*****OFFICIAL 2018-2019 Houston Rockets*****

718,455 Views | 9025 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by rvk246
agdaddy04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
But right after the 7th pick I thought they put the Lakers in the top 4 in their graphic?
LawHall88
AG
agdaddy04 said:

But right after the 7th pick I thought they put the Lakers in the top 4 in their graphic?
Right, the way the lottery works is that only the first four picks are set by the lottery. So once the Lakers slot was passed without their name popping up, it means they were one of the top 4 lottery picks.
rvk246
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

This should put the Lakers in the drivers seat for Davis now that they have the 4th pick, assuming Davis still demands a trade right?

I don't think so. Zion, Barrett, and Morant are the clear top 3 and the Lakers are picking 4th so the Knicks pick is worth much more IMO.
3rdGen2015
AG
rvk246 said:

Enzo The Baker said:

This should put the Lakers in the drivers seat for Davis now that they have the 4th pick, assuming Davis still demands a trade right?

I don't think so. Zion, Barrett, and Morant are the clear top 3 and the Lakers are picking 4th so the Knicks pick is worth much more IMO.

What else do the Knicks have? At least the Lakers have a few players that the Pels could pick from. I feel like the Knicks trade hinged on them getting the number one pick.
AG@RICE
AG
Conspiracy theory: the Lakers definitely got caught with their hand in the cookie jar as it relates to tampering/AD. Pels threatened to sue Lakers and NBA for enabling LA to do so. Silver solved the problem behind closed doors by forcing Magic to resign and rigging the lottery for Pels.
Enzo The Baker
AG
3rdGen2015 said:

rvk246 said:

Enzo The Baker said:

What else do the Knicks have? At least the Lakers have a few players that the Pels could pick from. I feel like the Knicks trade hinged on them getting the number one pick.

That was my thought as well. I'm not convinced the drop off is that big from 3th/4th either. Unless you're just a big fan of Barrett.
ATM9000
AG
3rdGen2015 said:

rvk246 said:

Enzo The Baker said:

Knicks could offer the Pelicans something like their pick this year, Mitchell Robinson then 2 of of the Dallas pick, Smith, or Knox and I think that's a much more compelling offer than what the Lakers can put together.

I also think the idea of Davis signing long term with the Lakers has sailed.

It is fun to point and laugh at the Knicks... but man are they set up to possibly build a powerhouse team this summer. I sort of think they are going to take something like that package to trade for 1 big piece then sign to other ones.
rvk246
AG
3rdGen2015 said:

rvk246 said:

Enzo The Baker said:

I feel like they also prefer to send AD to the east to avoid competing against him as well (just like how SA sent Leonard to the east)
mAgnoliAg
AG
I think the 3rd pick is a lot more valuable than the 4th pick this year. Imagine if the pelicans got Zion and Morant. That's scary. Next GS?
CFTXAG10
AG
I was thinking something similar. Why not build a great young core for less?
Enzo The Baker
AG
mAgnoliAg said:

I think the 3rd pick is a lot more valuable than the 4th pick this year. Imagine if the pelicans got Zion and Morant. That's scary. Next GS?

I thought Ja was a given at the 2. But maybe not.

It would be really hard to keep a core together in the city of NOLA imo. Zion looked like his dog had been shot in the post draft interview.
CFTXAG10
AG
This perimeter D by Portland is tough to watch
Dan Scott
AG
Portland getting their ass kicked. They need to change their system it doesn't work.
CFTXAG10
AG
Every game in our series was decided by 6 or fewer points. Portland just lost by 22 and they shot 31 free throws
3rdGen2015
AG
That really looked and felt like a regular season game. This series will never be in doubt. Portland's defensive game plan was atrocious.
PFG
AG
[3 day ban. You have been warned - Texags Staff]
Poot
Now GS will lay an egg and possibly lose game 2 out of lack of interest... Only to blow out Portland in games 3 and 4.
Kellso
1876er said:

STL_aTm said:

I couldn't be a bigger bucks fan now but geeze, I cant imagine having to to put my NBA hopes and dreams on hardens shoulders year after. Dude has zero heart.

That's a ridiculous take. He's not MJ, Kobe, or LBJ, but he easily one of the top 5 players in the league. Nash never got a ring. Dirk only got one, and it took him 14 years. Barkley never got a ring. Reggie Miller never got one. Stockton and Malone never got one.
"Easily"

Kawhi, Curry, KD, Lebron and Giannis. Off the top of my head are 5 players I would rather build my franchise around than James Harden.

Harden is a top 5 regular season player who flames out in the post season because he does not play very good defense.
WES2006AG
AG
Dan Scott said:

Portland getting their ass kicked. They need to change their system it doesn't work.

I'm sure Blazers' forums are filled with people calling for Dame to be traded this morning.
ATM9000
AG
Kellso said:

1876er said:

STL_aTm said:

I couldn't be a bigger bucks fan now but geeze, I cant imagine having to to put my NBA hopes and dreams on hardens shoulders year after. Dude has zero heart.

That's a ridiculous take. He's not MJ, Kobe, or LBJ, but he easily one of the top 5 players in the league. Nash never got a ring. Dirk only got one, and it took him 14 years. Barkley never got a ring. Reggie Miller never got one. Stockton and Malone never got one.
"Easily"

Kawhi, Curry, KD, Lebron and Giannis. Off the top of my head are 5 players I would rather build my franchise around than James Harden.

Harden is a top 5 regular season player who flames out in the post season because he does not play very good defense.

So you'd take Kawhi who hasn't played more than 65 games in the regular season in 3 seasons now and LeBron... who is 34 and effectively threw the towel in over Harden?

Get out of here with your nonsense. Players who carried the 'regular season player' monicker in the past: LeBron, Dirk, Durant, Jordan, Hakeem. It's a stupid monicker that means nothing. Harden is in the middle of his prime and will finish this season in the top 2 of MVP voting for the 3rd straight season... of course he's a top 5 player and acting otherwise is simply ridiculous.
Truvada_for_prep
LOL at live oak probably a Mavs fan.
Good Poster
AG
Quote:

Klay Thompson is also a better player than Harden

Stop
ATM9000
AG
Going back to... the Mark Jackson coaching era to give Kawhi credit for beating the Warriors? Draymond backed up David Lee still back then... that's how absurd your argument is.

Get an Uber home buddy... you're drunk.
k20dub
AG
He's a Mavs fan, flag it and ignore it
Texan_Aggie
AG
Kellso said:

1876er said:

STL_aTm said:

"Easily"

I would say that Harden is a better post-season player than Lebron, easily, because he actually played in the post-season this year.
CFTXAG10
AG

Quote:

Harden is a top 5 regular season player who flames out in the post season because he does not play very good defense

Quote:

I like James Harden. I enjoy watching him play basketball. He is one of the best ISO scorers I've ever seen play in the NBA. I think he gets unfairly maligned for all the Rockets playoff failures.
CFTXAG10
AG
Kellso said:

Money Ag said:

Quote:

Stop
Klay Thompson is elite on both sides of the ball. James Harden is only elite on one side.

Klay is the best defensive two guard in the NBA, and one of the 10 best shooters in NBA history.
He once scored 37 points in a single quarter, and also had 60 points in 3 quarters.

I do think that Harden has a better offensive arsenal than Klay, but Harden's mid section does not scream someone that has the conditioning to be an elite defensive player.

Klay Thompson could easily average 28-32PPG if he wasn't asked to do so much on defense.
Being an elite player is more than just being a great scorer.
Thompson is what makes the Warriors scary good.
This is easily one of the worst takes I have ever seen on the TA NBA Basketball board and that is saying something
WES2006AG
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Kellso said:

Money Ag said:

Quote:

Stop
Klay Thompson is elite on both sides of the ball. James Harden is only elite on one side.

Klay is the best defensive two guard in the NBA, and one of the 10 best shooters in NBA history.
He once scored 37 points in a single quarter, and also had 60 points in 3 quarters.

I do think that Harden has a better offensive arsenal than Klay, but Harden's mid section does not scream someone that has the conditioning to be an elite defensive player.

Klay Thompson could easily average 28-32PPG if he wasn't asked to do so much on defense.
This is easily one of the worst takes I have ever seen on the TA NBA Basketball board and that is saying something
Ranks right up there with it wasn't Kawahi's fault he quit on his team.
3rdGen2015
AG
Kellso said:

CFTXAG10 said:

Kellso said:

Money Ag said:

Quote:

Stop

okay....defense is the reason the Warriors send the Rockets home every year. The Rockets can barely stop anyone when it matters.

James Harden is a top 5 offensive player in the NBA. Top 5 overall? Not at all.

But go ahead and be my guest if you want to hitch your wagon to a superstar that plays no defense.
Harden's post season results speak for itself.
If Harden and Klay switched places, the Rockets would never get out of the first round
rvk246
AG
3rdGen2015 said:

Kellso said:

CFTXAG10 said:

Kellso said:

Money Ag said:

Quote:

Stop

okay....defense is the reason the Warriors send the Rockets home every year. The Rockets can barely stop anyone when it matters.

James Harden is a top 5 offensive player in the NBA. Top 5 overall? Not at all.

But go ahead and be my guest if you want to hitch your wagon to a superstar that plays no defense.
Harden's post season results speak for itself.
If Harden and Klay switched places, the Rockets would never make the playoffs
FIFY
mAgnoliAg
AG
Damn Kawhi and Giannis really took over this game in crunch time. They are so much better than James Harden.
mAgnoliAg
AG
mAgnoliAg
AG
Those 2 points on 0 FG in the 4th from Kawhi really gave the raptors the best chance possible to win this one.

And the 3 points from giannis just absolutely won the game for the bucks. Absolutely amazing
Good Poster
AG
Klay Thompson is an elite shooter but can't create his own shot on O. As far as just strictly offense goes, Harden is in another universe.
Nino Brown
Klay would be the ultimate weapon for Harden. We actually have to get at least one guy who can go make a play in the post as well. Have to take a little bit of heat off of the iso stuff.
First Page Last Page
Page 224 of 258

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.