*****OFFICIAL 2018-2019 Houston Rockets*****

715,736 Views | 9025 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by rvk246
lil99chris
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Um, he's leaving. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw CP3 growing out an unibrow at Blaze Pizza last night.

AG@RICE
AG
mAgnoliAg said:

Lol what? Wiggins is 1" taller than butler

Yikes, probably should have looked at the listed numbers. I always thought Butler was like 6' 5".
AG@RICE
AG
Cp3 for Caruso straight up...let's do this!
superaggie73
AG
And Kuzma
mAgnoliAg
AG
n_touch said:

Would be hilarious. I may be the only one but I am faulting Harden in a lot of this. They will never win a championship playing his brand of ball in the playoffs. I think a tweak to his game here or there and they are in the finals last to years.

Lol if we got rid of his "brand of ball" we aren't even a playoff team. Beyond all this, we are not as talented as GS (last 2 years).
WES2006AG
AG
Glad to see Morey and CP denying the Yahoo report. Hopefully that was exaggerated and they can work things out because I can't imagine getting anything but trash in return for CP with his current contract.
Guitarsoup
AG
Olsen said:

"CP3 to the Lakers" is trending on Twitter right now.
BANANA BOAT! Get Wade out of retirement and sign Melo to a minimum
n_touch
I am not sure if standing 5 ft behind the 3 pt line and dribbling for 20 seconds before throwing up a shot and hoping for a foul is winning basketball. He seems to drive less in the playoffs and throw up more contested 3 pointers. Just a little more ball movement would do a lot.
WES2006AG
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Olsen said:

Speaking of Melo...does he get picked up or is he just not in the NBA anymore?
Farmer1906
AG
WES2006AG said:

Guitarsoup said:

Olsen said:

Speaking of Melo...does he get picked up or is he just not in the NBA anymore?

He's clearly more trouble than he's worth. I doubt he's playing next year.
Guitarsoup
AG
I think the Lakers give Melo the league min.
AG@RICE
AG
Guitarsoup said:

About 5 months before they cut him.
Scientific
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Melo taking a bench role? His pride will never allow him to just accept that.
Seven Costanza
AG
Can Melo do anything at this point? I get that he's a horrible defender, but was he still able to create any kind of decent shot last season that may give him a role as a second team scorer? What would his purpose be?
Guitarsoup
AG
Seven Costanza said:

Can Melo do anything at this point? I get that he's a horrible defender, but was he still able to create any kind of decent shot last season that may give him a role as a second team scorer? What would his purpose be?
Someone gotta be the cameraman when Unibrow, Kuz, LeBron, and Kemba get on the Banana Boat in LA.
CFTXAG10
AG
WES2006AG said:

Glad to see Morey and CP denying the Yahoo report. Hopefully that was exaggerated and they can work things out because I can't imagine getting anything but trash in return for CP with his current contract.
So my question this morning is who stands to gain anything by putting this false report out there? Is another team in the NBA trying to drive a wedge through Harden/CP3 so the Rockets will effectively break up or have drama most of the season. OR is this just the media being lazy and searching for a story now that the season is over and they want to stay relevant?

Either way, I was glad to see CP3/Morey/Feigen/Ackerman and others refute the report almost instantly. The stories about CP3 and his demeanor towards Harden/Tucker and others is actually fantastic. With Dantoni being a players coach its nice to have someone with a veteran presence in the locker room that will hold others accountable and not be afraid to speak his mind.
Dan Scott
AG
We fired a lot of coaches. Media sources are them.
Guitarsoup
AG
CBS Sports put a list of possible trades out.

Boston: Chris Paul for Gordon Hayward

Phoenix: Chris Paul for #6, TJ Warren, Josh Jackson, Tyler Johnson

Orlando and Memphis:
Orlando receives Chris Paul
Houston receives Mike Conley
Memphis receives Aaron Gordon, DJ Augustine, #16 from Orlando, Future 1st from Houston

Minnesota: Paul for Wiggins, Saric, Bates-Diop

Miami: Paul for Gorman Dragic, James Johnson, Derrick Jones Jr
AG@RICE
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Orlando and Memphis:
Orlando receives Chris Paul
Houston receives Mike Conley
Memphis receives Aaron Gordon, DJ Augustine, #16 from Orlando, Future 1st from Houston

I'd take this one in a heart beat.
Bulldog73
AG
Minnesota and Miami deals are snoozers to me, but the others all look pretty solid.
AG@RICE
AG
I wouldn't touch Hayward. If his college coach gives up on him, I think he might be damaged beyond repair.
Guitarsoup
AG
AG@RICE said:

I wouldn't touch Hayward. If his college coach gives up on him, I think he might be damaged beyond repair.
But with Jaylen Brown and Jayson Tatum at the same position, his college coach has two very good players playing the same position that are significantly younger and significantly cheaper without the major injury history.
Farmer1906
AG
AG@RICE said:

If he sucks then hes's likely gone after this year. It should open up room for a max, right?
AG@RICE
AG
Farmer1906 said:

AG@RICE said:

If he sucks then hes's likely gone after this year. It should open up room for a max, right?

I think he has 2 years left. This upcoming season plus one more.
CFTXAG10
AG
The only thing that would bother me about switching Paul for Conley is they aren't that far apart in age, and one of the benefits of dumping Paul's contract would be to open up cap space. Conley is still getting payed 30+ this year and next.
Guitarsoup
AG
Gordon has 19-20 for 32.7mm and has a player option for 20-21 for 34.2mm.

So he is owed over the next two years about half of what Chris Paul is owed over the next three.

Gordon only put up 11.5/4.5/3.4 last year on .466/.333/.834 shooting in 25.9mpg. But Boston was pretty loaded, too.

Last year in Utah he put up 22/5/3.5 on .471/.398 shooting.
AG@RICE
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

The only thing that would bother me about switching Paul for Conley is they aren't that far apart in age, and one of the benefits of dumping Paul's contract would be to open up cap space. Conley is still getting payed 30+ this year and next.

Conley gets 32 million next year and 34 the year after, then he is off the books.

CP3 gets 38, 41, 44 over the next 3.

That Conley contract is huge, but somehow CP3's makes it seem like a bargain.

Edit: after looking at CP3s contract and reading others responses I'd probably take Hayward too. There is enough promise and cap relief to make it worthwhile.
Guitarsoup
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Conley has 2y/55mm left while Paul has 3y125mm. Saves a ton of money over 3 years. While Conley was pretty healthy last year, the previous few years had a number of injuries. his shooting may take an upturn if he was able to play off ball some, too.

Chris Paul has 1050 total NBA games. Mike Conley is at about 825 total NBA games. 37,000 Vs 27,000 total NBA minutes
CFTXAG10
AG
Guitarsoup said:

CFTXAG10 said:

Conley has 2y/55mm left while Paul has 3y125mm. Saves a ton of money over 3 years. While Conley was pretty healthy last year, the previous few years had a number of injuries. his shooting may take an upturn if he was able to play off ball some, too.

Chris Paul has 1050 total NBA games. Mike Conley is at about 825 total NBA games. 37,000 Vs 27,000 total NBA minutes
Definitely agree that Conley's contract is more favorable than Paul.
CFTXAG10
AG

Not a bad move for Memphis, especially since they are getting Morant tomorrow night.
AG@RICE
AG
That just made Utah really good if Conley stays healthy
Hickory High
AG
Holy ****, Conley is perfect for the Jazz. *********it.
CFTXAG10
AG
Utah just needs to add another shooter and they will be pretty lethal. Korver/Crowder were responsible for a lot of their success from 3
Guitarsoup
AG
Gobert
Favors
Ingles
Mitchell
Conley

That's a solid starting five. Just need some depth and shooting.
3rdGen2015
AG
That's a really good get for the Jazz. Sucks for Rubio though, he'll probably be relegated to a non-playoff team now.
First Page Last Page
Page 234 of 258

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.