******BTHO Denver******

11,325 Views | 172 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by aggiedrjdub
AggieCrew44
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
In the last two seasons no team has ever hit the crossbar or post more. It's actually astounding how often they do it
Aggie1205
AG
Gap said:

Pante off the post (again)

2:55 to play

We need you to give us some good news from the future for once!
taylorswift13_
I just can't stand how arrogant Coach G is! He tries selling this program for so much more than it is… we are not the team we were a decade ago! Recruits see that and fans see that…

Don't forget last year during the season Coach G told the media that the current goal scorers weren't good enough and they needed to go get transfers… we lose Maile Hayes… he brings in transfers with more of a pedigree than anyone we have on campus and doesn't start any of them
Gap
AG
1 minute to play
stoneca
Jazz has NO quick reflexes! She should have quickly gotten that pass! I have no faith in her unless she happens to dub the right spot at the right time to take a shot! Coach G better see the light or this will be another lost year if possibilities!
LB12Diamond
AG
How many times did he hit the posts?
Soccer1
Embarrassing.
Aggie Futbol
The defense was expected to be our strength this season. As a group, our defensive effort was very poor.
Hard to blame the three goals on our keeper. It was crap defense in front of her.
stoneca
Sorry, but tonight's effort and strategy sucks big time!
blake2003
AG
The program decline continues unabated.
TRM
taylorswift13_
Allison Lowery, Leah Pirro, and Kennedy Clark need to be starting…

Why trot out the same exact lineup from last year minus Maile Hayes, Carissa Boeckmann, and KENNA CALDWELL
MarcAg
AG
Denver looked like the more talented team and the better coached team.
jkag89
Simply outplayed most of the second half.
Anchorhold
Expectations recalibrated.
Aggie1205
AG
taylorswift13_ said:

I just can't stand how arrogant Coach G is! He tries selling this program for so much more than it is… we are not the team we were a decade ago! Recruits see that and fans see that…

Don't forget last year during the season Coach G told the media that the current goal scorers weren't good enough and they needed to go get transfers… we lose Maile Hayes… he brings in transfers with more of a pedigree than anyone we have on campus and doesn't start any of them

Regarding selling the program, what coach doesn't try to sell their program? Even if we aren't the same team, the coaches job is to try to sell the program at all times.
B$Weigem
AG
Coach G is the make version of Jo Evans. It's not facilities. Don't spend more money on soccer facilities - put they money toward women's tennis.
Gap
AG
Absolutely dreadful loss. Nothing else to say.

Too many seniors not on the field for some reason or out on the field whining.

Coaches and players all to blame.
Serious Lee
only caught the last 12 minutes, but the score didnt look like a fluke. denver is better. yikes
LB12Diamond
AG
13 shots first half. Only 2 goals. Same thing as last year, not finishing off their chances.
AggieCrew44
AG
Aggie1205 said:

taylorswift13_ said:

Regarding selling the program, what coach doesn't try to sell their program? Even if we aren't the same team, the coaches job is to try to sell the program at all times.
He/she is ranting
TRM
AG
blake2003 said:

The program decline continues unabated.
We're in another Coach Blair situation, good enough to not be fired, but not as good as we should be.
AggieCrew44
AG
LB12Diamond said:

13 shots first half. Only 2 goals. Same thing as last year, not finishing off their chances.
Yep. I don't doubt the defensive issues will get fixed. They do nearly every year. It's gonna come down to can they finish chances. The crossbar curse (incredible how often they do it) remains but they HAVE to be better. Really inexcusable some of the chances they missed tonight
taylorswift13_
Aggie1205 said:

taylorswift13_ said:

I understand that, but he makes so much excuses for losses and makes it seem like we have the best team in the country… it's embarrassing and I'm tired of him thinking is fans are clueless can't see through his fallacies
Gap
AG
The same great athletes haven't known where the ball was going when it leaves their foot for 4 years.
AggieCrew44
AG
taylorswift13_ said:

Aggie1205 said:

taylorswift13_ said:

I understand that, but he makes so much excuses for losses and makes it seem like we have the best team in the country… it's embarrassing and I'm tired of him thinking is fans are clueless can't see through his fallacies
"Coach G fooled me again with his confidence preseason"

Sounds like the fans are clueless enough
taylorswift13_
Sorry for wanting to believe in this team… I'll still be here watching every game and hoping for the best! Hope to talk soccer every match with all of y'all!
HeyAbbott
AG
We haven't been good the last few years under Coach G and it is time for him to retire along with Coach Henry.
taylorswift13_
Give Henry one more year, I bet he wins a title on the guys side this year!
taylorswift13_
Don't know a lot about Fairfield but hopefully we can put on a show for the fish camp game!
AggieCrew44
AG
taylorswift13_ said:

Sorry for wanting to believe in this team… I'll still be here watching every game and hoping for the best! Hope to talk soccer every match with all of y'all!
Ill be their biggest cheerleader as well. Have been for 15+ years

The rest of the country has caught up, with the program. The sport has completely changed. G used to have a pipeline with clubs in states like Colorado and Cali, but those players aren't coming anymore. The schools near their home have caught up in support and they are staying closer to home. He has to re-evaluate his Texas recruiting and go after the best players.

And stop hitting the post 3+ times a game would help too lol
Gap
AG
I'll be there too. It sucks to buy into the hype and then watch the reality crash right in front of you in home game #1 of the season with the same issues as last season plus some new ones.
stoneca
We played like crap tonight and deserved to lose! After 32 +/- years maybe we need another,better coach! Also a sense of urgency from the team! I say "the" team because I would be pissed at our effort and execution tonight if it were a team I was on!
AggieCrew44
AG
A lot of the "effort" complaints are more just they aren't that talented. They are giving effort

We have 4-5 "good"college players and then a bunch of just average ones. But no real difference makers and we've lacked one for almost a decade now, especially up front
taylorswift13_
Not an expert on high school soccer but I'm certain that we are falling even more and more behind in recruiting all the top Texas talent is going out of state or to tu

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.