* WC Group C thread (Arg., Saudi, Mexico, Poland) *

31,605 Views | 788 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TXAggie2011
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Woj has 9 saves already. He's coming for Tim Howards record
MookieBlaylock
AG
How can you not shoot with your left and play at this level

So bad by Mejico
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Playing desperate and without an ounce of strategy.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Playing desperate and without an ounce of strategy.

Lozano with a beautiful cross
Jarrin' Jay
AG
For all the greatness of Messi, he's never been a great PK taker.

Glad that PK was saved as it was not even remotely a penalty. GK did not interfere with the header attempt at all, so what if he caught Messi on the face slightly, it's a full contact sport.

Still like and want Argentina to win, but that was sports justice Messi missed that PK.
La Bamba
AG
Argentina has been dominating though...hopefully one of their chances goes in second half.
ColoradoMooseHerd
Go Poland!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
snowdog90
For a great deal of my youth, I was usually the best player on the field. I stopped taking penalty kicks around 14 years old when I missed one that led to us losing the city championship. Couldn't sleep for a week, maybe a month.

I can't imagine the pressure Messi was feeling, you could see it etched on his face before the save. I can't stand Ronaldo, but he is money on pk's, better than Messi. Hopefully, Argentina can overcome it, I would hate to see Messi out in the group stage.

MookieBlaylock
AG
I saw Messi beat the robot on PKs
concac
AG
And there it is.
AGC
AG
Kampfers said:

Glad the PK was saved, but kinda feel awful for Messi if they end up losing this game as he's definitely gonna get dragged by the Argentinian press again for not putting that away.

Argentina are one of the teams I'd generally be happy to see win the tourney but glad that call wasn't rewarded.

Feel awful for Messi? He sucks at PKs and has for years. He's the last person surprised by that failure. If he wanted to win he would have handed it off. Sad Messi is best Messi.
La Bamba
AG
Poland can only survive for so long …sorry Poland.
wangus12
AG
**** that was quick
boogieman
AG
The breakthrough
snowdog90
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!
MookieBlaylock
AG
So much spin on that ball

It's like it wanted Mexico to go home
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
We gone
LouisHerbertWong
AG
Of all the shots to go in... Total miss hit.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

We gone

Did they ever show up?
Potcake
AG
Goooooollll
Kampfers
AG
AGC said:

Kampfers said:

Glad the PK was saved, but kinda feel awful for Messi if they end up losing this game as he's definitely gonna get dragged by the Argentinian press again for not putting that away.

Argentina are one of the teams I'd generally be happy to see win the tourney but glad that call wasn't rewarded.

Feel awful for Messi? He sucks at PKs and has for years. He's the last person surprised by that failure. If he wanted to win he would have handed it off. Sad Messi is best Messi.
Lol if he does that he'd get dragged for not taking it and not having a "winners mentality".

Forgive me for not taking joy in the failures of one of the best to ever play the game.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Well at least we don't go home scoreless.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Only 3 more to overtake Polandia
snowdog90
AGC said:

Kampfers said:

I can't understand disliking Messi. I know people do, probably mostly Real fans and South Americans not from Argentina, but he is just otherworldly.
RED AG 98
AG
Strange deal with Messi on pk's because he's outstanding on free kicks. Not the best goal ever but his free kick vs USA at the 2016 Copa is by far the most impressive goal I've ever seen in person. Just an incredible ball. I think he would go on to miss a pk in the final

La Bamba
AG
snowdog90 said:

AGC said:

Kampfers said:

I can't understand disliking Messi. I know people do, probably mostly Real fans and South Americans not from Argentina, but he is just otherworldly.

The dude is the quietest, most to himself mega sports star ever. If you hate Messi you also hate kittens and puppies. You're just a miserable SoB.
concac
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

With the way Argentina is bombarding Poland, I wouldn't be surprised if they score a few more goals.

Mexico still has pretty good chance to advance.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Golazo
concac
AG
And Mexico just scored again. If Argentina/Poland result holds, Mexico just needs one more goal.
RED AG 98
AG
CERTIFIED BANGER right there
tylercsbn9
AG
What a hit from Mexico
La Bamba
AG
I think Argentina gets one more at this rate
MookieBlaylock
AG
Great now we are gonna get a third Chavez street in San Antonio
boogieman
AG
MX gets a second!
A golazo free kick.
Dre_00
One more from Mexico or Argentina and Mexico is in, right?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.