*****OFFICIAL 2018-2019 Houston Rockets*****

723,191 Views | 9025 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by rvk246
Hickory High
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We're going to have to change the offense this year. Can't keep banging our head against the wall hoping it will work. I think there is enough evidence that teams are able to adjust to our offense over the course of a playoff series if no adjustments are made to it.
WES2006AG
AG
n_touch said:

He is not wrong though. More ball movement in any of the losses would have been better than dribble for 20 seconds and put up a long range 3 hoping for a foul.
I agree. It will be interesting to see how receptive James is to moving away from the iso ball we played most of the season. I have to assume that it isn't just CP and that Dantoni would also like to see more ball movement.

We are only 2 seasons removed from James averaging 11.2 apg and leading the league in that category. I would like to see the offense look more like that than what we ran most of last year.
CFTXAG10
AG
FWIW, Stephen A just said that he received calls from multiple Rockets players setting the record straight that the reports about CP3-Harden were absolutely false

Side Note: Max Kellerman is an idiot.
Dan Scott
AG
Of course it's bullcrap. Again I don't get the "we need more ball movement" argument. All of our guys are getting the shots they want. We have bad possessions but so does everybody else. We have the 2nd most efficient offense in the NBA. We're going up against a juggernaut and don't have the talent to play them 5-5. There's a reason everybody says we're the closest team to compete against the Warriors and it's because of the greatness of James Harden and how we play.
rvk246
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Max Kellerman is an idiot.

Don't take Kellerman seriously
https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/bdnvkl/max_kellerman_tries_to_cover_up_a_fart_with_an/
k20dub
AG
Dan Scott said:

Of course it's bullcrap. Again I don't get the "we need more ball movement" argument. All of our guys are getting the shots they want. We have bad possessions but so does everybody else. We have the 2nd most efficient offense in the NBA. We're going up against a juggernaut and don't have the talent to play them 5-5. There's a reason everybody says we're the closest team to compete against the Warriors and it's because of the greatness of James Harden and how we play.
. . .
Roy Rogers, Irv Roland, Mitch Vanya, John Cho also let go (along with previously reported Jeff Bzdelik).
3rdGen2015
AG
. . . said:

Roy Rogers, Irv Roland, Mitch Vanya, John Cho also let go (along with previously reported Jeff Bzdelik).

In case you're in the same boat as me and these names mean nothing to you, it's basically the whole defensive staff plus the video coordinator. Seems like the offensive staff is staying in tact.
k20dub
AG
Bill Simmons podcast has now twice mentioned Chris Paul to the Lakers for Lonzo Ball. No thank you.
WES2006AG
AG
k20dub said:

Bill Simmons podcast has now twice mentioned Chris Paul to the Lakers for Lonzo Ball. No thank you.

CP's contract isn't so bad we would dump him for Lonzo right? It's kinda sad to even think about
Ags #1
AG
Lol!!!! Why the **** would the lakers do that? And why would the rockets want ball??? That is a terrible take
k20dub
AG
He said this would only happen if the Lakers struck out on their "first 8 options". Still, I couldn't see it.
superaggie73
AG
I could see it. Lebron is best friends with CP3, hates young guys, and runs the Lakers. If Lebron wants him, the Lakers will try to make it happen. As a Rocket though, Lonzo does not move the ball for me unless you are getting a Kuzma or Ingram in return as well and use the cap space on a Jimmy Butler.
Ags #1
AG
I would want all 3 in order to take on ball. He can't shoot for **** and would add nothing to the team
zooguy96
Kuzma, Ingram, and ACFresh for CP3.
Hickory High
AG
I'd take just about anything within reason for CP3. Ball is not within reason.
Aggie09Derek
AG
zooguy96 said:

Kuzma, Ingram, and ACFresh for CP3.

Give me ACFresh straight up to clear the cap room. I know that couldn't be done but still....

QBCade
AG
WES2006AG said:

k20dub said:

CP's contract isn't so bad we would dump him for Lonzo right? It's kinda sad to even think about

IMO, this would be a good trade for the Rockets. They would clear a lot of cap space (not sure what Lonzo will make '19-'20, so I'm assuming) and may be able to trade Lonzo too. I don't see the league approving this, unless the Lakers put more with Lonzo.
1876er
AG
QBCade said:

WES2006AG said:

k20dub said:

IMO, this would be a good trade for the Rockets. They would clear a lot of cap space (not sure what Lonzo will make '19-'20, so I'm assuming) and may be able to trade Lonzo too. I don't see the league approving this, unless the Lakers put more with Lonzo.

Would it make the rockets better? Lowering your cap to make your team worse isn't a good thing.
Dan Scott
AG
The heat Harden gets for being an MVP without winning better come down on Giannis just as much after blowing this game.
1876er
AG
Dan Scott said:

The heat Harden gets for being an MVP without winning better come down on Giannis just as much after blowing this game.

Giannis is 24. Harden is 30. That's a pretty big difference in the NBA
WES2006AG
AG
Dan Scott said:

Gianis was lost down the stretch again tonight
QBCade
AG
1876er said:

QBCade said:

WES2006AG said:

k20dub said:

Would it make the rockets better? Lowering your cap to make your team worse isn't a good thing.

You'll have to use that room to attract other players of course.
Mr.Bond
AG
James has been to the conference finals multiple times.....
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Texaggie7nine
Lemme know how he does against GS in the playoffs
7nine
1876er
AG
QBCade said:

1876er said:

QBCade said:

WES2006AG said:

k20dub said:

You'll have to use that room to attract other players of course.

Unless you can get KD, Kawhi, or Anthony Davis, I still don't think they beat the Warriors.
Dad
AG
I would trade Paul for Ball. I think the trade makes the Rockets worse but if they sign someone good with the cap space it makes them better over the next several years. Paul is getting noticeably worse each year. I predict that he will miss 20 games due to injury and will be a non-factor against a team like GS in the playoffs next year.
CFTXAG10
AG
k20dub
AG
Bulldog73
AG
Nvm. Interesting. Kind of a coach in waiting type deal I assume.
CFTXAG10
AG
It would likely create some immediate tension between MDA and Lue. With the turnover on the defensive coaching staff and now this, it sure feels like maybe they are trying to force MDA out.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Aggie09Derek
AG
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26847098/rockets-making-cp3-others-available
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
k20dub
AG
This is shocking to me. Tells me the Rockets management thinks another West team is going to get upgraded this offseason. Feel like one of the two LA teams is about to get loaded.
First Page Last Page
Page 226 of 258

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.