* WC Group D thread (France, Australia, Denmark, Tunisia) *

7,968 Views | 211 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Mathguy64
Rudyjax
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
nereus said:

The people that really need to take referee classes the most are the announcers. I didn't see that game (so maybe that was mentioned in the broadcast but by the posts here it doesn't seem like it probably was or at least wasn't explained well). The announcers should be able to point out that there was a pretty big rule change a couple month ago that changed how the rule is applied in these situations. General fans shouldn't have to be going to referee classes, websites or even TexAgs to learn there was a pretty major change to the rules interpretation that happened in the last few months. The broadcast should be able to cover that sufficiently.
Many of the referees on the forums I"m on didn't have that announcement from Fifa. And many did. So not everyone understood why . But they definitely should've brought in the rules analyst to explain it.
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
For the record Alexi Lalas is a referee. He lives in California I believe and is certified with AYSO. He did that to make himself a better announcer and to give back to the game.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.