******BTHO Tennessee******

6,210 Views | 87 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by MookieBlaylock
HiddenAg2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
While Wilkinson came up huge for A&M today with a hat trick through great individual effort, it's a season saving save by Caldwell that keeps our hopes alive for an NCAA tournament bid. Tennessee should have gone up 4-2 in the second half when a ball bounced 4 yards from goal onto a Vols foot and a hard low shot was saved on a diving, fully stretched Caldwell arm to push it wide. That kept it 3-2 and set up the incredible 2 minute Wilkinson show to turn the match around and win it for the Aggies. It was an inspiring effort down the stretch when it looked like A&M's season was basically over.

The coaches again waited until 15 minutes left or so to insert the lineup we all agree is the best attacking formation, this time with the addition of Wilkinson. I'm not sure why we can't start this lineup? It works and could be a major difference maker if we make it to the postseason.

The Vols back line was one of the worst we've faced this season for sure, but we took advantage of it. Tennessee, outside of Fusco, doesn't look like a very good team and it's amazing they have a Top 30 RPI, which obviously helped us lot by winning on the road and now moving up to #41. That's close to NCAA lock status (usually Top 35 has you in the tourney for sure), so the game at LSU on Thursday is crucial to at least get a tie and not lose momentum going into the SEC tourney. I think the Ags secured no worse than the No.8 seed there, so if we can win a game or two that should ensure our NCAA trip.

It's amazing how slim a margin there is between being in or out of the NCAA tourney when you are on the bubble and the difference between a win or loss is so huge. Had Wilkinson not come up with those late goals, it's not pleasant to think what the discussion would be around here right now. The bottom line is that we won a game we should have won based on the run of the play and now we can look forward to potentially ending LSU's season on Thursday.
blake2003
AG
What. A. Comeback. Incredible.

I'll be at the match in Baton Rouge.
Rambotx
Rambotx
Rambotx
Rambotx
Rambotx
Rambotx
Rambotx
Had fought and well deserved Win!
Rambotx
Landmark Win for the Aggies!
mullokmotx
AG
I think it was Fetzer who headed the ball in to Wilkinson for the tying goal. She played 17 minutes.
mullokag
Gap
AG
mullokmotx said:

I think it was Fetzer who headed the ball in to Wilkinson for the tying goal. She played 17 minutes.
It definitely was Fetzer. Identified by her green shoes if there was any doubt.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Gap said:

mullokmotx said:

It definitely was Fetzer. Identified by her green shoes if there was any doubt.

Yes her and jernigan playing late season road games .
mullokmotx
AG
We have 4 wins in conference play which we have not had the 2 previous seasons. We clinched a spot in the conference tournament. I believe it is the second time we had a player with a hat trick against UT: Shea Groom had one in 2014. Not sure the last time we gave up a hat trick. I wonder if we ever had a game in which a player on each team had a hat trick.
mullokag
MookieBlaylock
AG
mullokmotx said:

We have 4 wins in conference play which we have not had the 2 previous seasons. We clinched a spot in the conference tournament. I believe it is the second time we had a player with a hat trick against UT: Shea Groom had one in 2014. Not sure the last time we gave up a hat trick. I wonder if we ever had a game in which a player on each team had a hat trick.

Yeah our stats on the line are very lacking
mullokmotx
AG
Our RPI is at 43 on the NCAA website. LSU is at 44.
mullokag
NJ75AGfdt
Looking for an answer please. I turned on the game just in time to our 3rd and 4th goals--the fourth was a thing of beauty IMO. Late in the game our defensive line was "long kicking" to clear our goal and not trying "to build possession" by using passes to get out of our half of the field. I have noticed at times the better times the better opponents "build from the back" and pass their way out unless the attack is dire against them. Question: do we build from the back and get the ball to the mid-fielders who feed the forwards, or do we repeatedly kick long and hope the forwards can contest and win the ball? Late in the game that worked and ate up clock, but it is a crap shoot. Probably, more often than not, the ball switches sides of the field and our opposition starts a rush. Thanx for insight.
"It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man," Psalm 118:8.

"In God we trust...all others pay cash!"
MookieBlaylock
AG
Not sure if serious

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.