********* BTHO Florida ***********

7,571 Views | 83 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by jeffk
Hand Of God
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Pretty one dimensional in the attack. Bang it forward and hope Ally gets behind. Really haven't threatened.
redd38
AG
I'll be fairly surprised if Florida doesn't score again. Their runners are tearing up our defense. However, the Florida defense WANTS us to score! We just have to pull the trigger.
rpr52121
AG
It feels like A&M is waiting for Florida to make a mistake right rather than creating goal-scoring opportunities.
redd38
AG
rpr52121 said:

It feels like A&M is waiting for Florida to make a mistake right rather than creating goal-scoring opportunities.

They've made like 10 mistakes, it seems like we're waiting for Florida to place the ball in their own net!
rausr
AG
Yellow on Grace
redd38
AG
Apparently Florida scored again
aggiewilliford
Is Hutton our best goalie?
Gig Em Ags, God Bless Old Army and Marching in Behind the Band! Whooooopppp
redd38
AG
Another one that should have been stopped
rausr
AG
Slicing through us with ease
Hand Of God
AG
Hutton lets in a near post goal from an impossible angle. Should have been routine if she's on her post.
redd38
AG
Good news: more time to rest before the NCAA tournament
Hand Of God
AG
We were never going to win this game. They dominated the first matchup and little has changed since.
blake2003
AG
Nine of the other keepers in the SEC stop both of those goals. What the hell happened to our keeper recruiting?
redd38
AG
This isn't all on Hutton, this was a team loss. Haven't seen much good play from anyone, maybe Lopez.
Hand Of God
AG
Quality teams like Florida have little trouble slowing down our attack. We only have two dangerous players going forward. Lopez has been smartly double teamed all night. Watt has been on an island with multiple defenders ready to cover. Ziemer, McCain, and Kolb have proven to be no threat offensively.
blake2003
AG
Totally agree. My comment still stands. Our keeper play is very, very, very bad.
Hand Of God
AG
I love Katie Smith as a defender but I think she would have been better utilized in the midfield in the second half when we were down a goal. Kolb just doesn't produce anything whatsoever. You often barely notice her out there.
Aggie Futbol
The first goal against the Aggies started with Kolb and her usual poor covering back. She fell asleep on her mark and it led to a corner kick. The corner resulted in a goal. I do believe that one of three Aggies had a chance to stop that shot.

Smith has been good, Lopez has been fair, Watt fair, defense fair, Asdis not so good, McCain was invisible, Kolb equally invisible, Taylor Ziemer decent. We cant get anything sustainable going with possession or on the offensive end. The team will have to be much better in the NCAA tourney otherwise they will be out in the second round.
rausr
AG
Phew!
redd38
AG
Aggie Futbol said:

The first goal against the Aggies started with Kolb and her usual poor covering back. She fell asleep on her mark and it led to a corner kick. The corner resulted in a goal. I do believe that one of three Aggies had a chance to stop that shot.

Smith has been good, Lopez has been fair, Watt fair, defense fair, Asdis not so good, McCain was invisible, Kolb equally invisible, Taylor Ziemer decent. We cant get anything sustainable going with possession or on the offensive end. The team will have to be much better in the NCAA tourney otherwise they will be out in the second round.

Taylor Ziemer has done nothing tonight, otherwise I agree.
Hand Of God
AG
Goal Watt
redd38
AG
GOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAALLLLLLLL
rausr
AG
Goal Watt!
redd38
AG
WHAT A KICK
Aggie Futbol
Watt's set piece goal was a true gem. Maybe this will supercharge the Aggie team.
redd38
AG
The replays of Florida's goals are hard to watch
Aggie Futbol
I like the Russell sub. Get Kolb out and put more speed in with Asdis. Get McCain back in for Arrietta.
Aggie Futbol
Why is Kolb turning her back on that shot?
AgsSoccerFan
Name the last SEC Tourney game where we were not out-coached. I'll wait.
redd38
AG
Aggie Futbol said:

Why is Kolb turning her back on that shot?

Looking directly at the ball hasn't been effective for our defense tonight, might as well try looking away.
Hand Of God
AG
Russell and Tara Ziemer both should be getting more time than Kolb, imo.
fletch01
AG
I hate to pile on, but this is not a very talented team. Our defense is poor, we don't have much speed and G's rotations are questionable at best. Maybe lack of chemistry is a big issue. I guess we've been spoiled over the years, but this year's team is tough to watch.
HiddenAg2
I thought A&M played hard tonight, especially in the first half, but drawing Florida in the quarters was a tough matchup for a team that has no identity in the middle of the field. Back to back years of one-and-done now in the SEC tourney. We simply can't keep enough quality possession through the middle and going forward to then create space by going wide, which in turn creates scoring chances. Florida did a great job on Lopez by double and sometimes triple teaming her, while Watt was usually doubled as well on the other side. So what is the solution? Look at what Florida did to us all night in the offensive third. They created precision passes through the midfield, then held the ball and sucked the defense toward them and then passed to runners coming up from the defense or another midfielder who could split the defense and get shots on goal. We looked helpless on the backline for much of the night when this happened. Alston, Kolb, Hill, and even Smith at times were beaten multiple times or simply didn't mark players, and there was no sense of urgency to get the ball out of the box when it was in the air or just bouncing around 50/50 balls. I will say that it's a pretty depressing situation when your true freshman Katie Smith, with only a few starts on the back line to her credit, is already your best player on the back line. The loss of Sample really hurt this team badly.

And, of course, as many others have pointed out, GK play is just not good enough at this level of soccer. The Gators should have scored 5 goals at a minimum, with two shots bouncing off Hutton's leg when she didn't even make a move to the ball. And both goals that were scored should have been saved, especially then second one. I've not seen GK play this poor at A&M since I started following the program 15 years ago. I really hope the coaches are looking hard at the transfer portal in the offseason at the position.

This has been a very frustrating season and I think we will look back on this team with pros like Lopez, Watt, and possibly Ziemer and wonder how this team wasn't better. But when you don't have a good true midfielder that can control tempo and possession (like M. Harvey) it really doesn't matter how many great offensive weapons you have if they can't get the ball in space. We still have the NCAA tourney to salvage the season, but it will have to be done on the road as an unseeded team.
mullokmotx
AG
Per Chris Henderson our RPI dropped to 22. It looked like we were in a 4-5-1 until we got down 2 goals. I thought we were playing 11 on 12 in the first half with almost all of the foul calls going against us. We have played 3 east division teams twice in a season the last 2 years (USC, UT, UF) and are 1-5 and have been outscored 14-4 in those 6 games.
Gap
AG
Wow. Just looked at the replay of Florida's goals. Our keeper has to be better. Just poor fundamental play. She looked lost.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.