****Bundesliga 2020/21 Season Thread****

7,543 Views | 128 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by deadbq03
Legal Custodian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Big Match on Saturday! Going to Upper90 in Fort Worth to watch with the rest of the Fort Worth Bayern Club. Match starts at 11:30 but everyone will probably get there around 11 for pregame festivities.
Marcus Aurelius
AG
Heja BVB.
deadbq03
AG
May it be a glorious draw!
Marcus Aurelius
AG
No match for Bayern. BVB played 15 min and then decided to go to prevent defense. One man team Haaland. And Muenier flops on an easy cross attempt that would have made it 3-0. Can't squander those opportunities against them.
Legal Custodian
AG
Man that was an exciting match to watch. Great win!
Legal Custodian
AG
The April 3rd match against Leipzig is setting up to be the end all be all.
Legal Custodian
AG
And I have to say that that was a great match to watch for an ABC audience.
Legal Custodian
AG
deadbq03 said:

You almost got your wish. That was a fun match to watch. April 3rd!
planoaggie123
AG
Marcus Aurelius said:

No match for Bayern. BVB played 15 min and then decided to go to prevent defense. One man team Haaland. And Muenier flops on an easy cross attempt that would have made it 3-0. Can't squander those opportunities against them.

I caught the start and finish. Why was Haaland pulled? Is that normal or was there an injury?
deadbq03
AG
Legal Custodian said:

deadbq03 said:

Congrats on the win.

I'm definitely not counting my chickens before they hatch. Leipzig have to face Frankfurt next week. They're dangerous on their own merit, but they'll have fresher legs since this is a CL week and Leipzig will have to go all-out to try and come back from 0-2 down against LFC. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Bayern are 4 or 5 pts clear by next week.
Aggies1322
AG
planoaggie123 said:

Marcus Aurelius said:

I caught the start and finish. Why was Haaland pulled? Is that normal or was there an injury?

Injured
Marcus Aurelius
AG
C'mon RBL - pull off the miracle with a 3 point win over LIV.
deadbq03
AG
Marcus Aurelius said:

C'mon RBL - pull off the miracle with a 3 point win over LIV.
Appreciate the thoughts.

Hopefully being out of this competition can help us focus on the league and cup and pull something off there. We need more quality before we can seriously compete in CL.
deadbq03
AG
deadbq03 said:

Legal Custodian said:

deadbq03 said:

Congrats on the win.

I'm definitely not counting my chickens before they hatch. Leipzig have to face Frankfurt next week. They're dangerous on their own merit, but they'll have fresher legs since this is a CL week and Leipzig will have to go all-out to try and come back from 0-2 down against LFC. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Bayern are 4 or 5 pts clear by next week.
And there we go. Draw with Frankfurt. Bayern is 4 pts clear.
Legal Custodian
AG
Lewy is out for 4 weeks. Mullers record might be safe. If he comes back for Mainz, then he'll have 4 games to score 5 goals.
Rudyjax
AG
Legal Custodian said:

Lewy is out for 4 weeks. Mullers record might be safe. If he comes back for Mainz, then he'll have 4 games to score 5 goals.
oragator
Not directly related to this thread, but Germany lost a home qualifier today to North Macedonia.
So there's that.
Rudyjax
AG
oragator said:

Not directly related to this thread, but Germany lost a home qualifier today to North Macedonia.
So there's that.

Nuts.
deadbq03
AG
Congrats on breaking the 4 match head-to-head draw streak and congrats on the title.

Bayern were certainly the better team in at least a couple of the draws so I suppose it's fitting that Bayern would break the streak and get a W on a day when Leipzig were probably the better team.
Legal Custodian
AG
I guess we'll just have to settle for another bundesliga title this year
deadbq03
AG
I was definitely hoping y'all would advance, but I gotta admit it was partially for selfish reasons. This past weekend opened the possibility that a tired Bayern might drop points in Bundesliga play. No chance of that now.
Legal Custodian
AG
Yeah, we are not in the best form right now. And we will probably have to deal with the Flick rumors that are floating around right now.

This could very well be an exciting finish
deadbq03
AG
While I'm at it, I also want Dortmund to win out, in part to bolster Bundesliga coefficients... but also so I can watch the drama of a lame-duck interim coach winning Champions League while the named replacement is 8th in the league.

That's not a shot at Rose; I think he's a great coach who's now stuck trying to motivate a team that knows he's leaving. Nagelsmann also struggled to get results at Hoffenheim once he inked the deal with Leipzig.

Good coach or not, the drama would be juicy to send a CL-winning coach packing to bring him on, or to break the deal in order to keep Terzic. It will be glorious to behold either way.
EconAg18
AG
Flick leaving Bayern. Julian Nagelsmann has allegedly already turned down the job. Will be interesting to see where we go.
Legal Custodian
AG
EconAg18 said:

Flick leaving Bayern. Julian Nagelsmann has allegedly already turned down the job. Will be interesting to see where we go.
I haven't seen he's leaving, have you seen something official? And I also haven't heard Nagelsmann has turned away our advances.

Tons of rumors floating around, but I'm still seeing that they're just rumors.
EconAg18
AG
Read this today, and I feel like it's only cementing the rumors. Kovac bagging on us wasn't great either. I think right now the inner club circles know he's gone, and we're just waiting for that official press release.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11890/12275168/hansi-flick-bayern-munich-coach-will-take-germany-national-team-coachs-job-in-the-summer-says-lothar-matthaus
Legal Custodian
AG
Also, can we talk about Sane making the worst decisions I've seen from him yet:

The worst one is the second, he had an easy pass to Muller that would have put him in all by himself, yet decided to take the left-footed shot from outside the box.
deadbq03
AG
I'm here to be your ray of sunshine:

Ralf Rangnick is also being linked to the DFB job:
https://bulinews.com/news/8099/dfb-vice-president-backs-ralf-rangnick-for-germany-job

He's recently turned down a job offer from Schalke (no job is probably better than that job) and is rumored to be turning down Frankfurt too.
EconAg18
AG
Would be ideal. Still, I have a feeling that even if Flick doesn't take the national team job we're going to be dealing with rumors of him leaving because of Brazzo. Count me in the camp that would rather see Hasan gone than Flick
deadbq03
AG
Also, regarding Nagelsmann - word on the street is that Leipzig would make someone pay 15-20M Euro for him to leave this summer, which is a bit too steep for most teams on a normal year, let alone on a year with Covid-ravaged finances.
Legal Custodian
AG
Well, this weeks results pretty much guaranteed a 9th title. We need goreztka and Lewandowski back in a bad way. Musiala looked real good today
Legal Custodian
AG
And Flick just officially announced he's leaving.
EconAg18
AG
Hot take: I'd rather lose Brazzo than Flick

EconAg18
AG
The other rumor I read is that Kimmich was tying his extension to Flick staying. Going to be interesting to see if Brazzo actually pays Kimmich the money he deserves, or if we're going to be also replacing him.
Legal Custodian
AG
Kimmich needs to be a Bayern lifer. Surely the board is dumb enough to let him leave

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.