******OFFICIAL EASTER CONFERENCE FINALS THREAD*****

3,860 Views | 52 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Gigemags382
tandy miller
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Game 1 Tonight... 7:30 p.m. in Boston. Coverage on TNT

Who ya got?
Iowaggie
AG
Cavs, but I believe a major player for them will get injured before the Warriors series.

Possibly after getting trapped under one of these:

tandy miller
AG
Dammit
CFTXAG10
AG
Cleveland is a current 4.5 point favorite on the road which I think sounds about right.

Game is close until the 4th quarter when Cavs pull away 114-106
Guitarsoup
AG
Boston is going to be so good next year when they sign Gordon Hayward and the #1 overall pick in the draft.
mAgnoliAg
AG
I dont think Marcus Smart on Kevin Love is working. Y'all might wanna do something about that
CFTXAG10
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Cleveland is a current 4.5 point favorite on the road which I think sounds about right.

Game is close until the 4th quarter when Cavs pull away 114-106
Ulrich
I haven't turned on the game yet to see how it's going, but I'm assuming that Cleveland is going to murder Boston 4 times, MAYBE with one close game that could end up making it a 5 game series.

If Cleveland is losing I will, of course, edit this post.
Bunk Moreland
The LeBrons are just too good.

But the Celtics are really close. They need a couple more pieces, but the most important thing is is they might have the next Popovich already.
Ulrich
They need the number one pick to pan out. They have an excellent coach and lots of good pieces, but not the raw talent to be a real contender.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Golden State vs. Cavs (Round 3) is certainly aligning to be a potentially epic series.

And what is crazy is that it is not totally far-fetched that both those teams will be undefeated in the playoffs (each 12-0, 24-0 combined) when they finally meet up.

Though I do think one of them will drop at least a game. I'm still thinking IF Leonard comes back and IF is reasonably healthy...that the Spurs might be able to get one game.

But if Leonard is hobbled for at least one more week, I'm starting to really like the chances of the Warriors and Cavs both sweeping their way to the Finals.

Aggie1205
AG
Might as well skip to finals.
Bunk Moreland
Cleveland - GS part 3 is a foregone conclusion.

And for the first time out of the 3....Cleveland might be who I expect to win it (not who the Vegas favorite will be).

They are playing such crisp basketball right now, it's incredible. I know the east is weaker, but the Cavs are selling out on D in the playoffs.
Bunk Moreland
Also, LeBron will become the all time career playoff points scorer in the next 4-6 games.

I know he benefits a bit from some extra games in earlier rounds, but he's going to put a number out that might never he touched when his career is done.
CactusThomas
AG
Celtics are a young team with a bright future and good management. They are in a great position to upgrade the team over the off-season. Need to be wise with the Nets picks this year and next.

Celtics are playing chess.
Cavs are playing checkers.
Every other Eastern team is playing ESL scrabble.
CasualObserver44
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

And for the first time out of the 3....Cleveland might be who I expect to win it (not who the Vegas favorite will be).

They are playing such crisp basketball right now, it's incredible. I know the east is weaker, but the Cavs are selling out on D in the playoffs.
The East isn't nearly as weak this year as it was from about 2012-2015. I think beating the 42-40 Pacers and 51-31 Raptors is just as impressive as beating the 41-41 Trailblazers and 51-31 Jazz. The Pacers went 1-1 against both the Jazz and Blazers, and Toronto beat both 2-0 during the regular season. The East doesn't have as many top level teams as the West, but quite frankly the Spurs aren't really a top level team with Tony Parker and Kawhi Leonard out. The Warriors are a great team, but their run to the Finals is an absolute cakewalk thanks to key injuries.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Not only are the Warriors just as talented as Cleveland, but they are not intimidated by them like every team in the East is. LeBron has the entire East cowed.

Cavs and Warriors are tied 1-1 in the last two Finals, and everyone has been expecting the rubber match Round 3 coming for the past 6 months. And it is almost here. Just a few more games to get through, with the only question being whether both teams will sweep all the way through before meeting.

CFTXAG10
AG
This is getting ugly
LawHall88
AG
Really thought the Celtics would show up tonight.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Looks almost 100% now that Cavs going to sweep Celtics and be 12-0 going into the Finals.

We will see if the Warriors hold on their own 12-0 course tomorrow as those two teams continue on their collision course.
Ulrich
I guess having like 5 of the 6 best players in a series is good.
bayouaggie
AG
Regular season don't meant squat. LBJ is still the MVP of this league. I hope they smoke Golden State.
amercer
AG
GS is a different beast than the crap teams in the East.

The finals should be awesome.

Lebron is the MVP every year though.
Pumpkinhead
AG
bayouaggie said:

Regular season don't meant squat. LBJ is still the MVP of this league. I hope they smoke Golden State.
Neither one of those teams is going to 'smoke' the other..

Going to be an epic Finals. Hard to call. Golden State probably watching right now and feeling like they will have to be up by 50 points on the Spurs by halftime to hold serve in wowing the media.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Wow. So Cavs lead 72 - 41 at halftime, and the 41 point halftime lead has set a NBA playoff record for biggest halftime lead in history.

Okay, watch a bit of sports history there...can turn that game off now. Warriors and Cavs are like two bullies just having their way in their own neighborhoods...we still gotta wait a couple more weeks unfortunately before we get to see the two bullies actually fight each other.
LawHall88
AG
I'm amazed the Garden hasn't emptied out.
CFTXAG10
AG
JR Smith got into it with a fan with an exchange of words then hit him with a broom motion

tandy miller
2008and1
AG
Celtics only chance is for Daniel Stern and Dan Akroyd to kidnap Lebron
Gigemags382
AG
Cavs only favored by 5 in game 3 at home. How does that make any sense at all?
mavsfan4ever
AG
I'm seeing cavs -14.5
CFTXAG10
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

I'm seeing cavs -14.5
This is correct. I see one place opened it at -5.5 on the 18th but everyone is pretty much holding steady at-14.5
Gigemags382
AG
Yea the place I was looking it was -5 this morning. (that's what it also said on ESPN). It's now -14.5.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nba/odds/las-vegas/line-movement/celtics-@-cavaliers.cfm/date/5-21-17/time/2030#BT

Scroll down to the VI Concensus Line Movements. Line didn't change until today. So even after the game last night you could still get -5.5? I don't know how it was at -5.5 even before the game last night.

Is that the worst set line in betting history? I don't get it.
LawHall88
AG
So, now this:

Quote:

BOSTON (May 20, 2017) The Boston Celtics today announced that Isaiah Thomas will miss the remainder of this year's postseason following re-aggravation of a right femoral-acetabular impingement with labral tear during Game 2 of the Eastern Conference Finals against Cleveland. Thomas initially injured the hip during the third quarter of the Celtics' March 15 game against Minnesota, forcing him to miss the next two regular season contests. The injury was further aggravated during Game 6 of the Eastern Conference Semifinals at Washington on May 12.
http://www.nba.com/celtics/news/press-052017-isaiah-thomas-ruled-out-for-game-3

Will the Celtics break 80 in either of the remaining two games?
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
The Cavs need to sit LeBron the rest of the series.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.