******BTHO Alabama******

4,722 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by GigEm200$
RockW1997
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
When was our last shot. It seems like forever ago
AggieCrew44
AG
Outside of 2 players this team is horrific
taylorswift13_
One team was faster, smarter, stronger, talented, and worked well together… the other was coached by G
taylorswift13_
That's our 3rd opponent who gets their first sec win against the Texas A&M Aggies
taylorswift13_
14 wins in our last 40 sec games
blake2003
AG
Another loss. Becoming the norm. Not even surprised anymore.
aggiedrjdub
AG
taylorswift13_ said:

One team was faster, smarter, stronger, talented, and worked well together… the other was coached by G

This made me lol.
Gig'em Aggies! c/o '98 W H O O P!
taylorswift13_
Gotta add some humor in what's gonna be an angry thread throughout the week lol
taylorswift13_
Next up on the schedule is 11-1-1 Arkansas and 11-1 Miss State, both top 3 RPI's… sounds fun
aggiedrjdub
AG
14 wins out of 40 is crazy. About to be 14 out of 42.
Gig'em Aggies! c/o '98 W H O O P!
Rambotx
Seems Alabama just wanted it more tonight. They were rewarded with the win. I still wonder why Pounds plays every minute of every game. That's a tough task for any player. She doesn't seem to have the speed of foot or toughness in the run of play.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Maile Hayes has 7 goals for USC

Prob shouldnt have run her off
Gap
AG
The want it more thing has become a theme. I'm not sure this team has an identity or a leader.
TRM
AG
She wouldn't have any service to get 7 goals here.
HeyAbbott
AG
Nothing will improve or change until Coach G is gone.
HiddenAg2
This was a sad, pitiful performance tonight. Uninspired, go through the motions type of effort that won't beat anyone. We had flashes early in the game with Pante and a few shots that we probably should have scored, but after that is was complete domination by the Tide, who clearly were playing with an edge. They are so much better in the attacking third than we are, much better organized and coached. We look lost and frustrated because our girls know we are not going to score because we cannot hold any possession long enough to get forward into the attack. Like someone else mentioned, this is probably the worst midfield in G's 34 seasons at A&M, Becerra is talented but she has no help at all and she is more of a one dimensional attacking player.

A&M dropped to 55 in the RPI, so we still have a chance if we can pull an upset over Arkansas or Miss St, but I'd advise not losing to LSU or that could be it. But right now this team is out of sync and just doesn't have enough weapons to score enough goals to win games. The coaches really need to find a better chemistry on the field, or shake something up at this point because what they are doing is not working. We are sinking fast.
mullokmotx
AG
I did not know James was hurt. Now Macy Matula, Fetzer and Calzada are hurt and Fuller is not 100%. I thought Campbell did a decent job in place of Calzada. A team has to have a .500 record to qualify for an at-large bid and we need to have a winning record going into the SEC Tournament and we are only 3 points above the 13th place team, which is our next opponent LSU.
Soccer1
We were outplayed by a well coached possession team. We were lucky if we could string together 3-4 passes at a time before panicking and sending the long ball or turning it over. The defense still continues to play a very direct style of soccer. One of the announcers keys to the game is that A&M needs to show patience on the ball. This teams has very little patience on the ball to let things develop. The one forward that lets things developed is Wilkerson. Only played 34 minutes tonight, yet she was our leading scorer last year.

The midfield is really struggling with turnovers, winning 50/50 balls and defense.As was mentioned before why is Pounds playing 90 minutes, she was really struggling to defend down the stretch. Keep in mind she has been the one constant in the midfield over the last 4 years. Ivey has really struggled over the last few games with turnovers and defending. She seems to struggle playing more physical teams.

This is a very poorly coached team. We play a style of soccer that makes it very difficult to win games against good possession teams at the top level who match up with us athletically. We need to make adjustments to the lineup with players that can hold onto the ball and work the ball into the final 3rd. I see many players trying to do too much with the ball instead of making the simple pass. Unfortunately I think we are going to see the same thing going forward.
Observer1
The failures of this season have to do with coaching. The coaches are looking for their next superstar, not to create a cohesive team that works well together and plays a simple, but effective game. Sure, it would be great to have a superstar (and one might actually emerge if the team was coached properly), but they don't, so the coaches need to adapt. As recent transfers have highlighted, players are not reaching their potential here. That says to me that the coaches are not using the players they have well and are not coaching them to reach their potential. The coaches have players on the bench who know how to hold the ball and complete simple, but effective passes. The ladies on this team have more potential than this. It's not a lack of effort, it's a lack of leadership. In the real world, a company would never put up with this lack of accountability by the leadership.
GigEm200$
There are certainly a number of issues when a season as unsuccessful as this one takes place. One thing is certain, there will be change next year. There will be an entire new group of players. whether it is the current staff making those changes or a new coaching staff making those changes, it is yet to be seen. But change will come and we will have a new group of Aggies to support. Gig em!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.