College Soccer Discussions

7,513 Views | 66 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by mullokmotx
Here4goodSoccer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
FSU has had a weird year. I thought they were going to be unstoppable, but it seems team have figured them out, or they lost key players to graduation. They should have the top midfield in college soccer with Castellanos, Howell, and Zhao. I'm curious how the rest of the ACC play will go for them.
mullokmotx
AG
Stanford plays at Santa Clara Sunday night.
mullokag
Hand Of God
AG

That draw against Brown isn't hurting as much as I thought it would.
redd38
AG
Say what you will about G, but he is really, really good at scheduling for RPI
Giggem
AG
Pepperdine--man, I can't figure them out. They were not impressive versus us. I thought we should have beaten them by a couple goals. Yet somehow they managed to get the draw. And now they beat Stanford and hang with the big California teams--USC and UCLA. Somehow, they get results, even if the flow of their play doesn't look impressive.
HiddenAg2
redd38 said:

Say what you will about G, but he is really, really good at scheduling for RPI
I have to admit you might be right about this. On paper I thought it was a very poor non-conference schedule, but it seems to almost always work out for us in the RPI. Pepperdine and Brown are much better than I anticipated, and BYU might be a 1-seed this year.
HiddenAg2
Hand Of God said:

Providence beat Texas 1-0 in OT. What happened to the Longhorns? I thought they had gotten the program back on track, but they've had several really bad results already this year.
2021 they have by far the #1 recruiting class in the nation. That will be the beginning of their resurgence.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Baylor and USC putting on a show tonite

2-2 headed yo overtime
mullokmotx
AG
Top 2 ranked teams had ties tonight: Virginia by Wake Forest and Southern Cal by Baylor. Baylor keeper was fantastic.
mullokag
MookieBlaylock
AG
Baylor with the post at 4 seconds left and a wide open shank at the buzzer

Baylor is better than another team on the brazos
mullokmotx
AG
They seem to have played better in this game than we have played most of the year, but then they lost at home to Arkansas and tied Abilene Christian on the road last weekend.
mullokag
mullokmotx
AG
Macario with a free kick goal in the 77th minute to give Stanford a 3-2 lead at Santa Clara.
mullokag
mullokmotx
AG
Stanford beat Santa Clara 4-2. The 2 California teams we played were 2-1-1 against UCLA and Stanford.
mullokag
MidTnAg
AG
redd38 said:

Texas currently has the 8th best RPI in the Big 12
RPI is a very poor measure of strength compared to the polls.
mullokmotx
AG
I saw the highlights of Clemson at UNC. The Tarheels remodeled their stadium and it looks like they have seats on 3 sides, where there were seats on just 1 side. The track got taken out. They use the stadium for lacrosse also.
Former Aggie commit Diana Ordonez has 12 goals in the 9 games she has played for Virginia.
UCLA took a 3-0 drubbing at Arizona last week.
redd38
AG
Update: Texas currently has the 7th best RPI in the Big 12, not projected to make the tournament
Giggem
AG
MidTnAg said:

redd38 said:

Texas currently has the 8th best RPI in the Big 12
RPI is a very poor measure of strength compared to the polls.
That might be true, but the NCAA tournament selection committee looks quite hard at RPI, so it's extremely important.
Here4goodSoccer
I'm honestly really surprised with how poor Texas is doing. I didn't think they lost too many players from their team last year. The Big 12 seems to be having a really down year, but I honestly don't pay too much attention to those teams anymore.
biobioprof
Found Stanford at Oregon on the Pac 12 network.

Ducks were playing defensively and it was scoreless late in the first half. Things broke open after Stanford scored on a PK from a hand ball in the box. Now it's 3-0 in the second. Macario has 18 goals for the season.
redd38
AG
Brown is #4 in the RPI, that's so crazy.
Hand Of God
AG

We have 3 losses and 3 draws. 5 of those 6 results come against teams on this list. Pepperdine is the lone exception. Unfortunately that means we haven't beaten anyone of real quality.
mullokmotx
AG
The other day Southern Cal went to California and got whipped 3-0.
mullokmotx
AG
Pepperdine had a 3-0 lead at Santa Clara last night with 30 minutes left and then Santa Clara scored 4 goals in 15 minutes to win 4-3.
Hand Of God
AG
Last night gave us a much needed RPI boost
mullokmotx
AG
Duke is unbeaten in conference play but only in 5th place in the league standings because they are 3-0-6. They also had a tie in non-conference play so their overall record is 8-1-7. I wonder what the record is for most ties in a season. Grace Piper's younger sister Sarah plays for Duke.
Hand Of God
AG
Baylor is currently a bubble team but I could see them matched with us in the first round if they make it in.
Here4goodSoccer
I'm still in awe of Brown. I realize they have won the Ivy League, but I was not impressed with them at all. I'm curious if their post season will prove me wrong.
Hand Of God
AG
Completely agree. We absolutely should have won that match.
redd38
AG
I noticed the other day that Macario (Stanford junior) was leading in goals and assists and meant to look up who else has done that, but Chris has done that for me...

Incredible
aggiesoccer#1fan
AG
In the quarterfinals of the Big 12 Tournament. Texas Tech defeated Baylor, and TCU eliminated Texas on penalties.
Hand Of God
AG
Baylor's bubble probably burst. But is a first round matchup with Texas looming for us?
Giggem
AG
Hand Of God said:

Baylor's bubble probably burst. But is a first round matchup with Texas looming for us?
The NCAA is obsessed with forcing A&M-Texas games at every opportunity.
mullokmotx
AG
I watched the second half of UNC-UVA today. With 5 minutes to go the Virginia keeper had to leave the game after a big collision with a Carolina player. Carolina won in the first overtime 2-1. The commentators were talking about what a physical game it was with the NCAA Tournament coming up.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.