******BTHO TCU******

5,417 Views | 84 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by taylorswift13_
taylorswift13_
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I will always cheer but I have to ask, can I get my hopes up or will it end in despair
Soccer1
Good quality win tonight. Good individual efforts on the goals by McDonald and Pante. Best goal I've seen from McDonald since she's been at A&M. Still a bit to much long ball and lack of possession. Defense and midfield did a good job closing out the game. Great game by Fuller with the shutout. Hopefully we can continue this momentum going into SEC play.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Idk. This was a different team in the second half. I'd say there's hope if they can play like that. We have some holes but we covered them pretty well against a good team tonight.
Gig'em Aggies! c/o '98 W H O O P!
Gap
AG
Tonight was a real glimmer of hope for the season. It was by far the best they played all year. If they sell out and play like this every game, they can be pretty dang good.

We also played a lot of people and did so without any let down. I hope the girls continue to take advantage of their minutes and our depth becomes a real advantage.
CDub06
AG
Tonight was one of the first home games in the last 20+ years that I did not have eyes on at all. What the heck. Are we back?
Giggem
AG
Don't go that far. One game does not "backness" make.
HiddenAg2
First, good win for A&M, Coach G really needed that badly or the season was going to go south quickly.

I thought TCU had the run of play in the first half and overall they are a much better passing and coordinated team in their strategic discipline. It was pretty shocking they didn't score a couple of those chances in the second half as well. However, A&M was very good in the counter game and scored a couple of goals on individual effort by beating defenders (so happy to see this). You don't have to have possession to win soccer games, and with our inability to control the ball in the midfield, this is probably our best strategy going forward. Look for counters when available.

Fuller really impressed me tonight. I think we finally have a GK going forward. McDonald had her best game in a very long time, but we need her to continue it in order for A&M to have a good season. Pante had more energy and was motivated to make an impact, which she did. We just seemed to have a bit more spark in this game than the others so far this season. A&M will need maximum effort to win games.

I didn't expect to lose to Baylor and I didn't expect to beat TCU, so these games cancel out. So 3-2 is probably 1 game behind schedule to make the postseason. Let's see if we can continue this momentum on Sunday.
mullokmotx
AG
I loved the way that Reese Rupe shed tacklers on that run into the box. Thought Wilkinson should have passed the ball wide to Pante on that run down the middle. when both defenders covered Wilkinson.
Anchorhold
Giggem said:

But you might consider giving away your tickets and doing something else on Sunday just to be safe.
AGGIEGMA9
Nope. I'll be there on Sunday just like tonight. Loved the game and win. Way to go ladies.
6 Aggies
wangus12
AG
taylorswift13_ said:

I will always cheer but I have to ask, can I get my hopes up or will it end in despair
My friend this is Texas A&M. You know the answer to that question
jkag89
taylorswift13_ said:

Just enjoy the ride of the season.

And hopefully we'll not have to endure any more games like Baylor.
CDub06
AG
Giggem said:

Did you learn nothing from your time in Austin?
sharpdressedman
It was a well-played game and a much needed win for the Ags. Congratulations to the coaches and players!
taylorswift13_
wangus12 said:

taylorswift13_ said:

My friend this is Texas A&M. You know the answer to that question
happens every sport every season (except women's tennis) but it's about the journey and the friends we make along the way

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.