How much did Hakeem score tonight?

6,806 Views | 61 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by tbirdspur2010
AGAZ03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I miss the game and saw the score.

I figured Hakeem was still whipping the spurs' ass.
superunknown
AG
aggie7911
triggered.
Cave Johnson, CEO
AG
What a clever and original joke that definitely hasn't been used at all tonight. Good job.
Ryan34
AG
Better question is how many did LaMarcus score
superunknown
AG
aggie7911 said:

triggered.

At least i didn't mention the fact that if Jordan never retired after his first 3 peat the Rockets would have never won a championship.
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
Wow unknown and the spurs fans are pizzzzed
SquirrellyDan
AG
Great Beard of Zeus said:

Wouldn't you be? I'd imagine the ones still posting are either drunk or enjoy pain.
aggie7911

LOL like he worked all day on those two posts in case the Spurs lost.
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
primomosquito said:

Wouldn't you be? I'd imagine the ones still posting are either drunk or enjoy pain.

I wouldn't be melting down like all the snowflake Spurs fans. I knew they were trashy and a bit touchy, but this is ridiculous. Take a loss with some class, losers.
Token
AG
superunknown said:

aggie7911 said:

triggered.

At least i didn't mention the fact that if Jordan never retired after his first 3 peat the Rockets would have never won a championship.
there it is

Not like the spurs finally won their first title the year after jordan retired or anything

bunch of ****ing hypocrites
superunknown
AG
aggie7911 said:

LOL like he worked all day on those two posts in case the Spurs lost.

Nah its just my easy way to piss rockets fans off. After 20 years it never gets old.
J Peterman
AG
superunknown said:

aggie7911 said:

triggered.

Go look at the Bulls record vs the Rockets in 90's...Rockets had no problems with the Bulls. Luc Longley would have been an appetizer for Hakeem.
Guitarsoup
AG
Token said:

superunknown said:

aggie7911 said:

triggered.

there it is

Not like the spurs finally won their first title the year after jordan retired or anything

Spurs won a title while Jordan played a full season in the league.

Texaggie7nine
superunknown said:

aggie7911 said:

triggered.

http://www.papercitymag.com/culture/sports-illustrated-admits-hakeem-olajuwon-crush-michael-jordan-housto-rockets-nba-finals/
7nine
Ags #1
AG
Or that the spurs tanked to get Duncan
Matt_ag98
Muffin Top 04 said:

superunknown said:

aggie7911 said:

triggered.

Go look at the Bulls record vs the Rockets in 90's...Rockets had no problems with the Bulls. Luc Longley would have been an appetizer for Hakeem.
I forgot about all those epic Rockets/Bulls 90s NBA Finals match-ups...with Jordan taking a two year break at least you have those awesome/hideous jerseys that will never die
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
Matt_ag98 said:

Muffin Top 04 said:

superunknown said:

aggie7911 said:

triggered.

I forgot about all those epic Rockets/Bulls 90s NBA Finals match-ups...with Jordan taking a two year break at least you have those awesome/hideous jerseys that will never die

TheMasterplan
Token said:

superunknown said:

aggie7911 said:

triggered.

there it is

And the Dirk injury in '03
Guitarsoup
AG
TheMasterplan said:

Token said:

superunknown said:

aggie7911 said:

triggered.

there it is

Gotta stay healthy to win and the Spurs were already beating the Mavs when Dirk got hurt.
cc10106
Muffin Top 04 said:

superunknown said:

aggie7911 said:

triggered.

Agreed. I was the biggest Bulls fan I knew growing up but no way they beat Houston both years the Rockets won titles. Chicago struggled enough as it is with New York and Orlando, much less Olajuwon, et al who could match up with anybody.
Matt_ag98

Matt_ag98 said:

Muffin Top 04 said:

superunknown said:

aggie7911 said:

triggered.

Sorry I actually grew up with those jerseys and are ok with them #1891Fiesta, but you guys did whip azz tonight and there is no excuse, long live Steve Franchise!
Farmer1906
AG
Guitarsoup said:

TheMasterplan said:

Token said:

superunknown said:

aggie7911 said:

triggered.

there it is

Gotta stay healthy to win and the Spurs were already beating the Mavs when Dirk got hurt.
Rockets were already beating the Bulls before MJ took 1.5 years off.
Guitarsoup
AG
aggie1906 said:

Guitarsoup said:

TheMasterplan said:

Token said:

superunknown said:

aggie7911 said:

Mtriggered.

there it is

Not in the playoffs
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
Guitarsoup said:

aggie1906 said:

Guitarsoup said:

TheMasterplan said:

Token said:

superunknown said:

aggie7911 said:

Mtriggered.

there it is

Not in the playoffs

Farmer1906
AG
Guitarsoup said:

aggie1906 said:

Guitarsoup said:

TheMasterplan said:

Token said:

superunknown said:

aggie7911 said:

Mtriggered.

there it is

Not in the playoffs
I can't help it MJ got his ass beat by Penny and Shaq.
Guitarsoup
AG
Hakeem missed the playoffs in his prime one of those first three years that Jordan was winning titles.

It's funny, regular season records are really important when it helps your argument, but useless when it doesn't.
CreedBratton
aggie1906 said:

Guitarsoup said:

aggie1906 said:

Guitarsoup said:

TheMasterplan said:

Token said:

superunknown said:

aggie7911 said:

Mtriggered.

there it is

Not in the playoffs
I can't help it MJ got his ass beat by Penny and Shaq.
Yep. The team who knocked MJ's ass out of the playoffs were later swept by Clutch City. Not our fault
Gramercy Riffs
AG
Guitarsoup said:

aggie1906 said:

Guitarsoup said:

TheMasterplan said:

Token said:

superunknown said:

aggie7911 said:

Mtriggered.

there it is

Not in the playoffs
On the flip side, MJ never beat the Rockets in the playoffs either.
Guitarsoup
AG
Gramercy Riffs said:

Guitarsoup said:

aggie1906 said:

Guitarsoup said:

TheMasterplan said:

Token said:

superunknown said:

aggie7911 said:

Mtriggered.

there it is

Not in the playoffs
Duncan never beat Stevie Franchise in the playoffs. I think we all know who is better. In a hypothetical matchup that never happened, Stevie would run all over the slow Duncan. So quick and athletic.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Gramercy Riffs said:

Guitarsoup said:

aggie1906 said:

Guitarsoup said:

TheMasterplan said:

Token said:

superunknown said:

aggie7911 said:

Mtriggered.

there it is

Not in the playoffs
Duncan never beat Stevie Franchise in the playoffs. I think we all know who is better. In a hypothetical matchup that never happened, Stevie would run all over the slow Duncan. So quick and athletic.
It was a joke comment in a silly argument.

The debate about the Rockets championships is tired either way. They counted. Banners are up, rings are worn, opposing fans are bitter. The "*" stuff is usually thrown out there with zero real analysis done by people who couldn't possibly be objective about the topic anyway.

Even if we assumed that MJ's teams would have beaten Houston in the finals both years, fans of any team other than Chicago look foolish making the argument for two simple reasons:

1. Their favorite team had the same opportunity to win two championships while MJ was away and didn't get it done.
2. Their favorite team also never defeated MJ in the finals - before, during, or after MJ's baseball journey.

If titles don't count if MJ wasn't playing in the finals, then nobody's titles count. It's a flawed argument that requires moving goalposts, and it's done simply to poke at Rockets fans and for no other reason.
Guitarsoup
AG
Gramercy Riffs said:

Guitarsoup said:

Gramercy Riffs said:

Guitarsoup said:

aggie1906 said:

Guitarsoup said:

TheMasterplan said:

Token said:

superunknown said:

aggie7911 said:

Mtriggered.

there it is

Not in the playoffs
It was a joke comment in a silly argument.

The debate about the Rockets championships is tired either way. They counted. Banners are up, rings are worn, opposing fans are bitter. The "*" stuff is usually thrown out there with zero real analysis done by people who couldn't possibly be objective about the topic anyway.

Even if we assumed that MJ's teams would have beaten Houston in the finals both years, fans of any team other than Chicago look foolish making the argument for two simple reasons:

1. Their favorite team had the same opportunity to win two championships while MJ was away and didn't get it done.
2. Their favorite team also never defeated MJ in the finals - before, during, or after MJ's baseball journey.

If titles don't count if MJ wasn't playing in the finals, then nobody's titles count. It's a flawed argument that requires moving goalposts, and it's done simply to poke at Rockets fans and for no other reason.
Agree on all counts. Rockets played great in 94 and 95 and deserved both titles. I'm just pointing out all the dumb arguments surrounding it.

I think the 94 matchup would have been more exciting. Mad Max on Jordan for a series. I think 95 was a better team, but only having Elie to defend would have been much more of a struggle for the Rockets.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
The good news is that we've got a (potentially) great series to watch right now. Let's enjoy that part and other folks can worry about what might have happened 20+ years ago.
Guitarsoup
AG
Gramercy Riffs said:

The good news is that we've got a (potentially) great series to watch right now. Let's enjoy that part and other folks can worry about what might have happened 20+ years ago.
Potentially terrible series, too.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
Maybe, but I expect the three remaining games to be close.

(That's about as far as I go with smack talk, by the way. Real hard-hitting stuff.)
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.