are you ticketcity?

Anywho I will keep you in mind next time I'm looking and prices are dropping.
7nine
Harry Dunne
AG@RICE said:

I think it is still a good trade for us. When CP3 is on the court, we can beat anybody, any time, any place. I think having Bev, Lou, Montrezl would result in a higher playoff seeding, but having CP3 gives us the most realistic chance to actually win a title this year or next (afterwards....). This team may have breakdowns during the regular season, but if we are healthy come playoff time we got a shot (provided Morey turns Knight and Chriss into a good player).

I agree with most of this, but I don't think we are going to win a title with this roster and we probably won't have the ability to add the pieces we would need.

It's dumb and frustrating to play "what if?", but if we still had the guys above we would still have a damn good (maybe better) team plus a ton of cap space. I'd rather be in that situation at this point.
Good Poster
AG
Korver to Utah.
Aggie09Derek
AG
No Green or Paul tonight
Hickory High
AG
I think we have the worst bench in the West. Hard to watch a 5 of Harden-House-Clark-Tucker-Hartenstein.
Bonfired
AG
Hickory High said:

I think we have the worst bench in the West. Hard to watch a 5 of Harden-House-Clark-Tucker-Hartenstein.

With no CP3 or G Green, you're absolutely right. With them, it's just close to the worst.

Doncic is impressive. First time seeing him in person.
"I stayed up all night playing poker with tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died."--Steven Wright
mwm
Pathetic.
WES2006AG
AG
Nothing like giving up more than 70 points in the first half to the Mavs. I already hate Doncic.
3rdGen2015
AG
I'm glad I'm not able to watch tonight
Good Poster
AG
4 bench points rn
Houag98
AG
House has 7 now off the bench
Gap
AG
Mavs win by 20 points.

House finished with 18 points and 5 rebounds in 23 minutes.
shano0603
AG
Harden was 4 steals away from a quadruple double
Hickory High
AG
If Harden gets hurt again, we're basically the worst team in the West since CP3 can't stay healthy. Our depth is the worst in the conference. Unbelievable how everything has flipped from last year.
WES2006AG
AG
Most teams couldn't survive the loss of their best or even 2nd best player. We are extremely thin and have to figure out a way to win regular season games without running our starters in to the ground. That is a tall task with as little talent as we have on our bench.

The one saving grace so far this season is that most teams in the West also seem to be figuring things out slowly. If we can figure out how to not suck or add some talent we can certainly move up the standing quickly. Every day that goes by makes that seem less likely though.
k20dub
AG
Yep, we need to tread water for now. Also sucks that we're forcing Harden to play every game and a lot of minutes when we all know how he does at the end of the season on tired legs. Need a trade ASAP. I think this team will look a lot different come February. Morey knows he has a small window going all in with Harden and CP.
Hickory High
AG
WES2006AG said:

Most teams couldn't survive the loss of their best or even 2nd best player. We are extremely thin and have to figure out a way to win regular season games without running our starters in to the ground. That is a tall task with as little talent as we have on our bench.

The one saving grace so far this season is that most teams in the West also seem to be figuring things out slowly. If we can figure out how to not suck or add some talent we can certainly move up the standing quickly. Every day that goes by makes that seem less likely though.
I hear what you're saying, but most teams could handle that situation better than we can. Just off the top of my head, I can't think of a team that, in a game between us and them in which neither team has their two best players, would not have a better team than us.
Ags #1
AG
So when do we push the panic button?
Frok
AG
They suck
Harry Dunne
Maybe CP turns that 20 point loss (to the freaking Mavs) into a close win, but no team that loses games to teams like we are losing to in the way that we are losing them wins an NBA championship with the addition of one player.
1876er
AG
AG@RICE said:

This team won't even make the playoffs.
gordo97
AG
Don't be such a negative Nancy
WES2006AG
AG
CP is back tonight. It would be nice to not get embarrassed in SA again.
mwm
So far, so good.
WES2006AG
AG
One of the better quarters we've had all season here in the 1st.

Let's keep it up.
k20dub
AG
70 point first half. That'll do it
First Page Last Page
Page 24 of 258

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.