Ally Watt Updates

13,540 Views | 50 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by littlebitofhifi
mullokmotx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Chris Henderson of All White Kit has this tweet yesterday.

"A few NWSL transaction notes:

I don't really get the Courage trading Watt for Smith. Smith was pretty bad for the Reign last year and has a pretty limited upside at this point.

Watt's coming off an ACL injury, but crazy to give up on her already."
littlebitofhifi
AG
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Jimena Lopez , also, with Seattle Reign! Lopez with Mexico WNTvs US WNT 7/1 & 7/5 !
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Reign plays today @3ct paramount plus tv

Will women on WNT play?

Is Watt able to play ?
littlebitofhifi
AG
USWNT are available.

Ally had a 4th knee procedure at the end of May and is still on the season ending injury list. She's not expected to play this year (although prior to the May surgery, OL was hoping she might be ready before playoffsnot sure what the latest ETA is.)

Morche is technically available but with OL bringing over Bouhaddi, Morche has been 3rd string and has not suited for most games.

Jimena is officially on the OL roster but I've not heard yet if she's available. She did get the call up (as expected for the Mexico/US friendlies this week so I suspect after just finishing with Eibar, she may not report until after those friendlies. We'll find out in a few minutes when lineups are announced I assume.
jessexy
AG
I saw Watt was at the USOC Track & Field trials consoling Donovan Brazier after he finished last place in the 800m final. I assume they're a couple.
littlebitofhifi
AG
Yeah they've been together since their A&M days. I think she posted something this spring about celebrating 4 years, maybe? Been a tough year professionally for them.
littlebitofhifi
AG
heddleston
AG
Sounds like she's settled in nicely in Seattle:

https://www.sounderatheart.com/seattle-reign/2022/4/12/22993330/ally-watt-fan-favorite-seattle-ol-reign
Rudyjax
AG
heddleston said:

Sounds like she's settled in nicely in Seattle:

https://www.sounderatheart.com/seattle-reign/2022/4/12/22993330/ally-watt-fan-favorite-seattle-ol-reign

Tough start to a pro career. Saw this in the Walkons in Irving.

akm91
AG
She had a really nice assist on the opening goal in the match against Angel City.
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
tysker
AG
this one? great takedown, nice run and perfect pass

akm91
AG
Yep that's the one!
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
CDub06
AG
littlebitofhifi
AG
I'm at the dash game so going to have to catch the replay but Watt and Jimena both in the starting lineup for OL Reign opener!

littlebitofhifi
AG
Ally traded to Orlando this week and scores in her debut. Pride have been a bit of a disaster the past few seasons but this should be good for her playing time as she'd been relegated to the super sub role at Reign lately.

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.