******BTHO Arkansas******

3,625 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 22 hrs ago by Soccer1
SCHTICK00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rudyjax said:

Gap said:

Final: 0-0

Ags pick up a good, hard earned road point!

Really lucky. We were outplayed.

And scored on. Ref saved the day
Rambotx
Our goalie saved our bacon tonight. Phil had a good game plan considering our lack of quality strikers.
HiddenAg2
Great effort tonight defensively to keep postseason hopes alive. Now it all comes down to the Miss State game. Win that one and we're in the tourney. That foul call by the ref was obviously a bad call and cost Arky the game, but we also missed a couple close calls with Becerra and Pante, so it kind of evened out in the end.
dtk9119
I'm stunned they held Arky scoreless. Absolutely stunned.
coloradoag69
AG
The ladies didn't have many chances but I saw two really good ones in the second half. The hooking ball on the foul kick just missed the left corner by inches. The near breakaway went just wide.

I clearly don't understand the rules about kicking a player's legs out from under them and taking possession of the ball. It looked to me like Arky was doing that all night.
jessexy
AG
Just watched the three big decisions by the referee. I know this referee really well so I'll be chatting with him soon.

Foul on our in the 1st half was a good decision. I'd like to see the ref closer to play and he was walking back at midfield when the ball was played in. But there's no red card in that challenge. It's a yellow and probably a verbal warning to that player, but the Arkansas player knew it was a bad challenge. This doesn't rise to SFP in any game, even a HS game like someone posted.

Penalty decision in the 2nd half. The Ref was in good position on this was cuz he actually hustled to get there and the Aggie defender has no chance to get to that ball on the slide tackle. From his angle, she can only go through the Arkansas player in that position. It's a dumb challenge anyway cuz the attacker is facing away from goal with no chance to turn, let alone shoot, and they're about as far as you can get from the goal and still be in the penalty area. I'm surprised he went to video review.

BUUUUUUUUUUT, the broadcast shows a good angle of the Aggie defender getting a good touch on the ball. She contorts her body to get there so good on her for the effort. It's still not a smart tackle but she finished it well. Good for her. Good for the ref to look at the replay. I'm almost certain someone on the crew talked him into looking at it again.

I did not see a foul on the corner kick where Arkansas scored. I'm not sure what he saw. I assume he's looking for contact on the GK but there was no interference that would make most refs blow the whistle. Maybe she got her foot stepped on and it didn't allow her to jump properly, but there's no way the Ref is seeing that from his spot..I've been on games with this ref and he's made this exact same foul call, so maybe it's his bogey foul. Not sure. That's a tough one for Arkansas and A&M got lucky. FYI, this play is not reviewable in college.
GigEm200$
Syd Fuller A++++++; deserves national Player of the Week consideration
Aggie Futbol
Good for the team. They battled. Arkansas was the better team, however; the better team doesn't always win in this sport. Our midfielders really need to do a better job defending. Their first half was very marginal. Our senior central holding mid was in above her head in the first half. Better in the second half. Very resilient.
LB12Diamond
AG
Great game to keep them scoreless. First time that's happened at home since 2022!

So so close scoring late with about 3 mins left but I'll take the tie.
BQ_90
AG
That was one of best games at goalie I've ever seen. Just amazing
aggiedrjdub
AG
I turned it on just as Pante (I believe), missed the goal on that incredible thru ball / scoring opportunity with about 3 minutes left to play. That was a tough miss; would have been the game winner. Lucky to leave with a point; glad to see the team compete; need to score goals, though (duh), but much better than a loss.
Gig'em Aggies! c/o '98 W H O O P!
Soccer1
We were very lucky to walk out of Arkansas with a tie. I thought we were pretty much dominated by Ark. Midfield lost probably 75-80% of the 50/50 balls and at the same time were taken out of the game by our backline. Props to Fuller on her keeper play. The thing that I notice most about this team is that we don't have an identity with our style of play. We are a decent possession style team when we play lesser opponents and then resort to kickball playing the better teams. We never passed the ball out on goal kicks and the keeper for the most part punted all night. Last night we were a kickball team, pretty much parked the bus and were fortunate enough to have an obvious goal called off. Don't get me wrong, I'll take a tie. Better teams don't resort to changing from a possession team to a kickball team. I watched Texas play Arkansas in a 4-3 loss. Yet they didn't change their possession style and were able to hang 3 goals on them. Yes, we have issues with scoring, but you play a style that will get you to the next level. What I witnessed last night isn't going to get you there until some major changes are made.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.