*****OFFICIAL 2018-2019 Houston Rockets*****

718,194 Views | 9025 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by rvk246
WES2006AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am still all for bringing in a 3 and D wing but anybody off the bench that can shoot would be a major improvement. We can't play an 8 man rotation all season. Korver would fit right in to the minutes MCW was playing earlier this season.

Nobody thinks Korver is the answer to all our problems but he would be a step in the right direction at the right price.
Mr.Bond
AG
Look at my post at the top of the previous page from Mark Berman
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Dan Scott
AG
James Ennis is the problem. Dude is a scrub. The Rockets know Carmelo has an ego and they should have babysat him better. It's one thing to make him come off the bench because we have so much talent already but he's benched in favor of James freaking Ennis.
k20dub
AG
The Athletic is reporting that our final offer for Butler was:

Gordon
Nene
2 first rounders

The Pelicans offered:
Mirotic and a 1st rounder
Aggie09Derek
AG
PM or email me at username@gmail if looking for tickets via Warriors - can save you the fees.

AG@RICE
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Look at my post at the top of the previous page from Mark Berman
I guess that is more "damning", but I don't think any of this will cast Morey in a negative light. I'm glad that he is willing to ditch his failed experiment so quickly, in some ways it makes him more credible to me.
Harry Dunne
I agree with this. Better to cut bait and take the hit than to double down on a losing bet.
canadiaggie
AG
Random question: could we acquire Kevin Love? Would he fit in our system?
AG@RICE
AG
canadiaggie said:

About 3 years ago, he was one of the guys that I hoped would end up with the Rockets. I I really thought his game would have complimented Harden well. I'm not sure if I feel that way today. He just got a HUGE contract extension and I'm not sure he can rebound/defend well enough to force Clint and PJ off the court in the 4th Q.

The ceiling is essentially what you hoped to get from Melo, while the floor is a long term expensive version of what we actually got from Melo.
Good Poster
AG
AG@RICE said:

canadiaggie said:

About 3 years ago, he was one of the guys that I hoped would end up with the Rockets. I I really thought his game would have complimented Harden well. I'm not sure if I feel that way today. He just got a HUGE contract extension and I'm not sure he can rebound/defend well enough to force Clint and PJ off the court in the 4th Q.

The ceiling is essentially what you hoped to get from Melo, while the floor is a long term expensive version of what we actually got from Melo.

This is someone I actually did a little bit of research on yesterday because I thought the fit next to Capela and getting 3 point looks from Harden/Paul would be really nice but this is a long shot imo. I don't think his contract is overvalued in the market, but it just isn't plausible with some of the max guys that the rockets have on the books (Capela/Harden/Paul).

Coincidentally if the Rockets had offered the Butler proposal of Knight + 4 1's the Cavs would have hopped on that though because of the picks.
Harry Dunne
AG@RICE said:

canadiaggie said:

I agree about his prohibitive contract and deteriorating defensive skills, but he's averaging 19 PPG and 13.5 RPG... his numbers would go down a bit sharing the ball in our offense, but last year with LeBron he shot 41.5% from 3 & is coming off to back to back all-star years.

You're right, we can't absorb that salary and he will deteriorate into uselessness eventually, but you better believe he could help us a ton in the near future.
Gigem Trevas
He just signed an extension he can't be traded yet.
Hickory High
AG
Gigem Trevas said:

He just signed an extension he can't be traded yet.
Not to mention the fact that his trade value is basically nonexistent.
Harry Dunne
My money still says Morey is going to spin Melo into a second round pick or a decent role player.
Iowaggie
AG
Dan Scott said:

James Ennis is the problem. Dude is a scrub. The Rockets know Carmelo has an ego and they should have babysat him better. It's one thing to make him come off the bench because we have so much talent already but he's benched in favor of James freaking Ennis.

James Ennis would not have seen the floor on last year's team, and the expectations should be low for a guy making near the vet minimum.

He's the kind of guy that starts each stint with a new club playing 24-29 mpg, and you think you really have found some gem.

About 2 months later, after he makes some great play, you're having conversations with some casual fan who wonders why Ennis is now only playing 15 mpg, but then by the end of the game that fan will wonder if more time in the G-League would be beneficial for the guy.

He can be a decent 10-16 mpg guy in the right game situations.
Good Poster
AG
Hartenstein runs around like the damn hunchback of Norte dame
Hickory High
AG
Money Ag said:

He's had some bad moments in this game already for sure. I still really like his potential. He's only 20.
Good Poster
AG
Had to mute the game because Matt Bullard is hurting my ears
Aggie09Derek
AG
Money Ag said:

Had to mute the game because Matt Bullard is hurting my ears

And he is infinitely better than Clyde.
Hickory High
AG
Eric Gordon is so damn bad
WES2006AG
AG
Tucker would not allow himself to be posterized
WES2006AG
AG
Von sitting court side in Denver tonight.
Dan Scott
AG
This is the Rockets basketball we know and love
3rdGen2015
AG
Big time W
rvk246
AG
Looks like we've figured it out
rvk246
AG
Also it's pretty clear that we play way better without melo
WES2006AG
AG
Best W of the season so far
canadiaggie
AG
Bye bye Melo.

Also, Ennis played a solid game today. 16 points, 4 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal, 2 blocks.
k20dub
AG
Good win. Denver was favored by 4.5
Farmer1906
AG
canadiaggie said:

Bye bye Melo.

Also, Ennis played a solid game today. 16 points, 4 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal, 2 blocks.

I'll take that nightly
Hickory High
AG
Muuuuuch better. Hard not to buy the "Melo is a team cancer" narrative with these kinds of games.
AG@RICE
AG
Hickory High said:

Muuuuuch better. Hard not to buy the "Melo is a team cancer" narrative with these kinds of games.
I don't think Melo was really a "cancer". I just think they needed to play Tucker more and Melo....well...none.

Tucker last night: 40 minutes, +20.
Tonight: 41 minutes, +25.

Ultimately, I think Melo is choosing to leave because the team told him they were giving all of his minutes to Tucker, Ennis and Clark. Its not that he was a bad teammate, just a bad defender.
canadiaggie
AG
AG@RICE said:

Hickory High said:

I don't think Melo was really a "cancer". I just think they needed to play Tucker more and Melo....well...none.

Tucker last night: 40 minutes, +20.
Tonight: 41 minutes, +25.

Ultimately, I think Melo is choosing to leave because the team told him they were giving all of his minutes to Tucker, Ennis and Clark. Its not that he was a bad teammate, just a bad defender.

Yeah I noticed that Tucker was on the floor pretty much all game. There's no way that's sustainable. Morey has got to swing Knight and Chriss into someone usable
WES2006AG
AG
Last night was the 2nd game in a row we used an 8 man rotation. That is clearly not something we can sustain and Morey has to be aware of that. Hopefully he can flip some of these scrubs for contributors.

In Morey we trust.
Harry Dunne
Hickory High said:

Money Ag said:

He's had some bad moments in this game already for sure. I still really like his potential. He's only 20.
Exactly, he is 7' and built well and reasonably coordinated. He's not explosive at all but runs the court well, looks like good rebounder, decent passer, decent touch on short-range stuff.

He has a lot of work to do but the fact that he's playing some pretty decent minutes for a good NBA team Imagine what he would be doing for the Aggies right now ( insert "getting ruined by BK" jokes) should be a junior in college.
First Page Last Page
Page 19 of 258

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.