******BTHO Denver******

11,339 Views | 172 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by aggiedrjdub
stoneca
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I am sorry but Sydney Fuller as goal keeper does not seem to be the answer! Without Mayan Fuller in goal we are much weaker in our defense! The defenders do not seem to be a good job either!
taylorswift13_
And in post game all he's gonna talk about is how they're the best in the summit league… but he forgets we're in the damn SEC
AggieCrew44
AG
Got laughed at last week for saying Lamar was horrifically awful. Use your eyes people. This team will be middle of the pack SEC team again
Aggie1205
AG
Not much of a crowd tonight.
taylorswift13_
Sometimes and even last year Wilkinson plays like she doesn't wanna be out there… just misses easy passes and doesn't fight for balls
stoneca
I also do not like Jasmine Wilkinson in the attack either. She does it seem to have the quickness required even though she was our leader in scoring last year. I much prefer Allison Lowry going forward. This game may be an awakening call to our team!
taylorswift13_
Coach G will mention for the billionth time how we lost 1-0 to Florida State in the tourney
taylorswift13_
stoneca said:

I also do not like Jasmine Wilkinson in the attack either. She does it seem to have the quickness required even though she was our leader in scoring last year. I much prefer Allison Lowry going forward. This game may be an awakening call to our team!
exactly!!!!!
taylorswift13_
Look at the girls with their heads down and lackluster effort… that's coaching
Gap
AG
This is no fluke. Denver is winning almost every individual battle, breaking down our defense, getting better shot opportunities, while we aren't able to possess the ball long enough to put anything together.

The missed "easy"'opportunities up 1-0 just seemed to crush our spirit for the last 40 minutes. Can we turn it around?
MarcAg
AG
stoneca said:

I am sorry but Sydney Fuller as goal keeper does not seem to be the answer! Without Mayan Fuller in goal we are much weaker in our defense! The defenders do not seem to be a good job either!

I don't put much of this on the goalie honestly . I'm not saying she is the answer, but I don't think this game is much different with another goalie.
Gap
AG
There must be some things going on.

Andersen Williams was listed as a starter against Lamar and then did not play due to a cold. She hasn't played tonight either.

Macy Matula didn't play against Lamar and hasn't played in the 2nd half tonight after starting the 1H.

Meanwhile we have subbed in a couple of freshman here in the 2H that it would not have been a surprise if they didn't play.
taylorswift13_
And pre season all American Leah Pirro never sees the field
taylorswift13_
This effort is awful, they're just playing straight up lazy
Aggie1205
AG
taylorswift13_ said:

And pre season all American Leah Pirro never sees the field

I feel like she has been in the game.
Rastin
We have another GK with tons of experience,
Sure they're just trying to get the Freshman some minutes.
Gap
AG
Great set up and Becerra misses wide.
MarcAg
AG
Rastin said:

We have another GK with tons of experience,
Sure they're just trying to get the Freshman some minutes.

That other goalie did not look good last year from what I recall.
stoneca
This may be a reality check for our team. Maybe we are not as good as coach G has proclaimed! I am not impressed by tonight's effort! Though I think it is the coaches choice of lineups and not the players effort!
stoneca
The way we are playing, we deserve to lose. While I hope we rally, I do not see it happening.
Gap
Gap
AG
Wilkinson lays in what should have been a fairly easy one for Lowery and she kicks it wide. Just never gave it any chance. So frustrating.
Gap
AG
First life we have showed this half.

Under 10 to play.
stoneca
We get a better quality opponent, according to coach g, and we play bad. We do not up our game to the opponent! Pitiful!
Aggie1205
AG
When will college refs start enforcing throw in locations? Nothing new this year, but sometimes they are over 20 yards off the spot.
Gap
AG
Big time replay coming. Where did the goalie catch it.

8:05 to play
Gap
AG
No goal
jkag89
Hates bad news from the future.

EDIT: But definitely the correct call.
Gap
AG
Calzada gets a shot from 5 yards out and kicks it 30 feet above the goal and into the street.

5:55 to play
Aggie1205
AG
Gap said:

Calzada gets a shot from 5 yards out and kicks it 30 feet above the goal and into the street.

5:55 to play

Yeah that was bad.
stoneca
There is a reason I think we were picked 7th in our league. Maybe tonight's effort demonstrates why we have been picked that far down. I will keep supporting our team but I am ,unfortunately, not impressed after tonight. Do we have ANY sport we can hope for good performances? I am too old to hope for the future!
Anchorhold
SCORE DAMMIT
Gap
AG
stoneca said:

We get a better quality opponent, according to coach g, and we play bad. We do not up our game to the opponent! Pitiful!

Denver was not a NCAA tourney team last year. The Horizon Conference was a one bid league and they didn't win their conference tournament.
taylorswift13_
During the fall, volleyball will be a safe bet for the tourney, they too were picked 7th in the conference! But I like Coach Jamie Morrison a million times more than Coach G! Women's cross country is a national caliber team
Gap
AG
Pante off the post (again)

2:55 to play

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.