***Official Houston Rockets Quest for the Championship Thread II***

512,575 Views | 5949 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Hickory High
TexagChris17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Page 2
Farmer1906
AG
Summer league started yesterday. Johnson, Capela, Dekker, and Harrell all sat out. Alan Williams had 27-10 though. He put up great #s at UCSB the last 3 years.
Ryan34
AG
I had the game open on my laptop and kinda half paid attention to it. Wasn't impressed with Williams. He just had a huge weight advantage and was playing against bad competition. Maybe he can be this year's Tarik Black or Joey Dorsey.

Christian Wood is really intriguing. He's so tall and long (we had him guarding Hasheem Thabeet at the outset) but is skinny and moves like a SF. He only played limited minutes due to the opponent, but finished with 9 points, 5 rebounds, 2 assists and 2 blocks in 14 minutes. 4-4 shooting. He's 6'11" with long lanky limbs yet can handle the ball pretty well. He looks like a young Greek Freak bringing it up the court (not saying he's as skilled as Giannis).

Chris Walker is still a great athlete. Athleticism and size alone, he looks like a lottery pick. Crazy that his game is so far behind.
mAgnoliAg
AG
Signed Marcus Thornton
mAgnoliAg
AG
And nobody notified me that we had a new thread
Cloud
I like the Marcus Thornton signing a lot. Good shooter. Vet minimum. He's pretty much never gotten to play on a good team.
Token
AG
Great signing
Hickory High
AG
Thornton is ridiculous in 2K15
texasaggie2015
AG
Perfect fit
shano0603
AG
Dude can light it up form beyond the 3 point line... Not that great of a defender though.
mAgnoliAg
AG
Harrell looked fairly good
Farmer1906
AG

Bonfired
AG
For the price, I'm good with Thornton. Career 36% from 3...hopefully he'll be the 2nd team scoring punch from the backcourt.
CFTXAG10
AG
Per RealGM, the Rockets are close to getting a deal inked to bring back Jason Terry

Hickory High
AG
Any idea how much?
CFTXAG10
AG
I haven't heard a number thrown out there yet. Apparently Morey put an offer on the table and Terry has been mulling it over. There were rumblings of Terry going back to Dallas for a while when DJ was still headed there, but it sounds like the return of Terry to the Rockets will be announced soon. Would imagine it won't be too much.

Guitarsoup
AG
I can't think he is worth much more than the Vet Min at this point in his career.
CFTXAG10
AG
quote:
I can't think he is worth much more than the Vet Min at this point in his career.
Agreed. If it isn't the vet minimum it will be close to it.
mAgnoliAg
AG
Ty Lawson arrested for DUI. Can we get him cheap?
Hickory High
AG
quote:
Ty Lawson arrested for DUI. Can we get him cheap?
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
Mitch Lawrence: Denver Nuggets considering waiving Ty Lawson after latest DUI arrest, per #NBA sources. Lawson has two years, $25.6 mil left on contract.

via Twitter Mitch_Lawrence
quote:
Adrian Wojnarowski: Few teams had Ty Lawson trade interest, but were waiting on Denver to lower cost. His value's cratered now. He needs to deal w/ his issues.

via Twitter WojYahooNBA
mAgnoliAg
AG
Mavs Officially signed deron Williams
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
Mavs Officially signed deron Williams
This would have been so big 5 years ago.
Farmer1906
AG
Me 5 years ago thought he was better than CP3.
Token
AG
quote:
Me 5 years ago thought he was better than CP3.
he was in my opinion the best PG in the game 5-6 years ago
Ryan34
AG
Ty Lawson appears to be on a bit of a downward spiral. Two DUIs (or suspicion of DUI) in the last 6 months. Think a change of scenery is enough to get him back on the right path?
mAgnoliAg
AG
quote:
Ty Lawson appears to be on a bit of a downward spiral. Two DUIs (or suspicion of DUI) in the last 6 months. Think a change of scenery is enough to get him back on the right path?

Don't care. Go get him
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
quote:

Don't care. Go get him
What is the most we can offer if released? Full MLE?
Token
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Don't care. Go get him
What is the most we can offer if released? Full MLE?
yeah
k20dub
AG
@SpearsNBAYahoo: Free agent forward-center Chuck Hayes was seen with the Rockets staff yesterday. His agent Calvin Andrew confirmed there is mutual interest.
Farmer1906
AG
Maybe he'll accept a Josh Smith special since he'll be getting $$ from DEN if he gets released.
Hickory High
AG
quote:
@SpearsNBAYahoo: Free agent forward-center Chuck Hayes was seen with the Rockets staff yesterday. His agent Calvin Andrew confirmed there is mutual interest.

PLEASE YES. I LOVED CHUCK.
shano0603
AG
quote:
quote:

PLEASE YES. I LOVED CHUCK.

Big fan of his too.... But where would be fit in?
Hickory High
AG
Absolutely nowhere. And it'd be ok.
Cris_Dishman
How do we have room for Chuckwagon? This is our roster as of now:

Harden
Howard
Ariza
Bev
Jones
D Mo
Brewer
Thornton
Capella
Dekker
Montrezl
Papa
Johnson

Then 2 out of Terry/Smooth/McDaniels round out the 15. I guess you can still cut Papa since his contract is non-guaranteed if he isn't used as trade filler and then don't re-sign McDaniels. If Denver waives Lawson and we pick him up then no need for Terry.
Last Page
Page 2 of 171

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.