*****Austin FC 2022 Season Thread Let's go Oaks!*****

23,785 Views | 428 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Beef Cheek
JCRiley09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CONCACAF Champions League qualification!!
JT88
AG
What a fantastic season!
Will be an interesting offseason as we need multiple roster moves to be able to be consistently competitive w LA.
And we need to do whatever it takes to keep STUver & DriUssi.
fig96
AG
Driussi is under contract through the '24 season so it would take some crazy money for anything to even potentially happen before then. I'm hopeful at that point he decides he wants to close out his career is Austin and retire a club legend.

And I'll be super surprised if Stuver doesn't re-sign with a nice raise, he and his wife love the city and the club and fans adore him.
fig96
AG
2023 roster decisions announced. Not renewing:

- Danny Hoesen
- Freddy Kleemann
- Felipe Martins
- Will Pulisic
- Andrew Tarbell

Little surprised on Felipe, not the others. We also traded Jared Stroud to new expansion club St Louis SC for 100k in general allocation.

We've exercised options on Brad Stuver and Charlie Asensio (Asenio was a rookie loaned out this season), didn't exercise our option for Washington Corozo, and Hector Jimenez is out of contract.

Players under contract for 2023:
Julio Cascante, Moussa Djitt, Sebastin Driussi, Diego ***undez, Ethan Finlay, Ruben Gabrielsen, Jon Gallagher, Kipp Keller, an Kolmani, Damian Las, Nick Lima, Daniel Pereira, Toms Pochettino, Rodney Redes, Emiliano Rigoni, Alex Ring, Jhohan Romaña, Maxi Urruti, Jhojan Valencia, and Owen Wolff

Hoping/assuming we'll terminate our contract with Pochettino or he'll move on in some other way.
JCRiley09
AG
I loved Felipe. I wish we could have kept him around

Can we get money for Pochettino?
fig96
AG
Probably need a 2023 thread soon, but good (and expected) news here: Stuver signed on a new 3 year deal with an option for year 4.

fig96
AG
We could sell Pochettino if anyone wants him, probably a better chance we just terminate his contract (I think you get one a year per MLS rules). We likely have to in order to keep our current DPs.

On the plus side Reyna is going to have some money to work with. With Hoesen and Tarbell moving on we're freeing up close to a million in cap space, and there's also the potential to buy down Ring out of his DP contract. Offseason is gonna be fun.
AgRyan04
I saw an Austin FC flag draped over the rail during the USA match today!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Beef Cheek
AG
AgRyan04 said:

I saw an Austin FC flag draped over the rail during the USA match today!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.