******BTHO Vandy******

6,220 Views | 78 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by mullokmotx
HiddenAg2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MookieBlaylock said:

Coach G yucking it up with the Vandy coach after getting his arse handed to him again

Disgusting
I have to admit this did bother me. I mean, I understand he is friends with a lot of these coaches in the SEC, but it's not a good look to a fanbase that is already asking questions about his future here. I want my coaches to be upset and disappointed after losses. You can call the coach later and smile all you want away from the cameras. At least show that you care that you lost the game.
taylorswift13_
RPI is now 52

Teams left on schedule
@Bama - 86
LSU - 49
@Arkansas - 2
Miss State - 3
Soccer1
Well said. With comments like these from G it shows the coaches are aren't holding players accountable. Let's just chalk it up to bad luck. Finishing is still an issue. You have 2 very offensively minded midfielders who didn't defend well, back line had difficulty defending balls put in the box, and keeper play was obviously not what it would have be if Fuller was in goal. Other than that we didn't deserve to lose the game. Accountability is a major problem with this program. You have coaches who aren't being held accountable for the state of this program over the last 3+ years, and now you have coaches not holding players accountable for a poor performance.
Observer1
Agree. The program really does require a coaching change, both G and Stephenson need to be replaced by younger, more adaptable coaches. It seems clear that the current coaches refuse to alter their course on style of play or player selection. Based on G's comments after this game and prior games, it appears he feels the team is just unlucky and these losses have absolutely nothing to do with coaching or selection of individuals getting significant playing time. There are possibly three players on this current team that deserve 100% play time. The rest should be made to fight for every minute they get. Nothing improves overall performance like a fair fight. I anticipate that they will see more quality players leaving this program or de-committing. After so many years of watching this program, it's sad to see its drastic decline.
mullokmotx
AG
I watched the replay of Armenta being taken down in the box. The Vandy player grabbed Armenta's jersey with her left hand and to me Armenta was held up allowing the Vandy player to touch the ball before the takedown.
sharpdressedman
mullokmotx said:

The recap on 12th man.com says defender that took Armenta down in the box had a fistful of jersey.
I have observed watching many games that grabbing opponents' jerseys is done with frequency to either gain an advantage or compensate for being beaten on a play. Rightly, it is a foul.

Why not put the players in much closer-fitting jerseys and tuck them into their shorts? My workout gear is close-fitting and very comfortable during lengthy exercise and running sessions due to the materials with which they are made. The fabrics do not feel binding, do not restrict movement, and do not create a felling of overheating.

Having a long, baggy shirt invites an opponent to grab it to gain advantage, which is why football jerseys are closely fitted.

Just a thought. I would appreciate being enlightened by our soccer enthusiasts as to why this idea is not favored.
Rudyjax
AG
sharpdressedman said:

mullokmotx said:

The recap on 12th man.com says defender that took Armenta down in the box had a fistful of jersey.
I have observed watching many games that grabbing opponents' jerseys is done with frequency to either gain an advantage or compensate for being beaten on a play. Rightly, it is a foul.

Why not put the players in much closer-fitting jerseys and tuck them into their shorts? My workout gear is close-fitting and very comfortable during lengthy exercise and running sessions due to the materials with which they are made. The fabrics do not feel binding, do not restrict movement, and do not create a felling of overheating.

Having a long, b**** shirt invites an opponent to grab it to gain advantage, which is why football jerseys are closely fitted.

Just a thought. I would appreciate being enlightened by our soccer enthusiasts as to why this idea is not favored.

It's about how they look. Remember in the 1990s how ba g g y they were?
missinAggieland
AG
Why not just call the game like it's supposed to be called?

One of our player stripped their offensive player (17) of the ball. The Vandy player immediately is grabbing our player - shirt, hair, anything within reach. No call. It was clear she was beat and her only defense was to claw at our defender.

Do we tell the girls to shave their heads or wear buns? I mean if the hair is long and just up in a ponytail or braids, the opposing player can grab hair.

Just call the damn game using the rule book provided.
mullokmotx
AG
The Vandy keeper was named SEC Defensive Player of the Week.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.