***** USMNT vs The Salvador Game Thread (6/14) *****

13,724 Views | 302 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by PatAg
aggiephoenix02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Three beers. I did it…
tysker
AG
Exactly. The only thing that can beat you is that strike or a dribble toward the near post. Give up the cross cross not a shot
aggiephoenix02
Four beers. I get bonus points…
aggiephoenix02
Michelob Ultra if anyone is wondering…
KCup17
AG
If Horvath positions for the shot and the cross comes in then he is out of position to defend it. He played that correctly Cannon should never have given him that angle in the first place.
aggiephoenix02
I'm not sure if y'all are aware of this, but it's Superior Light Beer. It says so right on the can…
AgGrad99
AG
What the heck are we watching?

It's like we're playing a boring game of keep
Away on a tough mudder course. This game is a disaster.

I'll give El S credit, if they win possession, they go straight forward...no messing around. I suspect the US will transition to life of that the second half.
aggiephoenix02
$#!+, guys, this sucks…
oragator
Pulisic is probably sitting in the locker room questing his decision to choose the US. This federation is an absolute embarrassment.

And Horvath is not the answer.
jeffk
AG
Well this is a stupid game.
KCup17
AG
I fully expect the 2nd half to be the Salvadorian flop fest. They will foul and hack and fall and flail. its going to be ugly
aggiephoenix02
Horvath did himself no favors there. His World Cup spot is fading fast…
jeffk
AG
KCup17 said:

If Horvath positions for the shot and the cross comes in then he is out of position to defend it. He played that correctly Cannon should never have given him that angle in the first place.

No, you position to play the shot first then trust your defenders to help you on the cross. He peeked and stepped back too early. Tiny mistake but Larin made him pay.
AgGrad99
AG
He needed to be much closer to the near post, but was probably more central because he was worried about getting back central, in the mud, quick enough, if crossed.

Truthfully, the striker took advantage and It was just a great shot.
KCup17
AG
Lalas is pulling no punches.
aggiephoenix02
jeffk said:

KCup17 said:

No, you position to play the shot first then trust your defenders to help you on the cross. He peeked and stepped back too early. Tiny mistake but Larin made him pay.
As a keeper myself, I agree. He **** ed up…
oh no
AG
Get ready for 45 minutes of time wasting in the 2nd half.

US should not add to that and waste more time recycling to switch the field and keep possession. Send it forward early and fight to win long/ through/ and 50-50 balls and fight to win second balls.
aggiephoenix02
KCup17 said:

Lalas is pulling no punches.
Can you summarize for us Univision viewers?
PatAg
AG
I look forward to all the usuals overreacting to this
PatAg
AG
oragator said:

Pulisic is probably sitting in the locker room questing his decision to choose the US. This federation is an absolute embarrassment.

And Horvath is not the answer.
found one
aggiephoenix02
oh no said:

US should not add to that and waste more time recycling to switch the field and keep possession. Send it forward early and fight to win long/ through/ and 50-50 balls and fight to win second balls.
I imagine this will result nothing but flops by El Salvadorians…
KCup17
AG
"It is not El Salvadors, Concacaf, Fifa, or the refs job to prepare thee US for the World Cup. So what your kits are dirty? You are muddy? who cares... Suck it up and figure it out."
AgGrad99
AG
oh no said:

Yep. Play a little kickball is this mess. Just get it forward.
KCup17
AG
True. I guess I'm looking at it from a defenders perspective. Cannon gave him way too much space and showed him the whole front post. No way he should have gotten that shot off from that angle...
aggiephoenix02
KCup17 said:

"It is not El Salvadors, Concacaf, Fifa, or the refs job to prepare thee US for the World Cup. So what your kits are dirty? You are muddy? who cares... Suck it up and figure it out."
If it was anyone else I'd say, "that's easy for you to say", but when he says it, yeah, that's good advice…
PatAg
AG
The next insightful statement Lalas makes on a broadcast will be the first.
Mathguy64
AG
KCup17 said:

While I understand what he's saying and agree with his statement on large part, this field isn't preparing anyone for playing in Qatar.
aggiephoenix02
Lalas was a fighter. He was a dog. If anyone knows about the needed mindset for a game like this it's him…
Alan Combs Zombie
aggiephoenix02 said:

jeffk said:

KCup17 said:

As a keeper in a beer league?
jeffk
AG
I don't disagree! Canon was bad there too.
KCup17
AG
While true, I think this team needs to be able to overcome the obstacles that are thrown at them. Cant just walk in like everyone caters to you because you are the US
aggiephoenix02
Mathguy64 said:

KCup17 said:

While I understand what he's saying and agree with his statement on large part, this field isn't preparing anyone for playing in Qatar.
"figure it out" get your **** and mind right and get the job done. That's not bad advice…
PatAg
AG
lovely dive
aggiephoenix02
Charles Coghlan said:

aggiephoenix02 said:

jeffk said:

KCup17 said:

As a keeper in a beer league?
As a keeper trying to prevent someone scoring on me…
KCup17
AG
And so it begins...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.