*****OFFICIAL 2018-2019 Houston Rockets*****

717,833 Views | 9025 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by rvk246
Mr.Bond
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Gap
AG
Morey has had an embarrassing off-season. It appears he is less an executive and leader and instead just a Moneyball guy that missed on the interpersonal part of a team and personalities. The Carmelo crap was just too predictable.

As a Rockets fans, the deterioration between last year and this year sucks. I was looking and hoping to be a perennial fixture at the top of the NBA for a while.

Yahoo Sports: Carmelo Anthony's short, lousy stint with Rockets is reportedly coming to an end
Texaggie7nine
Decent start.
7nine
WES2006AG
AG
Was really worried when Clint went out earlier but he is fine. Decent first quarter really just need to start making out FT's.
Dan Scott
AG
The offense is back!!!
WES2006AG
AG
This looks like a different team that played last night. Great first half.
Harry Dunne
Is there a GM out there stupid enough to trade us a decent role player for Vagelo?
WES2006AG
AG
Harry Dunne said:

Is there a GM out there stupid enough to trade us a decent role player for Vagelo?

It's not even a salary dump anymore so I can't imagine anybody would even trade us bad players at this point.
Harry Dunne
If Dwight Howard is still employed, someone will give Melo a shot.
3rdGen2015
AG
Glad the positive regression to the mean is finally happening with the 3 pointers tonight.
WES2006AG
AG
This has to be the first time we have had 100+ in the 3rd quarter this season.
rvk246
AG
Great game so far but if we want to contend we need to add more pieces to this roster
canadiaggie
AG
Harden not handling the double team well at this point of the game. He's having a hard time finding the open man
3rdGen2015
AG
Nice W. Gary Clark will be a starter by Christmas.
Dan Scott
AG
Wow who had us winning our first home game this late in the season
rvk246
AG
I'll take the W but we still need to fix our issues
WES2006AG
AG
That looked like progress. Big test coming up this week with Nugs and Warriors.
WES2006AG
AG
We only played 8 guys tonight. Looked like MCW has fallen out of favor.
Hickory High
AG
WES2006AG said:

We only played 8 guys tonight. Looked like MCW has fallen out of favor.

He needs to fall out of our roster.
3rdGen2015
AG

He either has the flu or there's fire under all of this waiving him smoke.
3rdGen2015
AG
Mr.Bond
AG
Morey is going to lose a lot of credibility if Melo is in fact done
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

3rdGen2015
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Why? Melo was signed to the vet minimum and might be let go before Thanksgiving.
Aggie09Derek
AG
No harm in signing him. No risk. Just glad we didn't do it two years ago.
Olsen
AG
Carmelo should retire from the NBA if this is in fact true.
rvk246
AG
If it's not working out I'm glad that we're realizing our mistake and cutting him now instead of later on in the season. Best of luck to him though.
Mr.Bond
AG
3rdGen2015 said:

Mr.Bond said:

Why? Melo was signed to the vet minimum and might be let go before Thanksgiving.

Because he's clearly stated that the melos leaving rumors are inaccurate

3rdGen2015
AG
Ahh ok I see what you're saying. I thought you meant because of Melo's performance. But at the same time, what does the GM have to gain by admitting that a high profile player is going to be cut in the next few days?
Harry Dunne

Carmelo Anthony's teammates don't believe he will return to Rockets

He gone
AG@RICE
AG
Mr.Bond said:

3rdGen2015 said:

Mr.Bond said:

Because he's clearly stated that the melos leaving rumors are inaccurate
Did he actually say that he wasn't getting cut? Here is the quote from the article posted by Harry:

Quote:

"One of the reasons I'm here, besides it's 10 games in, about, is I think there's just a lot of unfair-like rumors and everything going around about him," Morey said before Houston's 115-103 victory over the Indiana Pacers on Sunday. "He's been great with us. As Coach [Mike D'Antoni] said yesterday, his approach has been great. He's accepted every role Coach has given him -- starting, off the bench, whatever it's been.

"We're struggling as a team, and it's my job, it's Coach's job to figure this thing out. But from Guy 1 to Guy 15 -- and I'll put myself in there; a lot of this is on me right now -- we're not playing well. We've just got to figure it out. We're evaluating everything."
He didn't state that he wouldn't be cut, just that the comments about Melo were "unfair". Do you have a different quote?

The quote above basically states that he wasn't causing a problem with his attitude, which is an assumption made by many people. I read Morey's words as though he saying Melo won't get cut because he is a diva; rather, I'm assuming he will get cut because he is everything that Gary Clark is not. Per Pringles about Gary Clark:

Quote:

"Gary Clark's a player," D'Antoni said after the Rockets outscored the Pacers by 16 in Clark's 33 minutes Sunday. "He's a player. Defense, rebounding, right position, shoots the ball. I mean, he's a player."

Harry Dunne
AG@RICE
AG
Lets trade for Kyle Korver. That seems like it should work.
WES2006AG
AG
AG@RICE said:

That is a trade I could get on board with. Hopefully this team turned a corner last night but either way this roster needs help.
Good Poster
AG
WES2006AG said:

AG@RICE said:

That is a trade I could get on board with. Hopefully this team turned a corner last night but either way this roster needs help.

Don't think Kyle Korver, Age 37, is going to address any of the issues the rockets are facing. While a great shooter, he isn't going to bring anything remotely resembling a defensive presence. Would rather have a slightly less accurate shooter that has a stronger defensive presence and less mileage on him.

Also, it's being reported the Sixers are within striking distance on a deal for Korver.

*Edit for typo
rvk246
AG
WES2006AG said:

AG@RICE said:

I disagree. We need guys who can be key contributors in a playoff series. I was thinking Carroll, Bazemore, Ariza, Otto Porter, etc. We need an upgrade at small forward.
First Page Last Page
Page 18 of 258

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.