******BTHO Washington State******

9,725 Views | 120 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Expert Analysis
dtk9119
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Expert Analysis said:

Ag4eva95 said:

This is an overreaction. Haven't been good in quite a few years

We won the SEC and made the elite 8 3 years ago. G turned it around after a couple bad years about a decade ago. We are now coming off a couple real bad years. We have enough talent this year to be good.
That was the COVID year so I'm not sure it is a completely valid comp.

I got roasted on here the other night simply saying this program is stagnant and G is not getting it done. Since making the college cup in 2015 this program has... I'll use a different word... not progressed, in fact regressed. Yes they've got some SEC champs since then but what else do they have to show for it? The last few years have been especially disappointing considering the resources A&M has. Maybe building the new soccer complex will help bring in better talent. But I don't think it's a talent issue though, it's a tactical and developmental issue which goes back to coaching. G has built a great program at A&M. HIs camps are great -- my kids attended them for years. The atmosphere at Ellis is unmatched in college soccer -- credit to G for that too. But at some point you have to just admit it's time for a change. That said he is mostly a walk around coach and recruiter at this point (does he still work w/ GKs?). Maybe look at Phil and the rest of the staff? Bottom line is something is not right and with the resources and recruiting potential A&M has you should at minimum be drawing vs the likes of FL State and easily beating WSU.

This sounds like a broken record when it comes to A&M athletics.. it's pretty much the same across the board.

Hopefully, they bounce back and improve as HIdden and others have said. We'll be at the Baylor game next weekend rooting them on.
Gap
AG
Expert Analysis said:

One is a talented freshman (Margo) and the other has played many positions for the team (Macy) none of which were CB.
I don't see Macy Matula as a CB either. I'd keep Macy on the outside.

Pante is another that I'm not sure what is best for her. She creates chances but really has trouble finishing.

Cornog has been good for our team. She didn't have her best game tonight, but I assume it was a one-off.

Also, they need to keep McDonald's role exactly as is - where she can attack with those long balls down the side instead of in the middle in a lot of traffic. This has allowed her game to flourish.

Anyone know Kate Colvin's status?
Aceswimmer09
This is something you say after a close loss to FSU, not after losing at home to a horrible team. The loss to WSU proved in fact that he cannot get it back after two "real bad years". I'd fire him now and begin the search, but he just got extended so he's here for the duration of the contract
BQ_90
AG
Expert Analysis said:

Anyone else attending the games think the new gate area at the NW corner is worse than the old gate area?

Totally, if basically forms a single line instead oh having multiple lines into,the stadium
AggieCrew44
AG
Aceswimmer09 said:

This is something you say after a close loss to FSU, not after losing at home to a horrible team. The loss to WSU proved in fact that he cannot get it back after two "real bad years". I'd fire him now and begin the search, but he just got extended so he's here for the duration of the contract
lol one outcome proves nothing

You play a season for a reason. What an overreaction
Rudyjax
AG
We're so bad they're talking about the soccer team on the premium sport board.
Rudyjax
AG
It got to 112 in College Station yesterday, and we got out played by a team who a hot day is 90 degrees. WTF.
CDub06
AG
Baylor is make or break.
Soccer1
Another tough loss. What I saw as this teams biggest problems are possession, defensive breakdowns, and finishing. Cornog is usually solid on the ball, but for some reason she was playing to many long balls that resulted in turnovers. This was a big problem last year with our CBs. Calzada looked solid and showed her speed and her ability to be in the attack. Need to get her outside to be more involved. I liked the move of putting Mutula at CB. Tough break on the penalty. Pounds turned the ball over to much. There were a few times Geczik left her man open on the backside and it finally resulted in a goal. Gotta have better awareness. McDonald had another good game and is becoming the threat we needed up top. Boeckmann and Hayes looked good as well. However, finishing is an issue. We outshot WSU 15-6. As far as possession goes the back line has to to do better job connecting with the midfield. It seemed as if the backline was mainly focused on putting the ball over the top to McDonald and have her outrun the defense. Gotta have better build up connecting with the midfield and let them work with the forwards. Becerra and Leb were mentioned earlier and they were solid possession players from what I saw last season. We are team that likes to play more up the lines and over the top which didn't really get them involved in the possession game. This was mentioned by the announcers last season when we played Texas in the first round of the playoffs. I've always been a fan of an FSU style of play, be patient and take advantage of what the other team gives you. It showed again with their 2-0 win over TCU. This team lacks the patience to build up into the box. Hopefully the coaches get the backline to settle down this week and keep things simple to get the midfield more involved. We can get this season back on track with a win against Baylor.
BQ_90
AG
Gap said:

BQ_90 said:

Anyone getting the app to work on iPhone
It kept crashing on me. It stayed up maybe 10 seconds and then would crash. I tried it several times.
I can't even get the app to work at the office on good wifi.

Anyone know the email address for this guys?????

i found this address in old email, I send them email saying the app isn't working

12thManMarketing@athletics.tamu.edu
TMartin
I thought those girls from the far northwest weren't going to be able to take the unbearable Texas heat?
CDub06
AG
BQ_90 said:

Gap said:

BQ_90 said:

It kept crashing on me. It stayed up maybe 10 seconds and then would crash. I tried it several times.

i found this address in old email, I send them email saying the app isn't working

Glad it's not just me. I've uninstalled and reinstalled a gang of times just to get it to work for more than 5 seconds.
mullokmotx
AG
Washington State soccer senior Grayson Lynch was named the Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Week, the Conference announced Monday afternoon. Lynch earned the honor after netting a brace in the Cougars' 3-2 come-from-behind win at Texas A&M, Sunday evening.
mullokag
taylorswift13
AG
TMartin said:

I thought those girls from the far northwest weren't going to be able to take the unbearable Texas heat?
good one TMartin! How could no one else think of that
BQ_90
AG
CDub06 said:

BQ_90 said:

Gap said:

BQ_90 said:

Glad it's not just me. I've uninstalled and reinstalled a gang of times just to get it to work for more than 5 seconds.
I got reply back to that email saying they will credit me the points. they are saying they are having issues.

So if you want the points you might email them.
Expert Analysis
AG
I will also send them another email for not giving me points for filling out the offseason survey...

The app, when its working, is pretty good.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.