**Tottenham Hotspur 2021-2022 Thread**

33,687 Views | 553 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by DeangeloVickers
Socrates05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bachelor99 said:

wow what a game...unbelievable! so is Stevie B still on the block? u gotta think his price just went up...but i rather we keep him...

I don't believe the club wants to get rid. He has expressed homesickness, especially since the birth of his child, that they were willing to oblige. I think a happy and settled (and healthy) Stevie absolutely had a place in the squad.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Arsenal should share the secret with the world that they were able to recover from covid in 4 days to play today.

Miracles do happen.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Well, tied at half

Hope to see more of this in 2nd half

DeangeloVickers
AG
I guarantee you if Lukaku scored Kanes goal it would've been a goal...frustrating
Socrates05
AG
Absolute joke of a decision.
t - cam
AG
Have we ever beaten Chelsea?

t - cam
AG
Doherty and Davies are turnover machines. They just destroy opportunities.

DeangeloVickers
AG
t - cam said:

Doherty and Davies are turnover machines. They just destroy opportunities.
Sessegnon isnt ready yet either...he had concrete feet on Ziyech's beauty

Meanwhile Skipp and Kane are terrific ...not sure why we started Winks over Skipp
Bachelor99
AG
get conte some new players!! the depth on this team is trash....barely bottom tier premier league talent!
Rudyjax
AG
Deleted tweet from Chelsea's twitter. Twitter verse is going nuts giving credence to Tottenham's Jewish fandom hence more game on Sunday.

To me this out of context is not offensive.
DeangeloVickers
AG
I at least hoped the Chelsea result would help us in transfer window.

Won't be long before we get the Dele has decided to stay tweet.

More Doherty and more Davies is not good.
B$Weigem
AG
Well, window is coming to a close. Looks like two in with Dele, Tanguy, Lo Celso, and Gil out. Thin squad gets thinner but we do save a crap ton of wages and trim the dead weight. Overall, just bleh.

I really like the Kulu signing, young kid with some major skins on the wall already. Believe he will play very nicely behind Kane and Son.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

I'm usually super excited by transfers and then disappointed. When we actually make some moves anyway we had a few dead periods with little movement.

This time I feel underwhelmed, so maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

DeangeloVickers
AG
Damn, I hate Dele going. Maybe we can do something next summer getting rid Tanguay's crazy salary
t - cam
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

I'm usually super excited by transfers and then disappointed. When we actually make some moves anyway we had a few dead periods with little movement.

This time I feel underwhelmed, so maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Agree, ndombele was really exciting and he's sucked. Hojbjerg was completely off my radar and I love him.

t - cam
AG
I do hate to lose dele though. He can be soo great. Hope he gets his career back on track over there.

DeangeloVickers
AG
I thought we were worried about our depth.....and we sold more than we got back.

Bachelor99
AG
yea a very underwhelming window...i think the 2 newbies can add to our depth but that's about it...obviously there were guys rated higher that we could not get (luis diaz) but in the end something is better than nothing and who knows these guys may surprise us as i know very little about them....

all in all im excited to see some of the dead weight go and anxious to see how the new guys adjust to the PL....we still need a backup striker, RWB, CB and a playmaking CAM wouldn't hurt....i was hoping for a return of Christian Eriksen.
Socrates05
AG
Disagree as I think it was a great window. January is notoriously hard to do deals and we got a lot of work done. The four outs combined for a grand total of 2 premier league starts under Conte (both vs Liverpool in Dele and Tanguy). The numbers are less but this gives two that actually can be relied on versus 4 who weren't even making the bench at the end.

The squad needed a RWF and Kulusveski was in my mind perfect. The technical levels in our attack bar Kane are attrocious and he can go a long way to helping that as well as chipping in with goals. He's a guy who was talked about as a 100 mil player a few years back before being played out of position with Juve where his results have still been solid for a 21 year old. Betancur is a solid piece in the midfield that provides exactly what Conte has been asking from Winks. I would have loved a RWB as well but that was still great business in my mind.
Socrates05
AG
Specifically with Diaz, he's been playing great. He's also not been doing it for a full season and doing it in a pretty poor league. Most importantly I don't believe he's very versatile and would be hard to shoehorn into a team with Son. I think the business we did was much better at addressing the needs of the squad.
DeangeloVickers
AG
t - cam
AG
DeangeloVickers said:

Love him. The goal at crystal palace is still my favorite to watch over and over again.

GIF Reactor
AG
I would have preferred Dele go out on loan rather than a permanent. I hope he does well.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Beau Bevers
AG
DeangeloVickers said:

Really want a trophy this year!
DeangeloVickers
AG
Match day! Need all 3 pts!

Pretty wild Zouma played yesterday...Dier got 4 match suspension for helping sibling in stands...Zouma nothing
DeangeloVickers
AG
We scored up 1-0 and shouldve been 2-0

Then total and complete domination by Southhampton.....just an awful Davies clearance to tie it...then chance after chance after chance. Brutal

1-1

Beau Bevers
AG
Down 2-3 87'
DeangeloVickers
AG
Free headers from Ward-Prowse....brutal. Looked like Emerson not marking on both
DeangeloVickers
AG
Brutal

Up 1 goal 10 mind at home vs Sputhhampton
You have to see that out

Betancour was a bright spot in an otherwise brutal match
Bachelor99
AG
when is skipp coming back?? our midfield is constantly over run....miss skippy badly. and the more i see Emerson play i wonder how the hell is this guy a first team player.... he is terrible defender and cant put a quality cross into the box to save his life...

and 2 more goals ruled out for offsides.... guys need to do a better job of staying onside. UGHH!!
Bryan98
AG
Yeah, the funny thing is that if Bergwijn was onside he would have scored more easily than he did (not, technically).

Agree that Bentancur looked fantastic. Kulusevski being tired after subbing on in the second half was beyond suspect, especially when he's been quoted talking about how he likes suffering, and how much more Spurs are running under Conte.

But Southampton were very good today, to be fair to them. We have to find ways to improve and put games like these into the win column. I think starting Bentancur improves us immediately. Buying a RWB in the summer may be a very, very high priority.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Worst start to a home game since 1998

Winks and Davies. Awful.
t - cam
AG
How does Davies keep getting on the field?

Bachelor99
AG
t - cam said:

How does Davies keep getting on the field?
what other option do we have with dier and tanganga both out? poor romero he has to babysit the likes of davies and sanchez.... both horrific!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.