******OFFICIAL EASTER CONFERENCE FINALS THREAD*****

3,851 Views | 52 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Gigemags382
Olsen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I didn't know the conference finals are in Easter.
LawHall88
AG
Celtics hanging around. May have been a bit too easy for the Cavs early and they let up a bit.
TXAG14
What a roll!
Olsen
AG
Celtics beat the Cavs and broke their postseason winning streak by 3 points in 0.01 seconds left?!
Ganondorf
CactusThomas
Bonfired
AG
Unbelievable. Cleveland fell asleep, and Boston took advantage. Didn't see this coming at all. I wasn't expecting another 44 point asskicking, but I gave Boston zero chance of winning a game.
Bunk Moreland
That's what Cleveland gets for playing an ECF on complete cruise control. Rotating deep bench players in throughout the first half when up by 5 or 7.

They almost escaped and lucked out, but that was poor strategy. Had your foot on their throat and let up.

Now the Warriors will likely get 2 or 3 days extra rest and one less game to play.
Gigemags382
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

That's what Cleveland gets for playing an ECF on complete cruise control. Rotating deep bench players in throughout the first half when up by 5 or 7.

They almost escaped and lucked out, but that was poor strategy. Had your foot on their throat and let up.

Now the Warriors will likely get 2 or 3 days extra rest and one less game to play.

This.

Up by 21 in the first half and 16 at halftime at home against a team that you just beat by 44 and 13 on the road, and they just lost their best player to injury. To lose that game is inconceivable. I'd be hard pressed to find a more in inexcusable performance by a team (player) in recent memory.

I really believe that if the Cavs had any chance of beating the Warriors in a series, they just lost it with the 3 less days of rest they're going to have (at a minimum). Add to it that the Warriors' series vs. the Spurs started well before the Cavs' series, and they are going to have an extraordinary amount of extra rest. Assuming the Warriors win tonight, they will only play 2 games between May 17th and May 27th/28th (the likely start of the Finals if the Cavs close out in game 5). The Cavs will play 5 games in that span.

It's also absurd that the Warriors played 2 games in the conference finals before the Cavs even played 1, but that's a whole other issue.
WES2006AG
AG
GiGeMaGs11 said:

Bunk Moreland said:

This.

Up by 21 in the first half and 16 at halftime at home against a team that you just beat by 44 and 13 on the road, and they just lost their best player to injury. To lose that game is inconceivable. I'd be hard pressed to find a more in inexcusable performance by a team (player) in recent memory.

I really believe that if the Cavs had any chance of beating the Warriors in a series, they just lost it with the 3 less days of rest they're going to have (at a minimum). Add to it that the Warriors' series vs. the Spurs started well before the Cavs' series, and they are going to have an extraordinary amount of extra rest. Assuming the Warriors win tonight, they will only play 2 games between May 17th and May 27th/28th (the likely start of the Finals if the Cavs close out in game 5). The Cavs will play 5 games in that span.

It's also absurd that the Warriors played 2 games in the conference finals before the Cavs even played 1, but that's a whole other issue.
The Finals are scheduled to start June 1st no matter what happens in these series.
Iowaggie
AG
^^^This^^^

The Cavs should wrap this up May 25th, the Warriors today (5/22).
Both will be blowouts with stars able to rest for much of the 2nd half.

The Finals start June 1st.

If the Cavs win Game 1, people will say it was the 9 days of rest was too much for GSW.
If the Warriors win Game 1, people will say it was the 3 extra days of rest.

At some point, the extra rest doesn't make any difference (assuming no injuries involved).

The Cavs should be fine on that amount of rest, even with the travel.
CFTXAG10
AG
Pretty much nailed it. Like others mentioned too the Cavs were in cruise control and not over-exerting themselves last night. I mean Lebron had 11 points and it still took the Celtics a buzzer beating miracle roll 3 to win. Cavs will stomp the daylights out of them in game four and win again convincingly in game five.

Edit to add: Line for game 4 opened at Cavs -15 and is currently sitting at Cavs -14.5
Gigemags382
AG
WES2006AG said:

GiGeMaGs11 said:

Bunk Moreland said:

This.

The Finals are scheduled to start June 1st no matter what happens in these series.

I stand corrected. I was thinking things got moved up if all series finished early.

In that case, this all matters very little.
Deputy Travis Junior
Pumpkinhead said:

Not only are the Warriors just as talented as Cleveland, but they are not intimidated by them like every team in the East is. LeBron has the entire East cowed.

Did you miss the last finals when LeBron crushed their collective spirit?
Pumpkinhead
AG
Deputy Travis Junior said:

Pumpkinhead said:

Not only are the Warriors just as talented as Cleveland, but they are not intimidated by them like every team in the East is. LeBron has the entire East cowed.

Did you miss the last finals when LeBron crushed their collective spirit?

Crushed their spirit? Skeptical that The Warriors who are going to their third straight Finals and won 140 out of 164 possible regular season games the past 2 years, are sitting around tonight intimidated by LeBron and feeling like they probably won't be able to beat the Cavs in a 7 game series...like all the East teams.

I think it much more likely that they have WANTED to face the Cavs in the Finals since the season began...to try to get payback for last year's Finals.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Iowaggie said:

^^^This^^^

The Cavs should wrap this up May 25th, the Warriors today (5/22).
Both will be blowouts with stars able to rest for much of the 2nd half.

The Finals start June 1st.

If the Cavs win Game 1, people will say it was the 9 days of rest was too much for GSW.
If the Warriors win Game 1, people will say it was the 3 extra days of rest.

At some point, the extra rest doesn't make any difference (assuming no injuries involved).

The Cavs should be fine on that amount of rest, even with the travel.

I think it only comes back to really bite them losing that Game 3 if in that Game 5 in Boston somebody gets an injury. then they will look back and really kick themselves for not closing the series out in 4 like they should have.
Bunk Moreland
Cavs currently down 10 almost at halftime.

Im sure they'll come back and win but it's pretty funny what happens when you take your foot off the gas too soon. All the sudden Boston is playing inspired and they now have to work to find their rhythm again.
Cedar09
The king had 4 fouls before the half, the league and refs will not let him foul out.
Gigemags382
AG
Cavs scored 43 points in the 1st quarter haha. 43-27
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.