****Official NBA 2016-17 General discussion****

19,734 Views | 261 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Guitarsoup
True Anomaly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This thread seemed to work last season, and I just wanted an excuse to post this because to me it echoes how wonderfully crazy the NBA can be at times:

[url=<blockquote][/url]
C Loves L
I predicted when the Durant to Golden state announcement was made that they would be worse off than without him. I'm hoping last night was a sign of things to come.

Too many egos and fingers will start pointing. It's gonna take them to at least Christmas to figure out how to play as a team
True Anomaly
AG
C Loves L said:

I predicted when the Durant to Golden state announcement was made that they would be worse off than without him. I'm hoping last night was a sign of things to come.

Too many egos and fingers will start pointing. It's gonna take them to at least Christmas to figure out how to play as a team

Giving up Bogut for Zaza will have far more negative implications for them than they figured at the time they made the move. I know they had to do something given Durant's contract, but still...
Guitarsoup
AG
I think the Warriors still have the best team in the West, however, #2 and #3 both have all-star post players in Deandre Jordan, Blake Griffin, Pau Gasol and TheMarcus. Having Zaza and David West to guard those four players in the playoffs may be a massive problem. All four of those guys will push Draymond Green and KD around.
mAgnoliAg
AG
Anthony Davis
Ulrich
50 points
16 rebounds
5 assists
7 steals
4 blocks

Anthony Davis is ok
2008and1
AG
True Anomaly
AG
Typical Philly
True Anomaly
AG
HOLY ****- just learned who the Philly fan was that flipped off Westbrook- it's a urologist at the same hospital I used to work at when I lived in Philly. Knowing that, it does not shock me at all it was him as that guy is an *******
TajMaballer
AG
I love Russell's reaction
Enzo The Baker
AG
Cringe worthy video of Kevin Durant anyone?

Quote:

Just one game into the NBA season, Golden State Warriors forward Kevin Durant used the slights against him for motivation.
ESPN's Ethan Sherwood Strauss was on the scene Thursday night in New Orleans as Durant participated in a post-practice shooting session before Friday's game against the Pelicans.
Durant spent some of that time yelling criticisms at himself:

"They say I ain't hungry!"
"I'm out here!"
Shooting his last shots, Durant said, "They told me I ain't have no drive! I'm out here. They called me a coward! Putting in work."
When asked after his session about shouting criticisms, Durant explained, "That's what I say to myself when I'm working. I hear it all the time. You hear the noise. You hear what they say about you. Everybody hears it. So it's a little extra motivation when you hear it."
"It's not that I read it it's just in the air," he said. "You know it's just in the atmosphere and people tell you and you hear about it. You guys ask me questions about it all the time, so obviously I know, but I'm not losing sleep on it. It's just wood on that fire."
Hi, Im Brett
AG
Westbrook going scorched earth on everybody this year. Gonna be fun to watch.
Pahdz
Yeah this has not been good Russ tonight, but I still love him.

Be sure and read Lee Jenkins' article about him in SI too
Deluxe
AG
So far, Russ is leading the NBA in scoring (38.7), assists (11.7) and is 8th in rebounding (12.3).

Still early but fun to track.
Deputy Travis Junior
LeBron has been trolling the **** out of the warriors:

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/lebron-james-just-cant-stop-trolling-warriors-even-at-his-halloween-party-103116
Iowaggie
AG
For only the 2nd time since 1983*, not one top-10 pick started his team's first game. Domantas Sabonis(11th) and Pascal Siakam(27th) were the only first rounders to start the first game this year.

Last year had 5 picks starting their teams first game, including picks 1-4: Karl-Anthony Towns, D'Angelo Russell, Kahlil Okafor, Kristaps Porzingis, and #7 Emmanuel Mudiay

*1983 was as far back as basketball-reference records such things.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG

Would be lying if I said haven't watched this commercial every morning before work this week. Russ is now my favorite non-Rocket player since Kobe is done.
West Texan
AG
I guess I'm just turning into an old man, but this new style of dancing just looks ******ed.
Guitarsoup
AG
I liked Russ in an "He's great to watch, Love all that personality and I'm glad he's not taking so many terrible shots and turning the ball over so much for my team" kind of way.

If you know you are doomed to a 48-54 win team every year that isn't going to make the Finals, he's definitely the guy you want leading it. Way more exciting than most.
Deluxe
AG
C Loves L
Russell Westbrook's postgame interview was awesome

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/17967268/kevin-durant-russell-westbrook-avoid-other-tipoff-oklahoma-city-thunder-golden-state-warriors-game
Deluxe
AG
I'm a pretty big fan of Kanter now. During his in-game altercation with Durant, Kanter reportedly asked him (and I'm paraphrasing here) "why didn't you play like that in game 6 last year?"

Kanter is taking some heat nationally because the easy narrative is that Kanter talked ****, then KD lit them up. But in reality, KD lighting it up is why Kanter was talking *****

Then after the game, Kanter took the high road when asked about it and KD stooped to yet another low when he said Kanter "would probably post about it on Twitter".

Anyway, kudos to Durant and the Dubs for proving that a 73-win team can acquire a top 3 player and continue a high level of play. What a great story!
Good Poster
AG
You're a Kanter fan now because he was talking **** to Durant from the bench while he was shooting the Thunder out of the gym and only played 3 minutes?
Deluxe
AG
I assume you're being sarcastic?
Good Poster
AG
Can't really say I'm a fan of Enes "max money, bench minutes" Kanter because he's a bitter loser
Deluxe
AG
Hot sports opinion!
mavsfan4ever
AG
That actually is great if kanter actually said that.
CFTXAG10
AG
I don't know if they can keep it up for 4 quarters but the Lakers are giving the Warriors all they can handle right now.

I think Larry Nance Jr. might have buried David West

Olsen
AG
Another loss for the Warriors tonight and this time against the Lakers. 117-97
Rolflmao
Embiid Olajuwon

He is also the 3 pt % leader in the league right now and shot 4 for 4 against the cavs. All while being 7'2" -275.
Guitarsoup
AG
https://instagr.am/p/BMgnUqHgHSm
Iowaggie
AG
I'm not sure there is a media personality I appreciate more than Ernie Johnson.

From his work on TNT, his battle with cancer, and his general insight.

I thought he stuck his neck out there pretty far with these comments for a few reasons.

And I continue to grow in my respect for EJ.

Pahdz
You know those guys are tight on that set, and I feel the other three would have his back if anyone tries to shake him down for this.
Deputy Travis Junior
Check out this filthy pass by Rubio. Damn...

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=18042508
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
^Pfft. I do that at the rec center/park like every game.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.