Everton 2020-2021 Thread

10,108 Views | 208 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by ThunderCougarFalconBird
ThunderCougarFalconBird
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AG@RICE said:

Not saying that it wasn't a penalty, but using this is a justification as to why Americans don't know anything about soccer is a poor argument.
lol at these super-entitled Liverpool supporters. One derby loss and they come to our thread like the bleeding vaginal belches they are to whine about the mean 'ol refs.
AG@RICE
AG
ThunderCougarFalconBird said:

AG@RICE said:

Not saying that it wasn't a penalty, but using this is a justification as to why Americans don't know anything about soccer is a poor argument.
lol at these super-entitled Liverpool supporters. One derby loss and they come to our thread like the bleeding vaginal belches they are to whine about the mean 'ol refs.

Lol. Congrats on the win fellas.
fig96
AG
Intent doesn't matter, he went down and takes out Calvert-Lewin who is pursuing a live ball. He takes out an attacker in the penalty area whether he meant to or not, it''s a clear penalty per the laws of the game.

And what a win! That pass from James to set up the first goal was a thing of beauty.
Aggies1322
AG
The Bramley Moore Dock stadium got approval today. Should be a boon to the club.
Aggies1322
AG
We really need 6pts in the next two matches.. starting tomorrow. Cannot continue to drop points against bottom half teams.
Aggies1322
AG
Ugly but necessary 3 pts. If we take 3 on Thursday then we have 4th place.
fig96
AG
Started off really strong then looked a bit shaky later on. But 3 points is 3 points!
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
The disallowed goal on the set piece in the first half was really pretty. Very cheeky set piece but very effective. Timed slightly better and that is a great look on goal every time.

West Brom tomorrow. We won the home fixture 5-2, so hopefully we will make short work of the away match and elbow our way into 4th place.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Leicester dropped 2 points today to Burnley. Would have been better to see them drop all 3 but I think they'll be catchable by the end of March.
Aggies1322
AG
ThunderCougarFalconBird said:

Leicester dropped 2 points today to Burnley. Would have been better to see them drop all 3 but I think they'll be catchable by the end of March.

Utd dropped 2 as well. If we grab 3 tomorrow, we'll be 5 pts behind utd with a game in hand. So not too far out of reach either.
heddleston
AG
I'm assuming we want Chelsea and the Kopites to tie tomorrow? I can get on board, but im also okay with Chelsea winning by 10.
Aggies1322
AG
heddleston said:

I'm assuming we want Chelsea and the Kopites to tie tomorrow? I can get on board, but im also okay with Chelsea winning by 10.

My disdain for liverpool is not stronger than my desire for Champions league football and champions league money.
Aggies1322
AG
Another ugly 3, iwobi looked awful. But here we are in champions league spots with 12 (i think)matches to go.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Monday v. Chelsea is starting to look an awful lot like a Champions League playoff game.
Aggies1322
AG
Our friends at Liverpool are doing their best to drop out of the champions league race.
jeffk
AG
You can have it. I'm interested in seeing how you'd handle it.
Aggies1322
AG
I expect we'll allow Chelsea to dominate possession.. though I'm not sure their midfield is really worthy of it. I think Ancelotti likes the counter attack with our current squad. We've had trouble breaking down defenses in possession. Would love 3 here but 1 is okay with burnley on the horizon.
Aggies1322
AG
Hate to see it for Ben. Hes been a beast at the back and couldn't do anything there.
Aggies1322
AG
Hopefully just beating the teams we should beat will help keep us in the fight for European football. Cause Chelsea just far outclassed us.
fig96
AG
Yup, watching this it's pretty obvious we're just not at that level yet. Super unlucky on the first goal too.

Hoping we can close out the games we should win moving forward.
Aggies1322
AG
Wow we suck.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
2 gifted goals to spurs = we share the points. Sheesh.
fig96
AG
Really should've had 3 points, Spurs capitalized on really their only two good chances. And I hate how good Kane is.
fig96
AG

fig96
AG
That is about as ugly as a win gets but I'll take it.

heddleston
AG
First win at Emirates, last road win was Highbury in 96
Aggies1322
AG
The fact that we've dropped so many points against bad teams and are still sitting in the top 8 shows we should've really challenged for a CL spot this year.
jeffk
AG
Finishing in the top four is for posers and try-hards.
Aggies1322
AG
jeffk said:

Finishing in the top four is for posers and try-hards.

Both clubs in Liverpool doing their best to disappoint.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
3 points away at west ham. I'll take it. Long shot for Europe but maybe we can reel it in with a solid finish.
fig96
AG
3 points currently separating 5th through 8th in the table. Wow.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Leicester's last three are Man U, Chelsea, and Spurs. If they take zero points, we are in good shape
Aggies1322
AG
At least Ancelotti brings hope.. eventually we need European football or it'll get frustrating. Need to splash cash on a RB, CB, and RW imo. James should not be a winger.
Aggies1322
AG
I made the mistake of watching the Aggie baseball game at the same time as this everton match and so far, its a massive mistake.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
We finished the season with quite a whimper. 5-0 ass kicking from Man City and barely top half of the table.

To top it all off, Ancelotti is headed off to Real Madrid.

We need one hell of a transfer window and a great hire for the manager spot.

Signing off for the 2020-2021 thread. Look for 2021-2022 thread as soon as we see a modicum of good news.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.