******BTHO Tennessee******

5,240 Views | 78 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Rambotx
mullokmotx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The UT coach said this on utsports.com ""Texas A&M is arguably, along with a couple of other teams, one of the top teams in this league right now. Everybody's talking about how this is the best team they've had in five to 10 years. I thought our kids showed well for themselves, so I'm really proud of our team."

I thought for a while that Macie Kolb was going to set a record for most throw-ins in a game since UT kept kicking the ball out of bounds on her side of the field. Also seemed like UT was keeping someone close to Jimena so that we wouldn't pass the ball to her. When she did go wide she had at least 2 crosses that we got corner kicks off of. I hope Lauren Geczik's family was in Knoxville to see her first career goal. I heard the color commentator refer one time to "Haley Pounds" when talking about Taylor Pounds.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Carroll definitely not close to 100% which is very encouraging.. if we can get her going wow. She'll get there

The thing I like most about this team is our CBs aggressiveness and ability to push forward. Sample is really special too.

This is the best Aggie team I've seen in a long time
Aggie Futbol
Hidden's comments were good. It's
Always good to get a road win. I really like the team's work ethic and toughness. I also appreciate their attempt to play the game properly. The team does have the potential to be very if they clean things up a bit. We were sloppy with our passing again, Led by Smith and Kolb. The back line needs to be disciplined and avoid mistakes. They are a talented bunch but can be exposed against the better teams. Our midfield generally does a good job of providing support but Pounds got torched on the Tennessee goal. She just has work harder in situations like that. The season is still young and she will grow with it. In total this could be the best bunch of Freshman in the past 8-10 years. It's way too early to make that comparison any firmer. Let's take a look again in a few years.
mullokmotx
AG
I watched a replay of our first goal. The UT coach kicked a ball near the bench into the bench area and it rebounded and hit one of his players in the back. Shouldn't he be carded for that?
Mathguy64
AG
mullokmotx said:

I watched a replay of our first goal. The UT coach kicked a ball near the bench into the bench area and it rebounded and hit one of his players in the back. Shouldn't he be carded for that?
In theory? You can. In practice? You better be prepared for the backlash because it will be massive. If it hits one of the opposing players or a match official that's a different story.
mullokmotx
AG
According to SEC Twitter Lauren Geczik is the SEC Freshman of the Week.
mullokmotx
AG
And Top Drawer Soccer Team of the Week includes:

F Lauren Geczik, Texas A&M: Two goals off the bench for Geczik propelled the Aggies to a 3-1 win against Tennessee.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Sample's 40 yard pass hitting Geczik on the dead run for a goal was world class !

Sample making runs deep in the opponents half will pay off more times .

Rambotx
Geczik Named to Top Drawer Soccer Team of the Week

Oct 27, 2020

https://12thman.com/news/2020/10/27/geczik-named-to-top-drawer-soccer-team-of-the-week.aspx
Rambotx
Match highlights:

https://www.facebook.com/AggieSoccer/videos/688407752059928

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.