*****OFFICIAL 2018-2019 Houston Rockets*****

715,546 Views | 9025 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by rvk246
Texaggie7nine
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Are the Texans better than the Rockets??
7nine
3rdGen2015
AG
Just at a loss for words so far this season. Maybe Jeff Bzdelik is just the greatest defensive coach of all time. That or the Texans stole the Rockets mojo, not sure which.
AG@RICE
AG
Without Harden + CP3 + Capela, we don't actually have the horses to win against most teams.

The supporting cast is just weak and/or inexperienced this year. Looking at last year, they were at their best when surrounding Harden + CP3 with elite defenders. There is a big drop off between Luc + Ariza and what we have now. I'm not saying that we needed to keep those two players, but their replacements are far inferior at the moment.
ATM9000
AG
They came into the season probably 2 moves away still from being as good as they were last season and that's where they are still. The whole season hinges on if/when they deal Knight, Chriss, or Gordon or a combo of those guys for an upgrade at wing. Ariza was a big loss and I was a bit shocked how into the over people were on their win total this offseason.
mAgnoliAg
AG
I completely disagree with y'all blaming this on personnel. 2 moves away in the off-season from being as good as last year? Give me a break.
Hickory High
AG
I always feel like this is simplistic when people say it, but it really does feel like they're not playing as if they don't have to try that hard to win.
ATM9000
AG
mAgnoliAg said:

I completely disagree with y'all blaming this on personnel. 2 moves away in the off-season from being as good as last year? Give me a break.

Like it or not, losing Ariza was a big deal and this bord is littered with people complaining about Carmelo. The Rockets have some problems in their talent right now.
AG@RICE
AG
mAgnoliAg said:

What do you think the issue is?
mazag08
AG
Hickory High said:

I always feel like this is simplistic when people say it, but it really does feel like they're not playing as if they don't have to try that hard to win.

Actually agree with you. Lazy basketball is the norm for us.
Hickory High
AG
mazag08 said:

Hickory High said:

Actually agree with you. Lazy basketball is the norm for us.
Thing is that it worked last year. It's part of the system. Play slow (or lazy, if you will) but win with talent. It helps sustain winning over the course of a season. Thing is that the talent just isn't there anymore.
WES2006AG
AG
Rockets get another chance to end the losing tonight against the 4-2 Blazers. It is unlikely that we figure it out tonight with James still hurt but we are going to need to stop losing at some point in time.
Faustus
I will go on record as saying it will happen at some point in time, possibly tonight.
WES2006AG
AG
I just realized my tickets for tonight never sold. I know it is late notice but if anybody wants a pair in 433 tonight they are welcome to them. I can transfer on Flash Seats.
Dan Scott
AG
Our shooting
WES2006AG
AG
15 point 1st quarter
Good Poster
AG
MCW is so hard to watch
The D
AG
19% shooting
WES2006AG
AG
Money Ag said:

MCW is so hard to watch

He is awful. Still have no idea why we signed that guy.
rvk246
AG
He doesn't even belong on an NBA roster and yet he's getting minutes on a team that could've won the title last year. What was morey thinking?
Good Poster
AG
36 points in the half is... not good
Dan Scott
AG
WTF is going on
mwm
Second half blowout is underway.
WES2006AG
AG
This is embarrassing
Ags #1
AG
This team will be lucky to host a first round playoff game. We are looking at a 6-8 seed most likely
Harry Dunne
Win or lose this team is brutal to watch. Sloppy and slow. Carmelo is useless.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Ags #1 said:

This team will be lucky to host a first round playoff game. We are looking at a 6-8 seed most likely

I'll bet that we end up a top 5 seed. Not with a ton of confidence though b
Ags #1
AG
If they don't make any roster changes I just don't see it right now . Maybe it clicks but sure doesn't feel like
It will anytime soon
WES2006AG
AG
How did our offense get so bad so quickly? I know James isn't playing tonight but it has been all season. We look lost right now. Go get Butler.
CFTXAG10
AG
Gordon is just having an abysmal start to the season. Maybe all the trade talk got to his head. Thanks for the 4/18 shooting tonight. Way to step up in Harden's absence.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Probably 8 of those misses were within 3 feet of the basket.
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
Ags #1 said:

Calling it now. We end up at 5.
3rdGen2015
AG
I'm officially worried if no roster moves are made, even though I fully expect Morey to make a move. The shots will start falling eventually....right?
Hickory High
AG
Time to cut Melo
Hickory High
AG
I miss this man so much.

Aggie09Derek
AG
Pretty dirty IMO
First Page Last Page
Page 12 of 258

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.