*****OFFICIAL 2018-2019 Houston Rockets*****

718,417 Views | 9025 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by rvk246
Harry Dunne
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Pretty solid defense by Harden on Durant in crunch time. We deserved to win this game.
CFTXAG10
AG
MosesHallRAB04 said:

MDA need to eat the fine at the press conference

He has a clause in his contract we learned early in the season that the Rockers cover a certain amount of his fines. I'd go scorched earth. We didn't play our best but if you call half of those fouls we win.
lil99chris
AG
....would love to see the excuse the NBA provides for that no longer being called a foul. Curry would intentionally jump into defenders to get it called.
3rdGen2015
AG
One of our shooters will get hurt in this series if the refs don't get their **** together. MDA needs to raise some stink about this *****
Hickory High
AG
If we don't get those two technical fouls, the game is completely different.
Pendragon12
AG
I'm coming in peace as I'm not a rockets fan, so I'm asking because I don't watch yalls games much, but I'm rooting for y'all against GSW..

Why not much effort to fight over screens at the end there? Is the scheme to switch no matter what even though clearly GS wanted Nene on curry?

Edit - shocked so many undercut the shooter calls weren't made against GSW. Been there, done that. Sorry y'all - hope y'all get them next game.
Farmer1906
AG
Harry Dunne said:

Pretty solid defense by Harden on Durant in crunch time. We deserved to win this game.

No we didn't. Offensively, we played average at best. Capela was a compete zero. Tucker was a literal zero. Just did just enough to keep it close.
Hickory High
AG
Yes, that's how it has been for basically 5 years every game, no matter what.
k20dub
AG
For how we played and how the fouls were called, it shouldn't have even be close. But that's also on Harden cuz he should've known they weren't going to call that foul. They didn't call it all game, they aren't going to call it with 10 seconds left. Ugh
Hickory High
AG
Harry Dunne said:

We definitely didn't.
WES2006AG
AG
Pendragon12 said:

I'm coming in peace as I'm not a rockets fan, so I'm asking because I don't watch yalls games much, but I'm rooting for y'all against GSW..

Why not much effort to fight over screens at the end there? Is the scheme to switch no matter what even though clearly GS wanted Nene on curry?

Edit - shocked so many undercut the shooter calls weren't made against GSW. Been there, done that. Sorry y'all - hope y'all get them next game.

We switch EVERYTHING. It's the strategy. Sometimes it kills us like with Nen.
CFTXAG10
AG
Pendragon12 said:

I don't think we expected to have to play Nene so much but Capela had a terrible game. The Warriors did a good job of exploiting matchups
Harry Dunne
Farmer1906 said:

Harry Dunne said:

No we didn't. Offensively, we played average at best. Capela was a compete zero. Tucker was a literal zero. Just did just enough to keep it close.
I completely disagree but don't have energy to argue with you about it.
CFTXAG10
AG
AgDoc03
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Then why didn't they call it in 2nd half if they "missed it"
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
HossAg
AG
**** those refs and **** Klay Thompson.
CFTXAG10
AG
Heres the clip:

lil99chris
AG
That is a piss poor excuse by the officials if true. There were plenty of opportunities to make the right call in the 2nd half.

BTW, Chris Paul was hit with his 1st tech at the end of the 3rd quarter on a play where the GS defender did the same thing the officials "missed" in the 1st half. That is a strange way to acknowledge a mistake.
PoppaB05
AG
Here's the biggest problem I have, the Warriors do this. They are dirty. They did it to Kawhi very famously. They did it to Paul and Harden. They do it specifically to Superstars and are ok with whatever happens. For the league to continually allow this to happen is unacceptable.
CFTXAG10
AG
Wow. I have never seen this type of support from folks around the league for the Rockets. Gonna be hella interesting to see how they call game 2 after all the **** they are catching.

dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
CFTXAG10
AG
Harden okay with taking the fine for the team:

Scientific
AG
I'm more upset with what Klay pulled off there at the end. Paul had every right to get upset. Lost by 4. I think these guys will be motivated next game to not let this stuff slide.
CFTXAG10
AG
Absolutely. Two of those in the first half by Klay gave me Zaza flashbacks. James goes up and Play slides under. I know he is trying to alter the shot and make James uncomfortable, but that is a big reason why the league changed the rules. Way too easy to injure guys that way.
lil99chris
AG
Two things you are going to see in the Bay Area.....crap on the sidewalks and crappy officiating.

...bet the Warriors will be defending 3s the way Iguodala does in Game 2. NBA probably already warned the Steve Kerr.
CFTXAG10
AG
I brought this up watching live but had to quickly dismiss it because the game carried on, but does anyone else feel like that Harden OOB call should have been reviewed? The quick replay by ABC made it look like his heel was elevated and not on the line. Should have been reviewable under 2 minutes.
jakelew04
AG
Yes, I saw the same thing.

There Paul no call was the worst for me. They had already admitted they missed them in the first half. Then Paul is fouled on the arm and body/no landing spot.

Then two techs. James was fouled on another 3 in the arm and no call. The only one they did call was one of several calls with a 2 second delay. Total bull*****
Scientific
AG
I think wouldve been hard to overturn. His heel did look raised, but that quick replay wasnt conclusive at that angle.
Grapesoda2525
Mavs fan here.....

I hate the warriors and I'm sick of their BS. I'm hoping and praying that the KD to knicks rumors are true. The league has been very boring the last 4 or 5 years. Hardly any parity. Easy to predict who will be in the finals and who will win it.

The warriors always seem to get all the breaks. I remember one year when they won a championship, every single team they went thru had major injuries. For the most part, the warriors are always healthy. The officials usually give them the calls.

I'm hoping you guys can beat them. My thinking the last few years has been "anyone but GS" and I've been disappointed each and every time except for the year Lebron and Cleveland won.
Boiling Denim
Capela is such a bumbling, uncoordinated scrub

This guy wants Golden State? Please he doesn't even belong on the same court with them

Yeah yeah the refs suck too and cost us the game but so does Capela and at least that's something we can control
AgDoc03
AG
Boiling Denim said:

Capela is such a bumbling, uncoordinated scrub

This guy wants Golden State? Please he doesn't even belong on the same court with them

Yeah yeah the refs suck too and cost us the game but so does Capela and at least that's something we can control

Yeah I forgot about his comments before the series started. Don't talk the talk if you're not going to walk the walk
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Gigemags382
AG
I know it's said frequently about NBA reffing (and reffing in general), but anyone who thinks there isn't "money under the table" in the NBA has their heads in the sand. I have it in quotes because I'm not going to claim that those specific refs on the court were directly paid off for this specific game (though I do not put that out of the question). But the NBA is the 2nd most corrupt major sports organization in the world behind FIFA.

People will claim all day long that there's studies on thousands upon thousands of calls by NBA refs and it hasn't shown intentional misconduct. I don't care. Sometimes data doesn't show what the eyes can see. The fix is in for NBA games. It's so blatant that to deny it is pure ignorance.

They'll come out and call a couple 3 point fouls on the Warriors next game and all will be called forgiven.

Ags #1
AG
The Donahue article on espn a month back was very telling. A lot or refs were in on that stuff
CFTXAG10
AG
Some thoughts unrelated to the officiating....

1) Tucker has to stay out of foul trouble and be on Durant as much as possible
2) 14/47 from 3 isn't going to cut it. Tucker, House, and Gordon are going to have to hit these wide open shots they are getting when the attention is focused on CP3 and Harden
3) Capela has to make himself useful. If you aren't getting the lobs you need to be rebounding and getting your team extra possessions or put-backs. That means being more aggressive, and not letting Andrew freaking Bogut flex on you.
4) I love Gerald Green, and maybe Dantoni plays him and he snaps out of it, but he is unplayable at this point. His defense isn't there and he is a liability if he isn't hitting 3's to make up for it.
5) I really hope Rivers is ready to go on Tuesday so he can take back minutes from Shump and Green.
6) Rebound the basketball. Plain and simple. You have to want it more. Losing that battle by 12 today hurt.
rvk246
AG
I'd honestly rather play Shump than Green
First Page Last Page
Page 141 of 258

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.