******BTHO Arkansas******

3,632 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 23 hrs ago by Soccer1
CDub06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Texas A&M @ Arkansas
Thursday, October 24 - 6:30PM
Watch: SEC+

After a lackluster season thus far, it's now time for the toughest tests of the season. A&M closes the season out with a pair of top five teams. One is an offensive beast, the other has one of the best defenses in the country. First up: Arkansas, the offensive juggernaut.

The Aggies travel to Arkansas for a Thursday night match against the current #5 ranked team in the country (#2 RPI).

The Aggies were once 8-1 against Arkansas, but with 6 consecutive losses to the Hogs, that all-time record currently sits at 8-7. The last 11 matches between these teams have been decided by a one goal margin. However, the gap between these teams hasn't seemed this wide since 1995.

Arkansas is 12-1-1 and a perfect 9-0 at home. That one loss came at #3 Mississippi State (0-1), coincidentally A&M's next opponent. The tie was at #22 Michigan State (2-2). Those games aside, Arkansas has netted a lot of goals! They've outscored opponents 58-11 through the season and 23-6 in conference play.

Arkansas has a potent and multifaceted attack with 10 players scoring multiple goals this season. Arkansas' 23 goals scored in conference is 8 more than the next highest SEC team (and 11 more than A&M).

The Aggies need a win. They need it to stop the winless streak from reaching 4. They need it to get back to .500 in conference. And most importantly at this juncture, they need it to ensure they even qualify for the SEC Tournament.

Without points in these last games, A&M could end up like the other former SEC powerhouse of Florida and sit at home during the conference tournament.
CDub06
AG
New A.I. Podcast just dropped. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1E1z_kua6Ur-VZCZcSnfJa41MpHomnL3G/view?usp=drive_link

They make a couple of errors regarding the LSU game, but they're just going straight off of the nonsense posted here, so what do you expect.
taylorswift13_
The podcast hosts are more excited for the rest of the season than most Aggies are
MookieBlaylock
AG
Please tell the podcast hosts it is Sir Mookie Blaylock
Giggem
AG
Oh how I hope this team can pull out a stunner in Fayetteville ! C'mon Ags!
blake2003
AG
I love your optimism!
taylorswift13_
Hmm 2 new coaches in our school took down Texas in the past 5 days
Giggem
AG
Jamie and Trisha are the real deal. They've got that FIRE!
Peace2u
I am no environmentalist but I am concerned about the Arkansas birds. They will be under constant fire in this game. We will definitely be booting the ball against Arkansas because they are a high press/athletic team.

There is a zero chance that we'll try to pass our way out of the press like good teams. We will play scared (not sure if it's because coaches or players) but we will be kicking the ball out of our end. The attacking players will have to settle on trying to win second balls and the midfield will be bypassed offensively.

The last thing we need to do is give Arkansas more opportunities, but that is what will happen. They will attack/lose the ball and we will kick it back to them and have them try again.

This hope and a prayer strategy can work, but we are not disciplined enough defensively to not make mistakes for an entire game. We also don't have the attacking players to play this strategy.
taylorswift13_
We'll be kicking the ball to Texarkanas
taylorswift13_
On the radio show Coach G said these next two games are why the girls came to A&M… does he not realize how stupid he sounds some times!!! Yes they came to Texas A&M to play against two teams who are fighting for a championship while we're out of the bubble with little hope to make either the sec tournament or ncaa tournament! Also repeated multiple times how the refs gave LSU two goals… sad
MookieBlaylock
AG
taylorswift13_ said:

Hmm 2 new coaches in our school took down Texas in the past 5 days

Wasn't there talk on here that we won't be the sips in any sport all year

Self loathing Aggies
mullokmotx
AG
Chris Henderson of All White Kit put out a bubble watch on "X" and had this comment:

"The Aggies are up against it as well. They are a game over .500 but with as hard a draw to finish the regular season as you might expect with Arkansas and Mississippi State to come. I think they need to win at least one of those two to stand a chance of finishing in the bubble zone. They've got ten points in the league, but they also aren't guaranteed of a spot in Pensacola. The good news is that if A&M can grind their way to the bubble zone, they'll all but be assured of an NCAA spot given their profile of wins."
mullokmotx
AG
Calzada in the lineup tonight.
MookieBlaylock
AG
How we are tied is amazing
We haven't gotten the ball inside the 18
MookieBlaylock
AG
Arkie takes out our keeper

Ugh-
taylorswift13_
Sydney's been on the ground for over 3 minutes
missinAggieland
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

Arkie takes out our keeper

Ugh-

She made no attempt on the ball. Was late to come in on the hit.

I know she got a yellow, but in HS rules that is a straight red.
Soccer1
Backline is making no attempt to pass the ball out.
mullokmotx
AG
Fuller is a warrior.
Gap
AG
Tied at the half: 0-0
Rudyjax
AG
Why do we have an interim head coach?
RockW1997
AG
G got a red card last March and has to sit a game
MookieBlaylock
AG
Bc G called the ump a
MookieBlaylock
AG
Yeah that ain't a PK
taylorswift13_
Rudyjax said:

Why do we have an interim head coach?
G flipped off a ref and threw some f bombs at her
missinAggieland
AG
Weird observation. For a program with a much success as Arkansas has had, their facilities are lacking. I've seen better soccer fields at South Alabama.
missinAggieland
AG
They love to argue.
LB12Diamond
AG
We got lucky on that call.
missinAggieland
AG
The best I could figure was the high kick. If you look at one of the players off behind Fuller's head, her leg got high.
SCHTICK00
AG
missinAggieland said:

Weird observation. For a program with a much success as Arkansas has had, their facilities are lacking. I've seen better soccer fields at South Alabama.

Their facilities are great and the locker room they're about to upgrade is significantly better than ours.
Gap
AG
Final: 0-0

Ags pick up a good, hard earned road point!
Rudyjax
AG
Gap said:

Really lucky. We were outplayed.
CDub06
AG
A shutout against Arkansas. By far, the highest scoring team in the nation. That's incredible.
Gap
AG
Rudyjax said:

Gap said:

Really lucky. We were outplayed.

No complaints here. We outplayed them last year at Ellis Field and came away with a 0-1 loss when they got a late goal. I think we had basically double their shots last year. Glad to be on the other odd of that dynamic for once.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.