*****OFFICIAL 2018-2019 Houston Rockets*****

718,554 Views | 9025 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by rvk246
Frok
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rockets have to win one in Oakland. I think tonight would be the the higher chance versus game 7.

CFTXAG10
AG
Frok said:

Rockets have to win one in Oakland. I think tonight would be the the higher chance versus game 7.

Saw last night that if there is a game 7 it will be Sunday at 2:30 pm (central)
mAgnoliAg
AG
Pumped for tonight. Not as much stress as the 2 previous games
BrokeAssAggie
I am pumped but not sure I can stay up.
CreedBratton
Today is D'Antoni's birthday. We won Game 4 on CP3's birthday. The stars are aligning, gentlemen
TexAgs1992
I feel confident in our guys tonight. Time to take a 3-2 lead in this series.
Diggity
AG
I was watching the Raptor's game last night and saw Lin come in. I hadn't thought about him in a while.

Forgot it was actually D'Antoni that rolled the dice on Lin and kept riding him throughout the year in New York. So you could argue he was responsible for selling that package of crap that helped us justify dumping Lowry so Jeremy could be the face of the team. Thankfully, that also gave us room to acquire the sixth man from OKC...who turned out to be pretty good.

I think it's nice that D'Antoni came to Houston to apologize for creating Linsanity. Full circle.
mazag08
AG
Game 1 was blow for blow, neither team playing their best, both teams learning how the other would attack.

Game 2 was lazy and uninspired by the Rockets, and Warriors figured out how to attack us and take advantage.

Game 3 the Rockets caught back up and had one more punch in the end.

Game 4 the Rockets learned how to truly attack the Warriors and get them out of their game, but too many lazy plays off on defense kept the Warriors in the game.

Game 5 the Warriors are going to attack hard. They are going to press the ball up the court, get in driving lanes, and either try to score or dish. I don't imagine a lot of perimeter passing like Game 4 unless we step up our defense. They are going to try to come hot out of the gate and attack early. They are definitely going to try and get Tucker in foul trouble. We absolutely have to keep the defensive focus at all times. No taking plays off. The amount of times they breezed up court for an easy layup in Game 4 is ridiculous and should not happen again. If it does, we will lose this game.
Frok
AG
Draymond will kick Tucker in the nuts tonight.

lil99chris
AG
https://official.nba.com/referee-assignments/

Houston @ Golden State
Ken Mauer (#41) - officiated games 2 & 6 of the 2018 Rockets/Warriors playoff.
Jason Phillips (#23) - officiated game 3 of the 2018 Rockets/Warriors playoff.
Kane Fitzgerald (#5)
Scott Wall (#31)

WES2006AG
AG
Frok said:

Draymond will kick Tucker in the nuts tonight.

I'm with you but I think it will actually be Draymond kicking CP in the face. Nothing will happen to him and he will argue it is just inadvertent like every other time he has kicked someone.
CFTXAG10
AG
I think the the good thing for the Rockets tonight is that the pressure is even on both sides. Rockets cannot afford to lose then be tasked with having to win game 6 at home and game 7 on the road. Warriors sure as heck dont want to lose tonight then have to come to Houston for an elimination game. I just don't see either team coming out flat or uninspired.

This one is going to be a dog fight, and I like our chances in that style of a game.

lil99chris
AG
http://www.espn.com/espn/wire/_/section/nba/id/26073779

Quote:

Kerr got fined $25,000 earlier this month for verbally abusing referee Ken Mauer, and the tirade was at the level where the Warriors' coach obviously knew it would be costing him cash so he decided to get his money's worth. He got ejected, the Warriors lost that night in Portland, but writing that check probably earned him some more points with players who always need to know that their coach has their back.
Kerr actually likes Mauer, and believes he's one of the best refs in the league.
That being said, Kerr also said the coach-ref dynamic is almost always weird.

.....either Kerr is going to be complaining about it being 'too physical' or the Warriors are going to see what they can get away with. I honestly hope the start calling fouls on Durant.

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2019/05/07/golden-state-warriors-steve-kerr-houston-rockets-nba-playoffs/

Quote:

"They've got a lot of middle linebackers on that team," he said. "They are sturdy. We look more like volleyball players long and lean. But we've done this many times before and we've played all kinds of different teams. Everybody tries to be physical with us because they should that's the best way to try to beat us. Houston is very physical."
3rdGen2015
AG
lil99chris said:

http://www.espn.com/espn/wire/_/section/nba/id/26073779

Quote:

Kerr got fined $25,000 earlier this month for verbally abusing referee Ken Mauer, and the tirade was at the level where the Warriors' coach obviously knew it would be costing him cash so he decided to get his money's worth. He got ejected, the Warriors lost that night in Portland, but writing that check probably earned him some more points with players who always need to know that their coach has their back.
Kerr actually likes Mauer, and believes he's one of the best refs in the league.
That being said, Kerr also said the coach-ref dynamic is almost always weird.

.....either Kerr is going to be complaining about it being 'too physical' or the Warriors are going to see what they can get away with. I honestly hope the start calling fouls on Durant.

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2019/05/07/golden-state-warriors-steve-kerr-houston-rockets-nba-playoffs/

Quote:

"They've got a lot of middle linebackers on that team," he said. "They are sturdy. We look more like volleyball players long and lean. But we've done this many times before and we've played all kinds of different teams. Everybody tries to be physical with us because they should that's the best way to try to beat us. Houston is very physical."

I still just can't believe the Warriors organization had the gall to say that they never EVER complain about officiating after Game 1
CFTXAG10
AG
This is something that I hope stays consistent throughout the night. Either call it tight or let em play, but be consistent and call the obvious fouls/infractions.

Game 4 drove me crazy when they all of a sudden started letting the Warriors back in it when we were up 17. There were probably 4 ticky tack touch fouls called back to back that put them in the bonus.
Farmer1906
AG
Yup. I commented to some friends about it. It felt like they wanted to get the Warriors back into it. Then after that KD got super hot.
AgDoc03
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

This is something that I hope stays consistent throughout the night. Either call it tight or let em play, but be consistent and call the obvious fouls/infractions.

Game 4 drove me crazy when they all of a sudden started letting the Warriors back in it when we were up 17. There were probably 4 ticky tack touch fouls called back to back that put them in the bonus.

Yep it was 3 fouls in about 5 secs in a single possession. Complete nonsense
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
lil99chris
AG
Fouls in 3rd Quarter

Hou - 9 (6 fouls in a row committed by Houston from 9:46 to 5:37)
GS - 4

BTW, I was at game 4.......was there seriously a foul by Eric Gordon on the Kevin Looney missed FT with 27.1 seconds remaining in the 2nd quarter? Looney made 3 of 4.
Diggity
AG
No. That was a BS call. Coach was pissed.
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
T minus 7 hours till loft off
mazag08
AG
Remember when Chris Paul got called for a foul while blocking out and not even moving his feet while Draymond was going over his back?

That one foul could have potentially cost us Game 3 since it was so late in the game and led to GS free throws.
CFTXAG10
AG
Ackerman going in dry

WES2006AG
AG
Craig Ackerman is the absolute best. I look forward to him getting the TV play-by-play job full time in the near future.
AG@RICE
AG
Been watching the rockets on TV since the early 90s. Love Bill Worell, but the time has come for Ackerman to take his place. He has definitely earned it.
PascalsWager
AG
When does the avalanche "return to the mean" game happen for Steph and Klay? I'd rather them shoot 80% from 3 on one game than 45% from 3 for three games. This might be a avalanche game for the Warriors. Either way this looks like a crash course to game 7 slugfest. Probably going to be on every best series ever list. Might be the greatest conference semi final series ever.
CFTXAG10
AG
PascalsWager said:

When does the avalanche "return to the mean" game happen for Steph and Klay? I'd rather them shoot 80% from 3 on one game than 45% from 3 for three games. This might be a avalanche game for the Warriors. Either way this looks like a crash course to game 7 slugfest. Probably going to be on every best series ever list. Might be the greatest conference semi final series ever.
The interesting thing is that if these guys are shooting more and hitting all it does is take the ball away from Durant. I heard Stephen A. saying Klay wasn't happy in GS because of the "crumbs" left behind for him by KD and Steph. Even if he gets more involved thats fewer possessions for their best 2 players. KD has been far and away their best player in the playoffs, so by all means please take the ball out of his hands more.
mAgnoliAg
AG
I'll take heavily contested Steph and Klay 3s all night long over Durant post up turnaround jays or drives getting every foul call and constantly finishing
TXAG14
9:30 games.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Chances are extremely slim I'll make it to the end of this one.
canadiaggie
AG
9:30 compounded by the ass whipping the Bucks are giving the Celtics
bearkatag15
AG
gougler08
AG
bearkatag15 said:

I just assumed he's been inactive this whole series
Dan Scott
AG
What's happened with Faried?
Frok
AG
Maybe pissed he hasn't been getting minutes?
Dan Scott
AG
Kyrie Irving ain't going back to Boston
First Page Last Page
Page 180 of 258

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.