******BTHO Louisiana State University******

4,381 Views | 77 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jessexy
aggiedrjdub
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Y'all. I'm sorry. But our centerbacks are not good. Absolutely ridiculously awful defending. That was probably the worst defending I've seen at the D1 level in a very long time.
Gig'em Aggies! c/o '98 W H O O P!
taylorswift13
AG
dang it MarcAG
Mir San Mir
AG
LSU weak penalty kick goal. 2-2. Direct result of a Sample turnover - I have lost count how many times she has given the ball up this game, at least 10+.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Terrible clear by #23 left Corndog up sticks creek
aggiedrjdub
AG
This is coming from a low soccer IQ, lack of competitive drive, or coaching. Or all of the above. I am shocked by what I'm seeing from G's team these last 2 years.
taylorswift13
AG
Karina Sample is not the player she used to be. Although still great at times, it's clear she has regressed. Scary to say but that's my opinion...
BFFR aggie
cornog carries this back line right now but sadly fouled in the wrong moment it happens
aggiedrjdub
AG
She's not carrying her weight tbh. This team is shockingly bad with ball control and first touch; slow in transition, and soft. This is pissing me off. Ugh
BQ_90
AG
LSU didn't start several starters in second half so they will come back with starters at the end
MarcAg
AG
taylorswift13 said:

Karina Sample is not the player she used to be. Although still great at times, it's clear she has regressed. Scary to say but that's my opinion...

She was not good last year either. She got by on reputation I felt. She might have been playing hurt last year, at least that's what I kept saying. But maybe i was saying that as she wasn't living up to the reputation.

She was not the only one who struggled on defense though. So not saying she is and was sole problem.
taylorswift13
AG
i agree 100% we got carried away with her dominant covid season and the awards she and Katie Smith received. They aren't playing at an all SEC level this year!!
BFFR aggie
i'm saying as an individual she's pulling her weight
jkag89
Lucky that the kitties haven't scored another goal or two.
missinAggieland
AG
Watching on tv…who is the female announcer? Did she play for LSU or BAMA?

jkag89
Still tied at 2 with under ten minutes to play.
taylorswift13
AG
missinAggieland said:

Watching on tv…who is the female announcer? Did she play for LSU or BAMA?

Villanova
taylorswift13
AG
DUMB REFS
jkag89
jkag89
2 all under five minutes to play.
jkag89
Under two minutes, Corner kick for LSU.
taylorswift13
AG
DAMN IT
jkag89
Final: swamp kitties 2 - Aggies 2

Disappointing result after taking an early 2-0 lead.
KCup17
AG
I missed the goals but watched the 2nd half. I have felt this way for a while but A&M teams seems to always be weaker against other opponents. LSU was throwing their weight around in the 2nd half and it looked like we came off for worse.

Other observations is that we have no creativity on the ball. Everything comes down the wings and crossed into the box. And because of that when we do lose the ball in the midfield it is an immediate counter.
Anchorhold
Doesn't that technically end the sec losing streak?
Anchorhold

alamoaggie64
AG
I have seen them three times this year--they have worn black or gold or pink. Does anyone in the program know what our colors are?: I don't care what the occasion is, you wear maroon or white!
jkag89
Anchorhold said:

Doesn't that technically end the losing streak?
Ends the SEC losing streak. Beat Rice 1-0 last Sunday.
mullokmotx
AG
Just 2 terrible mistakes on their second goal. Bad pass directly to a LSU player and then for once we control the ball right to LSU player who got fouled. Just watched the replay and Cornog did leave too soon and was called offside. We could not get out of our defensive end for the first 20 minutes of the second half. We gained a point on 10th place Missouri who is now tied with Auburn with 4 points. We play both of them.
mullokmotx
AG
Chris Henderson of All White Kit had the following post-game comment: "Texas A&M races out to a 2-0 lead against LSU but coughs up their advantage and settles for a 2-2 draw. Aggies still winless in the SEC."

We have won 3 of our last 16 games against SEC opponents, and have won 1 of our last 10 games against SEC opponents.
tamufan
I have defended our right back on past threads but tonight I doubt if she connected on even 1/3 of her passes other than those back to the keeper. ( Of which there are too many but that's on the coaches.) She is a very good 1v1 defender face up, although she sometimes fails to cover runs off the ball. But her biggest failure is her 'contribution' to the offense. Except LSU's offense -- she gave away the ball well into our defensive third on a horrible pass, leading directly to their goal. And on the attack she missed way more passes than she completed. Really this needs to be pointed out and cleaned up. I assume the team keeps such stats. Our defense continues to be porous and she is a big part of that. There are many problems on this team including times when our midfield is just AWOL. But our defensive miscues should be unacceptable, as should be some of those missed passes
MookieBlaylock
AG
Couple of thoughts

The ref tonight was about as bad as it gets
The announcer saying Cornog was way offside is a joke
She was even with the last LSU defender
LSU needs to fire their fitness coach they had 3 players that clearly are talented but way out of shape for an over 40 league
Tough draw and we deserved the win
Coach G has no clue how to substitute this roster and his rotations are terrible

Once CC gets back I like the 4 backs much more better
HiddenAg2
It was good to see the team come out strong tonight with two clinical finishes in front of goal to get the 2-0 lead. That's what they are capable of if they can finish. Unfortunately, the other 2-3 chances in front of goal were kicked over the goal. The PK for LSU was just horrid defense starting with Sample's turnover in the midfield, then a terrible coverage from Smith, culminating in a missed tackle by Leb and foul by Cornog. That was four mistakes in a row to give LSU the tie. At least we didn't lose for once in five tries.

A&M has 1 point in 5 games in the SEC. That is just incredible. I never thought I'd see the program sink to this level, but here we are and now have some tough road matches coming up. Making the SEC tournament is going to be a challenge. The injuries are piling up with Pounds out for the season and our best defender still on the bench in Calzada. We need to figure it out otherwise Coach G is looking at back to back losing seasons.
HiddenAg2
tamufan said:

I have defended our right back on past threads but tonight I doubt if she connected on even 1/3 of her passes other than those back to the keeper. ( Of which there are too many but that's on the coaches.) She is a very good 1v1 defender face up, although she sometimes fails to cover runs off the ball. But her biggest failure is her 'contribution' to the offense. Except LSU's offense -- she gave away the ball well into our defensive third on a horrible pass, leading directly to their goal. And on the attack she missed way more passes than she completed. Really this needs to be pointed out and cleaned up. I assume the team keeps such stats. Our defense continues to be porous and she is a big part of that. There are many problems on this team including times when our midfield is just AWOL. But our defensive miscues should be unacceptable, as should be some of those missed passes
It's been really sad to watch Sample regress badly over the last few years. Not sure what happened but her play is just not acceptable anymore for major playing time. I'd insert Dumond and see if she can complete more passes and not turn the ball over as much. And Katie Smith, who I thought was the best player on the team through the halfway point of last season, also has regressed and is a shell of her former self. Remember that both of these defenders were All-American caliber players just two years ago. Just baffling what happened to them, outside of maybe going to the 3-back set really messed them up. At least we've gone back to four on the back line.
sharpdressedman
mullokmotx said:

We have won 3 of our last 16 games against SEC opponents, and have won 1 of our last 10 games against SEC opponents.
Unbelievable. The program is off the rails.
mullokmotx
AG
We are in 13th place in goals allowed in conference only games with 10. We are tied with Arkansas in goals scored with 4 but they have only allowed 2 goals and have won 4 games.

Give credit to Kate Colvin for being on the post-game interview on the SEC Network.

Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.