******BTHO Vandy******

6,221 Views | 78 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by mullokmotx
CDub06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thursday, October 10: 7PM
Texas A&M vs. Vanderbilt
College Station, Texas
TV: SEC+

Next up for the Aggies is a home match with the Vanderbilt Commodores. This game kicks off on Thursday at 7PM and can be streamed on SEC+.

Vandy hasn't had much luck in conference after beginning the season 5-0-2. They're winless in SEC play with an 0-2-3 record. To be fair, they have run through some of the top teams in the league. Losses came to Georgia (0-1), Arkansas (0-2), and ties came at Auburn (2-2), at Tennessee (1-1), and against South Carolina (1-1).

It's probably not fair to suggest Vanderbilt is as bad as their league record suggests. Their worst conference opponent thus far (Tennessee) sits about even with A&M on the RPI line. This should be a pretty even match between two middle of the pack SEC teams looking for wins. A&M should have the advantage of homefield.
jt2hunt
AG
Didn't they rail us last year?
mullokmotx
AG
USC tied them with 52 seconds left.

At the radio show tonight it was announced that Assistant Coach Alyssa Mautz got engaged over the weekend so congratulations to her and her fiance.
taylorswift13_
jt2hunt said:

Didn't they rail us last year?
6-0
missinAggieland
AG
I put some of this on the SEC This Week thread:

I've seen Vandy play multiple times this season, including the Georgia game. Vandy could have won that game. Their shots were either off mark or no one was on the backside to finish.

Vandy plays a lot on the outside of the field, largely on the left side. At times they look like they don't take advantage of their midfield. Kind of run and shoot style. They play a very physical, fast game. They are dangerous.
CDub06
AG
I fed all of the game threads thus far into AI and it spit out this podcast:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13fOSj3Luqu2NcCzjygwsjenK4Qka10-X/view?usp=sharing
taylorswift13_
Oh my goodness, I can't wait to hear this rollercoaster, you are awesome
taylorswift13_
Main theme in the AI podcast is that we just keep kicking the ball to Navasota LOL! And I got a shoutout lol
aggiedrjdub
AG
taylorswift13_ said:

Main theme in the AI podcast is that we just keep kicking the ball to Navasota LOL! And I got a shoutout lol
hilarious(ly accurate)! lol
Gig'em Aggies! c/o '98 W H O O P!
aggiedrjdub
AG
CDub06 said:

I fed all of the game threads thus far into AI and it spit out this podcast:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13fOSj3Luqu2NcCzjygwsjenK4Qka10-X/view?usp=sharing
This is amazing. What app did you use for this?
Gig'em Aggies! c/o '98 W H O O P!
CDub06
AG
Notebook LM is an experimental project from Google. The podcast thing is a feature on that.

It's kind of like one of the Google Labs creations from back in the day. It's pretty amazing for what it does.

https://notebooklm.google.com/
mullokmotx
AG
Chris Henderson of All White Kit put out his first NCAA Tournament bubble watch and wrote this:

"Texas A&M may be far down the RPI ranking order in the SEC but has wins against TCU and Auburn which gives it a whole lot of wiggle room. Barring a late collapse, the Aggies should be in great shape for an at-large bid down the stretch."

And this about Vanderbilt:

"Vanderbilt doesn't have a win in the SEC and their best RPI win is over #78 Columbia. They do have a cache of strong draws, but would that really be enough? The main target has to be Kentucky this Sunday, the only team in the RPI Top 40 left on Vandy's schedule. A loss there could create some major headaches in the last weeks of the regular season."
MookieBlaylock
AG
Vandy beat #1 Bama
Calzada beat #1 Bama

Somethings got to give
mullokmotx
AG
Looks like Fuller is wearing a boot on her left foot.
missinAggieland
AG
We are so close to the stadium, I'm pumped. Flew in from Nashville for Ring Day events for my son. Getting to watch the Ags play Vandy is a bonus!
jkag89
Let's Do This!
taylorswift13_
mullokmotx said:

Grace McClellan might still have ptsd from being in goal against Vandy last year
frankie00
taylorswift13_ said:

mullokmotx said:

Grace McClellan might still have ptsd from being in goal against Vandy last year
Nah, she's ready to go!
fitzwatema
AG
Let's go Aggies! BTHO Vandy.
jkag89
Dores 1 - Fightin' Texas Aggies 0
blake2003
AG
Horrific keeper play.
Gap
AG
Wow. Way too easy a goal given up. We didn't have anyone compete for the ball on the corner kick.
rausr
AG
They made it look easy off a corner
taylorswift13_
"I didn't know you could even score on those corner kick things" - Aggie soccer fans
taylorswift13_
We keep kicking it to Navasota
rausr
AG
Missing wide left and wide right, but at least some aggression.
Aggie Futbol
Bad defending and questionable keeper play on that Vandy goal. Macy Matula is struggling out there tonight. Aimless long balls and poor passes. Maybe she isn't feeling well tonight.

Andersen Williams just struggles on the ball. She plays hard and has a good grasp of on field strategy. The knee injuries have really held her back. We need Pounds to do way more in central midfield role. Bacerra's blistering start this year has faded. The opposing teams know what she is all about now so work much harder to lock her down. She is very talented.

Let's move Armenta up to an outside mid position. We need her offensive capabilities. There has to be someone on the bench who can play a solid outside back. Right?
jkag89
Dores 1 - Fightin' Texas Aggies 0
Half
Gap
AG
Vandy doesn't score much and doesn't allow many goals. They have to be pleased with where things stand at the half.
jt2hunt
AG
Come on Ags!
taylorswift13_
I've always believed Armenta was a weapon with the ball!!!
mullokmotx
AG
Macy Matula has her thigh wrapped in ice. Looks like Fetzer starting this half.
Gap
AG
Ref missed a pretty obvious take down and foul on Vandy in the box.

25 to play
Rudyjax
AG
Gap said:

Ref missed a pretty obvious take down and foul on Vandy in the box.

25 to play

Yeah. The color guy said it wasn't a penalty because she got a toe on the ball. Such a lack of understanding the laws of the game. If she doesn't take her down after the touch the Aggie is still getting to the ball.
Rudyjax
AG
Is that a non Aggie band playing Mr Brightside??
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.