Thank You Kobe Bryant - The Greatest Basketball Player of All Time

17,791 Views | 149 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by DTF_Ag
Simplebay
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
2 decades comes to an end tonight. The end of an era, and no doubt the fundamental changing of the NBA going forward.

• 5x nba champion
  • 2x finals MVP
  • 2x gold medalist
  • 1 MVP
  • 1x ALL-NBA First Team
  • 2x All Star
  • 4x All Star MVP
  • 12 All NBA Defense
  • 3rd on NBA's all-time scoring list
  • 3rd on NBA's all-time playoff scoring list
  • Second-highest scoring game
  • 24 Games with at least 50 points

and like that.... he's gone.

Head Ninja In Charge
AG
A sad day. Long live the GOAT.

Guitarsoup
AG
Great player. Definitely top three of his generation.
aggie_2001_2005
Great all-time player. But really, he was finished 3 years ago. His swan song was the games leading up to his Achilles injury
BBQ4Me
AG
SB -Welcome back from purgatory!
GOAT? Nope, but I wouldn't expect any other proclamation.
Deputy Travis Junior
Greatest basketball player of all time? Hell he's probably only the fifth best Laker of all time. I'd take Wilt, Kareem, Magic, and Shaq over Kobe.
Texas A&M
I didn't root for him since he was a Laker, but up until he assaulted that woman I would have wanted him on the Rockets. After that, he was just another thug NBA player.

Deputy Travis Junior
I'm not a criminal apologist, but that woman was far from a saint and none of us know exactly what happened in that room that night. It's not a given or close to one that he did in fact rape her.
Iowaggie
AG
Definitely one of the top 40 basketball players of all time.

The Terry Bradshaw or Troy Aikman of NBA basketball.

Very good player.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Nice of you to join us, Simple!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Guys, give Simple the benefit of the doubt. I doubt he actually thinks the's the actual GOAT.
Know Your Enemy
AG
GOAT?
Know Your Enemy
AG
Simplebay
AG
He's the GOAT shut your mouths.

If you actually want to know what i think...Kobe doesn't sniff Jordan. Kobe is top 5. I can only tie him with Magic at best. He's better than Duncan, although due to duncan having an amazing coach and amazing cast and organization for his career, Duncan can and likely has the better career. But kobe is still better.
Know Your Enemy
AG
He's not even a Top 5 Laker of all time.
Token
AG
1-0 vs rape charges

65 losses (and counting) his last season.

GOAT indeed
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
He's better than Duncan
Simplebay
AG
There's a reason i led with the second picture i did
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I am so not ready for losing Duncan. I think he comes back for one last hurrah next season, but regardless, I will probably cry when it happens.

I imagine it's pretty tough to see an icon go out at such a low point in his career. Sucks he never got the help he needed in the last few years. (Actually, not so much. The last Spurs-Lakers series was a ton of fun.)
aggie_2001_2005
quote:
He's the GOAT shut your mouths.

If you actually want to know what i think...Kobe doesn't sniff Jordan. Kobe is top 5. I can only tie him with Magic at best. He's better than Duncan, although due to duncan having an amazing coach and amazing cast and organization for his career, Duncan can and likely has the better career. But kobe is still better.

Kobe had the most dominant player in the game on his team for the first three titles.

Duncan had Avery Johnson, Jaren Jackson, Mario Elie, Sean Elliott barely even in the game from Kidney disease, and a fairly washed up David Robinson for his first title run.

Then Kobe gets Gasol for a bag of skittles (at the time) from the grizzlies. Kobe has hardly had worse supporting casts than Tim. A better coach? I agree with you there but there are worse coaches than Phil.
superunknown
AG
favorite Kobe highlight

Token
AG
quote:
I am so not ready for losing Duncan. I think he comes back for one last hurrah next season, but regardless, I will probably cry when it happens.

I imagine it's pretty tough to see an icon go out at such a low point in his career. Sucks he never got the help he needed in the last few years. (Actually, not so much. The last Spurs-Lakers series was a ton of fun.)
he did it to himself. taking 25MM salaries to the detriment of the team (He could've worked some under the table deal behind the scenes where they could keep him as a consultant after he retires and his salary would be undisclosed) and making it impossible to add legitimate help
TexAgs1992
Nice to have you back, Simplebay. Good to see you haven't become a Clippers fan since last posting around here.
Simplebay
AG
F the floppers. they will never win a chompionship
TajMaballer
AG
quote:
F the floppers. they will never win a chompionship
I love that everyone on this board hates the Clippers. Let's all hope that Chris Paul never sees Round 3.
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
I'm not a criminal apologist, but that woman was far from a saint and none of us know exactly what happened in that room that night. It's not a given or close to one that he did in fact rape her.
This is true. However, street hookers can be raped.

I find it doubtful that she faked the vaginal tearing.
West Texan
AG
quote:
quote:
This is true. However, street hookers can be raped.

I find it doubtful that she faked the vaginal tearing.

That's not something I expected to read today...
Simplebay
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Deputy Travis Junior
You're right that it's very possible that he did. I remember that she'd had sex with multiple guys in the previous 24 or 48 hours, and that the defense said the trauma was due to that lots of sex. I don't know anything about the physiological effects of marathon sex sessions so I don't have a clue whether there's anything to that. But on its face it didn't seem like the "wow he absolutely got away with rape" sort of situation that you saw with Roethlisberger.
Olsen
AG
Farewell Black Mamba!

Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
You're right that it's very possible that he did. I remember that she'd had sex with multiple guys in the previous 24 or 48 hours, and that the defense said the trauma was due to that lots of sex. I don't know anything about the physiological effects of marathon sex sessions so I don't have a clue whether there's anything to that. But on its face it didn't seem like the "wow he absolutely got away with rape" sort of situation that you saw with Roethlisberger.
You know, a lot of women have sex multiple times within 48 hours without extensive tearing/bleeding.
AggieSportsGuy
AG
He was only first team all NBA one time?
Guitarsoup
AG
Cuban says he had a deal done for Kobe+contract dumps for JET+Josh Howard+Picks in 2007.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/15199148/dallas-mavericks-nearly-acquired-kobe-bryant-2007-mark-cuban-says

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.