2023 Soccer Selection Monday

4,804 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by Gap
Gap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Chris Henderson is working his bracket now. Here is a preview of all the teams he has in and then specifically the bubble.

CapCityAg89
AG
Beat the hell outta tu
MookieBlaylock
AG
LSU is terrible how are they a lock
Gap
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

LSU is terrible how are they a lock
LSU is his 2nd to last team in. But he has a pool of 4 teams that he thinks could go either way: 2 will be in, 2 will be out.
Gap
AG
CapCityAg89 said:

Beat the hell outta tu
For those that didn't look at Henderson's models, both of his models (system seeding and gut feeling) have us playing at Texas. (also SMU playing at Texas Tech). I don't think this is like last year as this year Texas was in the same boat as us about a week ago.
nosoupforyou
AG
wow - so we're pretty confident that we make the tournament? amazing after the rough start
Gap
AG
We are definitely not a lock. But, I'd say 70/30 that we are in. 30% is still pretty material for the downside.

But fingers crossed.
Diego
AG
Texas A&M to host Colorado at Ellis Field in first round! 7pm Friday
CDub06
AG
Wow. I'm going to have to adjust my weekend...I was certain we'd be shipped out of town.
CDub06
AG
Aggie Soccer shows us playing at 7PM on Friday.
BQ_90
AG
CDub06 said:

Wow. I'm going to have to adjust my weekend...I was certain we'd be shipped out of town.

I think we all figured that
TCWave
How about them Aggies ...top 32. 4 players ALL SEC, 2 SEC tournament team selections. Let's focus on what they've done well....look back at the chatter and one might think this team actually wouldn't make the tournament. We have a ton of strength to work from a foundational back line, midfielders that were cited for ball handling and distribution skills by opposing SEC coaches and some serious fire power (look at SOG vs UGA and compare to ARK vs UGA).. Top it off with a goalkeeper that is plying lights out and you have something we can get behind. #BTHOColorado
wangus12
AG
DuncanField91
AG
Ooooo let's get to that FSU revenge match! Then onto Wisconsin...
MadDog73
AG
When will tickets be available?
MookieBlaylock
AG
Like Miracle Max said - we were only mostly dead after Vandy
BQ_90
AG
Anyone gotten anything on tickets
MookieBlaylock
AG
Other than them accusing our staff of stealing their bling, what else can we expect from Buffalo?
Expert Analysis
AG
Awesome.
Soccer1
Chris Henderson:

The A&M seed is the absolute worst decision from the bracket though.

They were tied for 13th in my ranking of teams 31-57. They were 49th in the RPI!
Soccer1
Chris Henderson:

I just got to the end of the first quadrant, and Texas A&M being seeded (?!?) and over Ohio State (???) is one of the most insanely indefensible things I've seen in my years of bracketology.
HiddenAg2
This was a generous seeding by the committee (for once) but the penalty is having FSU in the second round. It's amazing how thin the line is between being seeded in a bracket and missing the tourney altogether. Had we lost to LSU and then first game in the SEC tourney, we miss the NCAAs.

First game is at home which is huge and Colorado is very beatable. Reaching the 2nd round is an improvement over last year, albeit only slightly.
Diego
AG
HiddenAg2 said:

This was a generous seeding by the committee (for once) but the penalty is having FSU in the second round. It's amazing how thin the line is between being seeded in a bracket and missing the tourney altogether. Had we lost to LSU and then first game in the SEC tourney, we miss the NCAAs.

First game is at home which is huge and Colorado is very beatable. Reaching the 2nd round is an improvement over last year, albeit only slightly.

We can beat Florida State
HiddenAg2
Diego said:

HiddenAg2 said:

We can beat Florida State
That FSU team we played in August was not at full strength and they are a much better team now. It's a tall order to expect us to win at their place.
Gap
AG
Love our selection reaction here.

taylorswift13_
They seemed just as surprised as we did
taylorswift13_
You and your brackets can suck it Chris Henderson
aggiesoccer#1fan
AG
Chris Henderson:

I just got to the end of the first quadrant, and Texas A&M being seeded (?!?) and over Ohio State (???) is one of the most insanely indefensible things I've seen in my years of bracketology.

Are you new, Chris? You clearly missed the multitude of screw-jobs the Aggies have received over the years... 1997 at the top of the list.
BQ_90
AG
BQ_90 said:

Anyone gotten anything on tickets
anyone????
tamufan
Message said "buy tickets at the gate." That seems to apply to season ticket holders as well. Perhaps the announcement Monday of our post-season home game was such a surprise that the athletic department had no desire to have advanced sales to season ticket holders that they expected would only have to be refunded. And now there is no time.
Diego
AG
tamufan
AND THIS JUST APPEARED:

12TH MAN FOUNDATION
Aggie Soccer Postseason Information
Season ticket holders have until noon on Wednesday, Nov. 8, to opt out of purchasing their season ticket locations for the NCAA Women's Soccer first round match played at Ellis Field.

The Texas A&M Aggies will kick off their NCAA Tournament appearance on Friday, Nov. 10, when they host Colorado in an NCAA Division I Women's Soccer Championship first round match at Ellis Field.
Start time is slated for 7 p.m.
As a 2023 Aggie Soccer season ticket holder, you will retain your season ticket locations and be charged to the card on file unless you choose to opt out prior to noon on Wednesday, Nov. 8. Pricing is as follows:

First Round Pricing (fees included)
Center Circle- $23
Midfield- $17
Sideline- $12
General Admission- $10

If you do not want NCAA Women's Soccer first round tickets, you have until noon on Wednesday, Nov. 8, to opt out of purchasing your season ticket locations.

General Admission tickets will go on sale to the general public beginning at 10 a.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 7.

Parking will be available at Reed Arena (Lot 100) for $10 - cash or card will be accepted.
skrockit88
AG
Thank you thank you....When I called them this morning the person on the phone could not tell me the plan....
Expert Analysis
AG
tamufan said:

Parking will be available at Reed Arena (Lot 100) for $10 - cash or card will be accepted.
Wonder if parking passes will be free?
dtk9119
Do students get in free w/ their sports pass?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.