******BTHO t.u.******

17,860 Views | 146 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by dallasiteinsa02
MookieBlaylock
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Watt had the goal stolen from her by the sip
jonj101
MookieBlaylock said:

Watt had the goal stolen from her by the sip
Sounds like typical sip behavior to me.
Potcake
AG
jonj101 said:

wangus12 said:

Why do we seem to play down to our competition

Seems like thats a requirement for all Aggie athletics.

You two must go out of your way to be miserable.
rpr52121
AG
Aggies have stopped going for goals, Now playing "Posts" instead.
Highway6
AG
10-1 sounds good
Mir San Mir
AG
That looked like a goal by Asdis, not Ally. Perhaps it was a sympathy goal to make up for her dismal shooting night. On the positive side, some of the best passing and ball control by the Aggies this season.
jonj101
Potcake said:

jonj101 said:

wangus12 said:

Why do we seem to play down to our competition

Seems like thats a requirement for all Aggie athletics.

You two must go out of your way to be miserable.
Actually, I can passionately support my team while still having the emotional intelligence to joke about our performance.
Hand Of God
AG
AGGIES BTHO t.u. 4-1!
OneBlitzer
AG
Nicely done Ags! Varsity's horns are sawed off!
aggie67,74&76
NorCal
Hand Of God
AG
Texas does not have a good soccer team and A&M made that abundantly clear tonight. I just wish we would have beaten them 8-1 (as we should have) because anytime you have the chance to humiliate the horns you do so. Goodbye to texas university.
MROD92
mazzag
AG
How does an 11-8-1 team make it into the tournament?
MookieBlaylock
AG
4 to 1 was a beating that easily cpuld have been 15 goals

Better to save them for the next 4 matches
Rambotx
For many of the Aggies tonight, this was their best game of the year. Purpose was to win for TAMU
and Coach G.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Why was hill not playing till the end?
coloradoag69
AG
Great night by the women. Total domination. I loved it!!!!!!!!!!!

tu got in by their RPI. They had a good win versus Kansas, I believe, who won the conference.

Question: Aren't you glad they did get in, so they could be totally outclassed tonight?
coldmoose
Hand Of God said:

AGGIES BTHO t.u. 4-1!

Makes me smile.
Hand Of God
AG
Seems like we've waited all season for a handful of players to step up. So many of them finally did so tonight. McCain, Kolb, both Ziemers, Piper, and Asdis all had very good performances. Not having to rely solely on Watt and Lopez for offensive production was such a relief.
BTHOB-98
Is it over?
Rudyjax
AG
BTHOB-98 said:

Is it over?

Yes.
Mark Fairchild
AG
HECK YEAH!!!! WHOOP!!!!
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
BQ_90
AG
How did the sips make the tourney. They might be worst team we've seen this year at home.

Also nice game by the head official. He must have been excited to see his first soccer game of his life.
BQ_90
AG
Also glad their cheerleaders came, they had 2 cheerleaders per sip fan in the stands.
MookieBlaylock
AG
You mean the Nancy boys in sweaters?
redd38
AG
What a fun game
HiddenAg2
Always great to beat Texas soundly, but the first 10 minutes of the match were worrisome as the Horns had possession and chances on goal and took the lead 1-0. Then A&M found a rhythm and basically dominated throughout in a game that should have been about 10-1. I don't remember another time, especially in the tournament, when A&M missed so many point blank shots from 5 yards out in the penalty box. I mean, we're talking about easy tap in goals that a fan out of the stands could put in the back of the net. Probably overly anxious shots, but you only need to touch the ball past the GK when you have those easy looks. Instead we continually blasted it over the goal. I felt bad for Watt in her last game at home, with 3 misses in front of goal. We will certainly miss her next year though. Piper had a great goal from distance to finish her career, and Tera Ziemer had a nice finish to put A&M ahead in the game. But overall A&M played an inspired game and really dismantled an average (at best) team in Texas.

A&M had a lot of possession in the middle of the field and continued to stretch the Horns defense with runs at goal and getting wide with crosses into the box. Ziemer, McCain, and Piper all played well. And Asdis had a solid game up front, holding possession and setting up multiple chances on goal for her teammates. Can we please play like that next week against USC? I'm still worried about our GK play though, with Caldwell getting the start. Thankfully Texas didn't get many good shots off on her, with only a few going straight to her for easy saves. Coach Phil got the win for Coach G, who hopefully is seeing his mother recover. I think the team played inspired for him as well. It was a great way to send off the seniors too in their last home game. Next week will be tough, but at least the team had one great memory for the season.
Turf96
If we could just humiliate the sips every time we play them in any sport maybe they will stop getting ESiPN to push for a football rematch.
mullokmotx
AG
Once it got to 4-1 I would have liked to see a lot more substitutions. Tera and Cienna were ready to come in the game in the first half with 16 minutes left but waited 8 minutes until the ref let them enter. What a great crowd. I hope the tu people realize what a benefit it would be to soccer in the state if they would play us. Chris Henderson of All White Kit had the following comment: "Sawed'em Off, Horns Down, whatever your fancy, the end result is the same, a dominant 4-1 win for Texas A&M over state rivals Texas in their first meeting in an age."

After the game a bunch of the team went over to Reed Arena and were introduced while the goals were shown on the big screen. Don'r know why they don't show highlights like that at football games.
mullokmotx
AG
Our attendance of 3021 was the second highest of the 18 Friday games. BYU had 3682. Duke had an embarrassing 190. Michigan did not show an attendance figure, but their game pictures showed some nice piles of snow.
oklaunion
I had guessed it was between 4 and 5 thousand. The east, north and south stands were pretty full.
Giggem
AG
the attendance was terrific! I so appreciate the 12th Man for showing and being loud and rowdy!

What a way to finish off this home season. I hope all those fans were delighted by what they saw and will come back regularly next season. Now, let's see these ladies keep it rollin'!
oldarmy1
AG
Na
TRM
AG
USC beat Cal State-Fullerton as expected.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.