*****OFFICIAL 2018-2019 Houston Rockets*****

715,642 Views | 9025 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by rvk246
Ags #1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lol that was a Cheap shot he tried to make look like a hustle play
Texaggie7nine
Is my only hope of sports joy now the friggin Texans??
7nine
Hickory High
AG
Ags #1 said:

Lol that was a Cheap shot he tried to make look like a hustle play

Don't care one bit.
ElCheAg
AG
For as much as their offense stinks, I sure miss their defense and Jeff Bzdelik.
CFTXAG10
AG
I'm not pressing the panic button just yet. Still not convinced that this team is worse off with Ariza, Luc, and Bzdelik gone. Especially when you bring in Melo, Ennis, and Chriss in the offseason.

The story everybody seems to ignore is that we have only played two games with Harden, Paul, and Capela together on the same floor. Last year that was the stat everybody loved to cling to. When they start we win. We need these guys to get healthy and be available, and I trust Dantoni/Morey will figure out the rest. Did I mention we are only 6 games into an 82 game season?
Hickory High
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

I'm not pressing the panic button just yet. Still not convinced that this team is worse off with Ariza, Luc, and Bzdelik gone. Especially when you bring in Melo, Ennis, and Chriss in the offseason.
I'm sorry but you're just dead, dead wrong here. It is extremely clear to me at this point. Melo is washed up, Ennis is meh, and Chriss has a basketball IQ so low that he's unplayable.
CFTXAG10
AG
Hickory High said:

CFTXAG10 said:

I'm sorry but you're just dead, dead wrong here. It is extremely clear to me at this point. Melo is washed up, Ennis is meh, and Chriss has a basketball IQ so low that he's unplayable.
And you are certainly entitled to that opinion. Chriss played for the first time last night and only got 8 minutes of action, they are going to have to ease him in. Today is also an interesting day for him due to the team option for next year that has to be decided by the end of the day. Both he and Knight are eligible to be traded:

In regards to Ennis, for me the jury is still out, I think over time he will seamlessly fill the role Ariza had, but he has to stay healthy and get used to Dantoni's system. He's played 3/6 games (missed the last 3) with the Rockets and only two of those had Paul/Harden on the floor. Not a big enough sample size.

Melo is what he is, some nights he can light it up but other nights you might want to look away. He looked pretty good against the Jazz and Clippers but last night was brutal (for everybody). I still want to see how he fits in when the big 3 are healthy.
WES2006AG
AG
I am now convinced that every move we made last offseason made this team worse. Not one move looks to have improved the team and that should be very concerning.

I have faith that Morey is working the phones as we speak trying to improve the roster but the team as it is built right now has no chance of representing the West in the NBA Finals.
CFTXAG10
AG
I was curious about my recent disappointment with Gordon's shooting and my goodness....

Last 3 games:
12/53 FG - 22%
4/26 3P - 15%
Gap
AG
We are off to a little slower start than last year.

Rockets 5th loss:

2018-19 Rockets: Oct 30, game 6, 1-5
2017-18 Rockets: Dec 20, game 30, 25-5
k20dub
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

The story everybody seems to ignore is that we have only played two games with Harden, Paul, and Capela together on the same floor. Last year that was the stat everybody loved to cling to. When they start we win. We need these guys to get healthy and be available, and I trust Dantoni/Morey will figure out the rest. Did I mention we are only 6 games into an 82 game season?
This. It's been a weird start with our main guys not playing together and Gordon struggling shooting. We'll get back on track soon enough.
Texaggie7nine
It's just depressing when we have 2 all stars on the floor and we can't even compete on the court with teams like Portland.
lil99chris
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

It's just depressing when we have 2 all stars on the floor and we can't even compete on the court with teams like Portland.

2018 All Stars? There were none on the court for the Rockets last night.
3rdGen2015
AG
Good Poster
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

Portland is a good team.
Beat40
3rdGen2015 said:

What did Tom expect? He's unwilling to play ball on any trade options for Butler.

Even though Butler is being a baby about things, Tom is also being a baby by being so stubborn.

I will also say this - I never wanted the Rockets to go after Melo. Now that we have him and we let Ariza & Luc walk, I would almost galdly have given up Gordon in a trade for Butler.
lil99chris
AG
Quote:

I will also say this - I never wanted the Rockets to go after Melo. Now that we have him and we let Ariza & Luc walk, I would almost galdly have given up Gordon in a trade for Butler.

There was no way the Rockets were going to pay Trever Ariza $15 million for 1 year. Luc Mbah a Moute signed with the LA Clippers for one year, $4.3 million. After Mbah a Moute's performance in the playoffs, I don't believe any Rockets fans wanted him around (even though he was a solid player prior to the injury).

In regards to Melo, I have yet to find a person that wanted him on the team.
AG@RICE
AG
I would have brought Luc back.

His poor play in the playoffs was due to rushing him back from a shoulder injury.
Farmer1906
AG
AG@RICE said:

His poor play in the playoffs was due to rushing him back from a shoulder injury.

Well, he's playing worse than he was last year (lower eff) in fewer min and he's hurt again.
Hickory High
AG
Farmer1906 said:

AG@RICE said:

Well, he's playing worse than he was last year (lower eff) in fewer min and he's hurt again.
Bingo. Every other team in the league passed on him as well. Clearly no one trusted his health. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem he'll ever be the same player again after that last shoulder injury. I don't fault Morey for not bringing him back.
Hickory High
AG
As a basketball fan, watching things like Derrick Rose's game last night and Klay Thompson's game the other night is awesome.

As a Rockets fan, it just makes things look even more bleak for us. The West is too good for us to be able to afford to play like we have. If we are still playing this poorly halfway through November, surely Morey knows he has to make moves, right?
3rdGen2015
AG
Hickory High said:

As a basketball fan, watching things like Derrick Rose's game last night and Klay Thompson's game the other night is awesome.

As a Rockets fan, it just makes things look even more bleak for us. The West is too good for us to be able to afford to play like we have. If we are still playing this poorly halfway through November, surely Morey knows he has to make moves, right?
The DRose game should show the TWolves that Jimmy Butler clearly isn't as good and they should lower the asking price for him.
lil99chris
AG
Pretty impressive game by Derrick Rose. Last time he scored over 30 points was December 18, 2015 (34 against Detroit Pistons). You have to go back to 2011 for the last time Rose scored over 40.
CFTXAG10
AG
And I started D-Rose in all my FD lineups last night, wins all around....

Edit: In all seriousness though, it was really cool to see him tear up and get emotional walking off the court. That article talking about what he went through to get back, and how most guys would have retired, was pretty moving
Good Poster
AG
As a casual Rockets fan, I will put my worry level at a 4. Not going to overreact only a few games into the season but a few thoughts I have thus far:

Harden and Paul have both missed games, the two best players on the team. Having them both available including Capela makes the Rockets more talented than almost anyone in the league with the exception of GS.

Nene out has had a small but noticeable effect on those bench units. This guy Hartenstein (sp?) is total garbage.

Gordon is in a slump, but I'm not concerned because this is who he has been his whole career. One of the all time streaks scorers. He's been in a funk but I assume he will have his games where he can score in chunks

No LMM and Ariza hurts no question, but I wouldn't hastily make a trade unless Morey feels it is fair and will help the team. I'm giving him some time to work some magic.

Carmelo is Carmelo. A lot of people on this board were begging for Morey to trade for him last season and now that he's been here for 6 games people already want him cut. Because of injuries and wrinkles in the rotation he hasn't been playing the role he was signed to play which is scoring off the bench. He's had to try and fill in for Gordon and Harden's lack of production from shooting slumps and injuries. Let's evaluate him in a few weeks when the roster is healthier.

Let's all relax on the trade for Butler with 4 first rounders talk. Keep in mind GS got better this offseason and you would cripple the franchise in future years. Plus Thibs ain't trading for future 1's when he's on the hot seat. A third team is gonna have to get involved.
Harry Dunne
lil99chris said:

In regards to Melo, I have yet to find a person that wanted him on the team.

I wanted Melo.

I'd like to take him back but I think his factory warranty expired about five years ago.
3rdGen2015
AG
Some good news at least:

Farmer1906
AG
I wasn't sold as Melo being some sure thing, but I was willing to take the risk to find out. He's cheap and easy to get rid of if it doesn't work. Low risk, high reward. 100% fine with the signing.
Hickory High
AG
Farmer1906 said:

I wasn't sold as Melo being some sure thing, but I was willing to take the risk to find out. He's cheap and easy to get rid of if it doesn't work. Low risk, high reward. 100% fine with the signing.
This. I don't think anyone here was "begging for Melo" as MoneyAg seems to think. This reasoning is more like it.
Texaggie7nine
I think the reason most of us wanted Melo was because of how often our offense would seem to fall stale in big games, especially in the playoffs. It would seem that having another high power offensive player in there would help make up for the lack of scoring in those situations.
7nine
k20dub
AG
Agree with above. Way too early to judge Melo. Like the poster above said, he's playing more right now than what we signed him for. Give it time.
mAgnoliAg
AG
Melo scores 50 tomorrow night. Book it
Harry Dunne
k20dub said:

Agree with above. Way too early to judge Melo. Like the poster above said, he's playing more right now than what we signed him for. Give it time.
Melo is an over the hill volume scorer, overrated by nostalgia. It's not too early to judge him - he has been in a steady decline for 5 years.

His whole thing was that he needed to play more again to be more effective and now that he's getting his wish he looks even worse.

He's not the problem though. The problem is we don't have any better options.
Hickory High
AG
mAgnoliAg said:

Melo scores 50 tomorrow night. Book it
Sure, shooting 60 for 100
WES2006AG
AG
The Nets aren't very good so maybe we can hit some shots and stop the losing tonight. Always a long shot when James isn't playing but it seems doable.
First Page Last Page
Page 13 of 258

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.