2014-15 5(x) Champion San Antonio Spurs - Title Defense Thread.

357,658 Views | 4050 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by rms007
Original_NoOlives
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Clippers are in trouble.
THIS.
Sher Thing
AG
quote:
I know he does well for us, but I hate Boris Diaw. I try so hard to like him.
I love Boris Diaw. One of my favorite Spurs of all-time.
Original_NoOlives
AG
quote:
quote:
Clippers are in trouble.
THIS.
Seriously hope y'all make complete fools out of those ******bags.

SAS in 5, callin' it.
Sher Thing
AG
I really hope Tiago's calf isn't as bad as Pop is making it seem. Tiago is badly needed to defend Blake. Just like he was to defend Davis tonight. If Tiago is indeed hobbling or severely limited, we could really struggle inside to guard the Clipper bigs. One of the reasons I wanted to avoid this team first round.

Hope he's good to go.
BigBrother
AG
I know. His numbers are good for us. I'm not saying it's logical. Just don't like him.
dreyOO
You guys all worried about this kill me. We have 5 rings. We've been playing with house money for awhile. I'm just gonna enjoy the show.
Houston Summit
AG
If y'all play the Clips, the series goes 6 max. Y'all should handle them routinely
GatorAg03
AG
quote:
I want to know who gator thinks is beating the Spurs now that would not have beaten them before.

Cause I still think they're favorites the firs two rounds.

I can't predict definitively, but my guess is GSW comes out of the west now. I think Dallas is a hell of a lot easier than playing the Clips without HCA. My guess is the Spurs run out of juice or get banged up by long series. Still not ready to say who beats them, but a Dallas matchup with HCA seemed like an easy 1st step.

Again, y'all keep arguing 1st round or two, when I am talking championship. I really think the Spurs went from the favorites to win it all to the 3rd or 4th most likely with the loss tonight. It's just my opinion and isn't a death nail, but the road got amazingly tougher and it would be the greatest playoff run in Spurs history (if not NBA history) if the Spurs were to repeat. I don't think stating that is negative. Its really pretty much just stats and history.
aggie_2001_2005
The Spurs had to play GSW after LAC / HOU regardless. All they traded was LAC for DAL and I doubt the clippers series goes to 7 games.
aggie_2001_2005
Home court only really matters in series that go the distance. Otherwise each team gets 3 home games in the first six.
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
Home court only really matters in series that go the distance. Otherwise each team gets 3 home games in the first six.
Disagree completely. Having the first two at home is a big advantage. Teams up 2-0 generally win the series.
GatorAg03
AG
quote:
You guys all worried about this kill me. We have 5 rings. We've been playing with house money for awhile. I'm just gonna enjoy the show.

I don't get this attitude. I want to win every game that my team suits up for. Sure it is easier to accept losses after huge past success as an average fan, but that doesn't damper my desire to win in the present or future in the least. To me that attitude represent not caring as much as you used to, and I want this Spurs team and the Big 3 to go out on top and on their terms. If anything, the closer they get to the last days, the more I want to see them win, regardless of past success.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
it would be the greatest playoff run in Spurs history (if not NBA history) if the Spurs were to repeat.
Is this a joke? We're the DEFENDING CHAMPS. We will be favored in most of our series except vs Warriors, most likely.
GatorAg03
AG
quote:
quote:
Disagree completely. Having the first two at home is a big advantage. Teams up 2-0 generally win the series.

Exactly. Arguing statistics and history vs emotion on a message board is a losing venture, so I'll go to bed now, but I think tonight's game means more than most on here understand. I hope the Spurs beat the odds, but I realize they will have to do exactly that.
Sher Thing
AG
quote:
The Spurs had to play GSW after LAC / HOU regardless. All they traded was LAC for DAL and I doubt the clippers series goes to 7 games.

Well they wouldn't have had to play both LAC and HOU and they also gave up two rounds of HCA. Also missed out on a possible HOU/GS second round. Now GS will likely blow through the first two rounds - NO & MEM/POR before their first real challenge while the Spurs have to go through LAC and HOU on the road.

Its an incredibly tough layout on paper. But we'll see what happens.
Houston Summit
AG
Assuming we actually win our series vs the Mavs. Our playoff history suggests nothing is guarenteed
Sher Thing
AG
quote:
Assuming we actually win our series vs the Mavs. Our playoff history suggests nothing is guarenteed
Well that's why this thing is so volatile. Under that scenario, assuming the Spurs beat the Clippers, the Spurs would end up getting a great draw. Just going to have to wait and see how it plays out.

If it plays out like its suppose to play out though, it will be an incredibly tough road for the Spurs. If anyone can do it though, the Spurs can.
Sher Thing
AG
Spurs Schedule for Round 1:

Game 1: Spurs @ LA - Apr 19, 9:30PM CST - TNT
Game 2: Spurs @ LA - Apr 22, 9:30PM CST - TNT
Game 3: LA @ Spurs - Apr 24, 8:30PM CST - ESPN
Game 4: LA @ Spurs - Apr 26, 2:30PM CST - ABC
Game 5: Spurs @ LA - Apr 28, TBD - TBD
Game 6: LA @ Spurs - Apr 30, TBD - TBD
Game 7: Spurs @ LA - May 2, TBD - TBD
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
GD it. ****ing 9:30 starts. ****.
Sher Thing
AG
Yep
Guitarsoup
AG
Self-employed night owls with kids love 9:30 starts.
Cave Johnson, CEO
AG
My enthusiasm for the playoffs plummeted. No HCA, blowing the 2 seed, and now we have to stay up until midnight just to watch finish a game.
Sher Thing
AG
out of all the losses over the years it was a regular season loss to the Pelicans that's making you jump ship huh.
tbirdspur2010
AG
quote:
My enthusiasm for the playoffs plummeted. No HCA, blowing the 2 seed, and now we have to stay up until midnight just to watch finish a game.

Then GTFO.
Losman
AG
Spurs are in the Playoffs and 1 game separated 2 and 6. They destroyed most of these teams in the past month including the #1 seed. If you are not excited to see the Spurs take on the league for another title then jump off the bandwagon and let the real fans appreciate the real season..
tbirdspur2010
AG
Hell, I wanted to be on this side of the bracket anyways. 2 seed, 6 seed, home, away, doesn't matter.

We play our game, we'll be fine. Period. Not flipping out over a road loss in game 82 to a team that absolutely had to win just to get the pleasure of facing the buzzsaw that is GSW when the conference was so bunched up, tbh.
Cave Johnson, CEO
AG
Oh brother get out of here with all yalls holier than thou fan crap. Am I not allowed to express disappointment? Its okay y'all can admit you're probably slightly disappointed too, it doesnt make you a bad fan.

I never said I wasn't going to watch or that they suck, but yeah my enthusiasm isn't as high as it was 24 hours ago. I like how I took more crap for my comment than the Nancy who said they wouldn't repeat after losing to the Pelicans.
Cave Johnson, CEO
AG
quote:
quote:

Then GTFO.

No thanks. I think I'll still watch.
tbirdspur2010
AG
quote:
Oh brother get out of here with all yalls holier than thou fan crap. Am I not allowed to express disappointment? Its okay y'all can admit you're probably slightly disappointed too, it doesnt make you a bad fan.

I never said I wasn't going to watch or that they suck, but yeah my enthusiasm isn't as high as it was 24 hours ago.

Then you lack perspective.

I'm not saying I'm holier than thou, but come the hell on. In a West race with the records this close and the teams all this good, the actual seeding numbers are more nominal now than in any other year. But your enthusiasm still isn't as high?

That's poppycock, tbh.
tbirdspur2010
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Then GTFO.

No thanks. I think I'll still watch.

Then reattach your testicles and quit the female dramatics.

It's the postseason! Step yo game up!
Cave Johnson, CEO
AG
quote:
quote:

I never said I wasn't going to watch or that they suck, but yeah my enthusiasm isn't as high as it was 24 hours ago.

I'm not saying I'm holier than thou, but come the hell on. In a West race with the records this close and the teams all this good, the actual seeding numbers are more nominal now than in any other year. But your enthusiasm still isn't as high?

That's poppycock, tbh.

I'm excited sure but I wasn't excited as I was before, I don't get what's wrong with saying that. Yes the west was close and because od that I would prefer that Spurs have the advantage. Who's the lowest seed to ever reach the finals or win it? I know the Knicks were a low seed in 99.

Oh and if you have a problem with my comment I hope you don't frequent the spurs talk forum.
tbirdspur2010
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

That's poppycock, tbh.

I'm excited sure but I wasn't excited as I was before, I don't get what's wrong with saying that. Yes the west was close and because od that I would prefer that Spurs have the advantage. Who's the lowest seed to ever reach the finals or win it? I know the Knicks were a low seed in 99.

Oh and if you have a problem with my comment I hope you don't frequent the spurs talk forum.

I'm effing with you, man--been on SpursTalk for ages ( I'm "LoneStarState'sPride" over there ). Used to write for PtR a bit, too.

It's all good--just giving you s*** about being a Debbie downer.
tbirdspur2010
AG
But forrealdoe--step yo game up.

Operation #ChaseForSeis is a GO!

Need your posting to be in postseason form!
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
GD it. ****ing 9:30 starts. ****.

Such BULL ****
BlackGold
AG
Sad face.
First Page Last Page
Page 114 of 116

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.