*****OFFICIAL 2018-2019 Houston Rockets*****

716,040 Views | 9025 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by rvk246
YNWA_AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Agmaniacmike12 said:

I think this going to happen. Celtics and Hawks are likely very interested in Capela, especially since both are likely a center away from being in great shape and they have an extra 2020 1st to work with. Gordon for Butler isn't bad for the 76ers if Jimmy doesn't plan on staying. I don't know their cap situation, but I imagine they could re-sign Reddick with that trade.
with cap holds they are at 108 million, but their practical cap space is 59 mil. If they renounce every free agent they could get up to 77 mil
rsf0626
deandre jordan isnt good at anything anymore except rebounding. He's a liability
Texaggie7nine
We have seen how crappy our offense is over the long haul without a presence of a large body under basket. Without Capela, I'd take Deandre in an instant.
7nine
AG@RICE
AG
rsf0626 said:

deandre jordan isnt good at anything anymore except rebounding. He's a liability

Coincidentally, that is what we are terrible at...

Unfortunately he is also super lazy.
mAgnoliAg
AG
rsf0626 said:

Coming home does a lot for people. That's what excites me about jimmy butler and deandre Jordan. We need his rebounding and alley oop finishes and hopefully he gets back at it more defensively but he's still a big body.
Texan_Aggie
AG
mAgnoliAg said:

rsf0626 said:

Coming home does a lot for people. That's what excites me about jimmy butler and deandre Jordan. We need his rebounding and alley oop finishes and hopefully he gets back at it more defensively but he's still a big body.
DJ scares me as he seems like another Dwight Howard with a better attitude. Energetic, great rebounder, grabs the lobs, good defense. But come playoff time he'll get hacked and I don't have confidence in his free throw ability, especially in crucial moments. Capela is not much better, but has shown improvement. While I understand that DJ has shot fairly well for the past 3-4 years, his health and career 46% is concerning.

Maybe I am just having flashbacks to the hack-a-Howard days. I just want 5 players on the court who can make their free throws.
CFTXAG10
AG

Given the fact that other teams are meeting w/ Horford and theres some smoke about Capela to Boston I am guessing this is the Celtics
dshedd41
S
Not Clint Capela!
Gig’em Aggies!
Texaggie7nine
I would have felt the same way if this was before the performance Capela gave during the last playoffs.
7nine
canadiaggie
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

I would have felt the same way if this was before the performance Capela gave during the last playoffs.

That left a bad taste for me too.
Olsen
AG
3rdGen2015
AG
Really weird move from Nene. I feel like this means he'll be retiring.
CFTXAG10
AG
I think it certainly means he is retiring. It was rumored he was going to be traded anyway to unload his salary so it actually helps the Rockets in the end.

Standing O for Nene with the Ne-Nasty. He played the game here the way it was meant to be played.
CFTXAG10
AG
Guitarsoup
AG
Zach Lowe's column:

Quote:

The Heat could draw Butler's interest in the sign-and-trade market, sources say. (Houston, of course, has very loudly entered that market. Scoff if you want, but the last time Daryl Morey boasted of his capped-out team having something "up its sleeve," he pulled out Chris Paul.)

Houston needs a lot to line up. Philly has to cooperate, and the Sixers have little incentive to do so. Butler could force their hand by threatening to bolt to another team, but for that gambit to work, Philly has to actually care about Butler bolting to another team. What if they prefer that to taking back whatever players and picks Houston might send out? Houston has searched out third-party homes for Clint Capela, Eric Gordon, and P.J. Tucker, but why would such teams pay full freight when they know Houston has to make deals in the event they actually pull off the Butler acquisition? The Rockets have little leverage in those talks.

None of this even gets into base-year compensation, the perils of the hard cap that kicks in with any sign-and-trade, and whether dealing two or three good players for Butler actually makes Houston any better.

Olsen
AG
YNWA_AG
AG
I can't see the heat being used for something other than leverage
. . .
lil99chris
AG
Looney was dominant throughout the Rockets/Warriors series.
3rdGen2015
AG
. . . said:

If you can't beat em, sign em?
Texan_Aggie
AG
Signing Looney reminds me the first time we sign Ariza.
CFTXAG10
AG
Hickory High
AG
We're tryin to get a budget center. Capela must be gone.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Due diligence
CFTXAG10
AG
Definitely wouldn't be upset about losing Shump....

Re-Confirming interest in Aminu

The Tine Legend continues....

Hickory High
AG
"Shown interest" could mean anything, but at the right price, I'd love to have Aminu. Seems he's always killed us in the past, and we desperately need a true, long forward that can rebound.
CFTXAG10
AG

apparently Miami would have to pull of some major roster changes to make this happen, similar to the Rockets
Farmer1906
AG
That's too bad. It's not like Miami and anywhere close to contending.
Mr.Bond
AG
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

WES2006AG
AG
Finally somebody wants to build a "super team" in the east. Glad KD is gone.
WES2006AG
AG
And lol at the Knicks for becoming the second tier destination in NYC.
3rdGen2015
AG
Garrett Temple to the Nets too. I wanted him.
CFTXAG10
AG
So glad KD is headed East
canadiaggie
AG
I think chasing after Butler is a fool's errand. I don't think he wants to come here and I don't think he's that serious about winning.

We can still win with Harden and CP3, we just need the right 3 and d wings
Olsen
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 239 of 258

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.