******BTHO Arkansas******

3,864 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Aggie Futbol
mullokmotx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
By my calculation, we have not scored in 5 hours, 23 minutes and 41 seconds.
CDub06
AG
Nolanmo13 said:

Note I'm also very new to Aggie soccer. First time watching this year consistently. I am aware losing in soccer historically isn't our thing.

God bless you. We're in the midst of what is by far our worst era in history.
Jimma
Very little aggressive play. It appears the first move on a 50-50 ball is to get in a defensive position. Can't win any game without scoring. It doesn't appear to be improving.
mullokmotx
AG
Chris Henderson of All White Kit with the following comment:

"Trends continuing in the SEC, as Arkansas keeps winning, Texas A&M keeps struggling.
Anchorhold
Guess I'll watch the pulse again. I need a koolaid refill.
Soccer1
The backline just kept whacking the ball. The number of turnovers was crazy tonight. With a four backline you should be able to switch the ball through the back to maintain possession. Coaches need to look at putting the best possession players on the field. We have a lot girls who work really hard but that doesn't translate into good possession. Hope Katie Smith is ok. It looked pretty bad.
jmcfar_98
AG
CDub06 said:

Nolanmo13 said:

Note I'm also very new to Aggie soccer. First time watching this year consistently. I am aware losing in soccer historically isn't our thing.

God bless you. We're in the midst of what is by far our worst era in history.

And our AD gave him a 4 yr extension this summer.
83AgCiti
AG
Been following Aggie soccer for a good 15+ years. Time for G to move on. He's done great things for the program since it's inception and should be appreciated for that, but clearly a change is in the best interest of Aggie Soccer. Staying past your time will only tarnish what you've accomplished.
KCup17
AG
It's hard watching Aggie Soccer being this bad...
Expert Analysis
AG
Usually I think our effort is good. Tonight our effort didn't seem there. Maybe it was just how bad we got dominated.
Holding them to one goal was good. That one goal was awful, which has been a consistent trend this year. We never had a chance though as we generated almost no chances to score. One of our worst offensive performances ever.
There is no way out of this in the remainder of the year. We had hope late last year that some returning players would give us a spark, and that never occurred. Right now we are losing key players and our freshman have not stepped up to contribute much. The only positive thing is half our remaining conference games are against bottom of the league teams. 4-3 the rest of the year is not unrealistic, but sad none the less.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Just finished the game

Thoroughly outcoached
The forwards wait until the ball is kicked then play chase

Zero runs off the ball
Just lazy defending and terrible defense on a garbage goal
The pigs play fast and put balls in the box things we just haven't done all season

Not even a question anymore on what is wrong with this program
Aggie Futbol
The team puts together pretty solid segments of the game where the players possess and distribute. The challenge on the offensive end is that we do not put anywhere close to enough players and pressure into the 18 yard box . We seem so easy to defend against in spite of the talent we have on the field. Another contributing issue is that the central midfield players simply do not contribute the way they need to.

I do like the move to a four back in defense (probably due to the injury to Calzada). With the new injuries the four back may be here to stay for a while. The goal given up was shameful. We had eight players defending in the box while the Razorbacks had five attacking players in the box at the same time. How we couldn't prevent that goal is surprising.

The players who should have prevented this goal know who they are. Both are very experienced but have not advanced and improved as players. These two need to be much smarter and much more aggressive going forward to save the season.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.