Chelsea 2021-2022 Thread

19,518 Views | 286 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Max Power
byfLuger41
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thomas Tuchel contract extension? Kane coming in?

Pulisic, Werner and Havertz in the CL together should be was very exciting!

Ain't got no history.

We are The Chelsea, Champions of Europe!

MB19
AG
Yes, Tuchel gets a contract extension.
THE_CHOSEN_ONE
This year's the treble
JJxvi
Jim01
AG
Definitely a bright future ahead with this young core.

Biggest improvement I'd like to see next year would be goal conversion. We have the talent to create but so many times this year we just couldn't finish.
Rudyjax
AG
Jim01 said:

Definitely a bright future ahead with this young core.

Biggest improvement I'd like to see next year would be goal conversion. We have the talent to create but so many times this year we just couldn't finish.
it's interesting the 2 proven finishers rode the pine most of the TT era.

Diego
Jim01
AG
2 year extension for Tuchel
Max Power
AG
Pulisic has had a nice couple of weeks. Top 4, champions league crown, topping Mexico.

Other Chelsea thoughts:
-Hope Pulisic gets more time on the field, but when he subs he brings in a ton of energy.
-Kante is a beast.
-Glad to see TT get a much deserved extension.
-There is close to 0% chance Kane ends up with Chelsea. If Tottenham agrees to a transfer it's not going to be in London. If he stays in EPL my money is on Man City, if they want him, they'll get him, cost be damned.
-I would love to see Roman open up the coffers for Haaland, he's not going to be at Dortmund much longer and will be for a monster fee.
-Please get Kepa out of there, loan him out for no cost, just do not put him in goal, his presence alone puts the team at risk. If he gets loaned out for nothing he might have a chance to fix himself and then have some value for a transfer in the future.
-Werner needs to remember how to finish this summer or he won't be around much longer. He's so fast and can get open that I get why Tuchel keeps him out there, regardless of his conversion percentage. If he can finish he can be elite, I really want him to figure it out.
-Mount is my guy, I love the way he plays.
-Looking forward to next season.
jay07ag
AG
Max Power said:

Pulisic has had a nice couple of weeks. Top 4, champions league crown, topping Mexico.

Large week indeed!
tcarlow12
We know what we are, we know what we are, Champions of Europe, we know what we are!!

Chaos and trophies, it's the Chelsea way.

Definitely need to get a true number 9 going into next year. No way in hell Spurs will sell Kane to us and I don't see a way we can pay the fee Dortmund is going to be asking for for Haaland. I would personally love to see them get Lukaku.
RebAg13
Max Power
AG
https://soccer.nbcsports.com/2021/06/07/haaland-chelsea-transfer-news-latest-contract-clause/
Rudyjax
AG
Max Power said:

https://soccer.nbcsports.com/2021/06/07/haaland-chelsea-transfer-news-latest-contract-clause/

I'll believe that one when I see it.
byfLuger41
AG
Only if Timo didn't look like Torres this past campaign.

JJxvi
AG
Milan has triggered Tomori's 28.5 million euro agreed fee clause to sign him on a permanent basis
Max Power
AG
https://www.goal.com/en/news/chelsea-premier-league-fixtures-full-2021-22-match-schedule/zv7y19x8zkon18o711tiufvl2

Rough start to the season, first six games:
Crystal Palace (14)
Arsenal (8)
Liverpool (3)
Aston Villa (11)
Tottenham (7)
Manchester City (1)

October will be better, but damn, 2 of the top 3 teams and 4 of the top 8 isn't great. Granted we've fared really well against City recently. Don't need a slow start to the season.
JJxvi
AG
Giroud has also signed with Milan
jay07ag
AG
Soooooo are we getting Haaland??
JJxvi
AG
The price Dortmund will get will be a lot lower next year, but unfortunately they've probably got to weigh that against what they lose if they fail to make the champions league.
Jim01
AG
Hopefully he gets more playing time. Always liked him and he always made an impact when he got minutes.
Max Power
AG
They turned down $100MM + Abraham. I think Chelsea will make a stronger offer than that, but maybe not much stronger. If a move happens, it's going to be soon. Dortmund could gamble and lose a lot of money by not taking a solid offer from Chelsea. Cash is king, if they up the cash they can get it done.
jay07ag
AG
They just need to fork over the 150M and get him. Won't get any easier next year, and the guy is so young he could score 10 years with of goals and it more than pays off. Assuming he stays healthy and fit for his career.
byfLuger41
JJxvi
AG
Chelsea and Inter have agreed a fee for Lukaku to return
byfLuger41
AG
Pleasant surprise!
Max Power
AG
Lukaku is in London, deal is almost done it sounds like. Chelsea needs a striker who can finish, Lukaku can be that guy. Season is just around the corner. Even with what City and United have been up to if Chelsea can score, they'll compete to win the EPL. I really hope Timo can figure it out, there's a lot I like about him as a player, they could have sold low on him and moved on, I don't think he's a lost cause yet. If Lukaku gets 20 goals and Timo can finish on some of his opportunities they can scare a lot of teams. The ship has sailed on Haaland for now, I don't think he's going anywhere until next summer.
akm91
AG
Supercup vs Villareal today. Hope Pulisic gets another trophy!
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
RebAg13
AG
Trophies
NorCal
Nice win before things heat up this weekend
byfLuger41
AG
Aint got no history!
NorCal
And Lukaku is finally official!
tcarlow12
tcarlow12 said:

We know what we are, we know what we are, Champions of Europe, we know what we are!!

Chaos and trophies, it's the Chelsea way.

Definitely need to get a true number 9 going into next year. No way in hell Spurs will sell Kane to us and I don't see a way we can pay the fee Dortmund is going to be asking for for Haaland. I would personally love to see them get Lukaku.
jay07ag
AG
Let's fuggin gooooooo!!!
oh no
AG
Awesome fk by Alonzo

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.