CP3 to Houston

3,224 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AgPediRPh
Saint Pablo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Rockets traded LouWill, Patrick Beverly, and Sam Dekker for Chris Paul
True Anomaly
AG
I just can't help but laugh out loud at DeAndre Jordan being suckered by CP3 to stay in LA
Saint Pablo
Hadn't even thought about that. Serves him right for doing Dallas like that
Bunk Moreland
True Anomaly said:

I just can't help but laugh out loud at DeAndre Jordan being suckered by CP3 to stay in LA

Yeah the internet is loving that.

True Anomaly
AG
Parsons's last redeeming quality is his Twitter game

PatAg
AG
How does this make sense for Houston?
HossAg
AG
We move Harden back to his natural spot and ball out
Aggie95
AG
Latest name thrown around is Paul Milsaps. That would make a legit big 3!! Make it happen!
PatAg
AG
Seemed like Harden has the most success being ball dominant...which is Paul's thing too
HossAg
AG
I think they'll end up switching on and off the ball
flashplayer
AG
Biggest advantage for Houston is they can stagger their minutes to where one of the 2 is always on the floor. They won't lose their offensive edge / style when Harden sits. They can also rest both guys to keep fresh.

Big get for Houston to me.
Iowaggie
AG
Apparently, Austin Rivers was a big issue for CP3 in Clipperland.

Paul's relationship with Doc Rivers started to deteriorate rapidly after the Clippers acquired Austin Rivers.

But what really solidified Paul's dissatisfaction with Doc was a proposed trade involving Carmelo Anthony last season. New York offered Carmelo and Sasha Vujacic to the Clippers in exchange for Jamal Crawford, Paul Pierce and Austin Rivers, a deal to which Rivers ultimately said no. That event led Paul to feel that keeping his son on the roster was more important to Doc than improving the team. So, ultimately, Paul lost both trust and faith in Doc. As one league executive put it, "Chris despises Doc."
JW
AG
Still can't beat GS
Unemployed
AG
JW said:

Still can't beat GS
At least it closes the gap and gives the Rockets a fighting chance to battle it out with the Spurs and Warriors. Who knows what would happen then.

Status quo wouldn't even have gotten the Rockets pass the Spurs.
Texags is garbage
As a Rockets fan, I'm glad Morey is giving it his best shot to at least try to compete. In this day and age, don't think tanking and stockpiling draft picks is the way to go. It's not likely we can take them down, but love knowing we're at least attempting to make a run at them. Can't help but admire how proactive Mr. Morey is.
AgPediRPh
AG
JW said:

Still can't beat GS Popovich
D'Antoni is still coach
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.