******BTHO Alabama******

4,717 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by GigEm200$
CDub06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Texas A&M at Alabama
Sunday, October 13, 6pm
Tuscaloosa, Alabama

Here we go with another game thread composed on my iPhone notes app.

The Aggies take the road to face off with Alabama in a Sunday evening match. This one kicks off at 6pm and will stream on SEC+.

Good news! Alabama is winless in conference play at 0-1-5 on the year. That "good news" is for Alabama by the way as the Aggies have been kind in granting SEC teams their first conference wins this season.

Overall, Alabama is 7-3-5. We do have some opponents in common. The Aggies beat the TCU team (2-0) that defeated Alabama 3-0. A&M beat Missouri 1-0 and Auburn 4-1 while Alabama tied them both 1-1. However, the Aggies lost to Texas 0-2 while Alabama tied them 2-2.

Alabama has so many ties this season, my predictive text is suggesting "tied" as the next word anytime I type "Alabama."

Anyway… based on common results alone, you'd expect A&M to win this one. Which probably means they won't.
taylorswift13_
Vanderbilt and Oklahoma both have one conference win… and that one win is us
BQ_90
AG
Ok back to basics…..LETS HOPE FOR A TIE
MookieBlaylock
AG
Just hoping both teams try hard
jessexy
AG
Can we hope to lose so that we have a chance to fire G and find a new coach?
mullokmotx
AG
I believe the match is at 6 PM.
mullokmotx
AG
Absolutely not. I want these players to play in the NCAA Tournament.
greg.w.h
AG
jessexy said:

Can we hope to lose so that we have a chance to fire G and find a new coach?
I hope you're miserable the rest of your life. That should make you a better person some day…
Aggie Futbol
A true fan will always want their team to do well and win. There is some talent in this team but not enough of it. The head coach hasn't illustrated that he is a master strategist or tactician so getting it right with the roster in place is tough.

The team has a history of having a very good 14-16 players on a 23-26 player roster. This gave the head coach plenty of latitude to effectively work the roster during the game. That latitude hasn't really existed here for the past 3-4 (4-5) years.

If you look at the A&M historical stats, they typically scored around 50 goals a year. The 2014 team scored approx 70 and gave up 27. That team was loaded with forwards and offensive minded players with a handful of pure defenders. They were relentless with their attacking. They could also role another 4-6 equally talented players off the bench and not see a finished play.

The teams before that were similar in construction. They were aggressive, they could score in bunches and they played solid team defense. Most of those teams also had 14-16 (15-17) high quality players in the roster. A handful of the teams post 2014 also fit the mold. Around 50 goals a year, plenty of talent and very solid defense.

What's happened with the ability to recruit the same quality and quantity of talent. Good players wanted to be here. Did G just get lazy? Did they just make decisions that didn't work out? I can't believe that they "lucked out" for so many years with the choices of talent. Maybe it's a function of increased competition in women's soccer and, because of it, a smaller pool of players who want to play at A&M for G. I think our assistant coaches are fantastic so don't put any of these comments on them.

With lesser results and some poor outcomes, players are less inclined to put A&M on their list of potential destinations. To some degree, it's self fulfilling . At some level recruiting for teams like A&M it's good fortune. Can the coaches identify players that others missed? Can they identify players that have a higher ceiling and continue to grow in the college game? Maybe G needs to hire a "super recruiter". Someone that has a great reputation in the club soccer world for developing gods players and creating strong attacking teams or great defensive teams (or both).

It's possible. Look at Arkansas. Even more revealing is Mississippi State. They were once the perennial "door mat" in the SEC. Now they are competitive annually. Over the years the head coach at A&M has been good, even very good at times, but the landscape in women's soccer has changed. There is more competition and far more balance. We won't out recruit Stanford, North Carolina, Duke, Texas, UCLA, USC,
Penn State (the usual long list of suspects) but we should be able to recruit against most other schools. If the coaches can't, then it's time for a change at the top.
taylorswift13_
Let's stay a non competitive average to below average in the sec bubble team forever wooooooo hooooooo! Coach G will turn it around at some point if you believe hard enough… just ignore the horrible recruiting, the failures in the transfer portal, our top girls leaving, and other Texas teams and sec teams improving and turning their programs around, winning 14 of his last 39 sec games, the smaller crowds, the disgruntled fan base, Coach G throwing his girls under the bus in post game interviews (when he decides to do them because he usually runs away and skips them after a loss), if we ignore all that and believe, Coach G will turn this all around! Give him an extension, he just needs more time to figure this thing out!
mullokmotx
AG
Chris Henderson of All White Kit had this preview on "X":

"Alabama's not dead on the bubble yet after a draw with Auburn, but time is running out for a run up the rankings. A&M has the results to stick on the bubble, but they also are teetering towards falling out of bubble ranking range with a loss."
taylorswift13_
1-0 Alabama
Gap
AG
MookieBlaylock
AG
Even gump plays kick and run better than coach G string
Jimma
It appears the first thought on the girls mind is playing defense even when they have possession of the ball. Pante appears to be the only one with the drive to attack the goal but unfortunately it's usually only her or maybe one other player with her. I don't know if the offensive problem is recruiting or coaching. I've watched them since 96 and there have been offensive minded players throughout the years but lately not so much. I wish there was a simple answer and the Aggies played like Arkansas.
taylorswift13_
We had a throw in near the corner and it went untouched past the line for a goal kick lol, never seen that before lol
taylorswift13_
Halftime down 1-0 aside from the first 5 minutes I don't think we've been able to posses the ball whatsoever
taylorswift13_
Bama rested their star forward who made the goal the last 20 minutes of the half
Gap
AG
It sucks to be trailing just based on the individual lapse in the video. That just can't happen.
Soccer1
We can't hold the ball for any extended period of time. We tend to pass to the outside player and they have nowhere to go or we are sending the ball long. We need to work the ball more through the middle of the field.
taylorswift13_
Calzada helped off the field
Soccer1
Need to get someone else in for Ivey
taylorswift13_
Offside issues for Pante continue
RockW1997
AG
What has happened to Bella James? After the red card we have hardly seen her
Diego
AG
RockW1997 said:

What has happened to Bella James? After the red card we have hardly seen her
injury
RockW1997
AG
Thanks. Could really use her energy
RockW1997
AG
Bama just wants this more
MookieBlaylock
AG
#6:is a cone
taylorswift13_
It feels like we have 9 girls out there
taylorswift13_
MookieBlaylock said:

#6:is a cone
a cone can defend at least
RockW1997
AG
Welll that was …uninspiring

And again we shot just into a defender's legs
Soccer1
Gotta get Ivey off the field
oklaunion
I can't be critical of the back line kicking the ball long. Probably a better chance of connecting with our forwards as opposed to the mid fielders keeping possession for more than a couple of touches.
dtk9119
This is the worst midfield A&M has ever rostered, AWFUL. No wonder the back line boots it long every time.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Georgia has peaches and Bama has pears

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.